bfgFlounder
Moderator
Moderator
12,864 Posts

Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 26, 11 2:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

Edited on 02/14/2011 at 2:50:29 PM PST


 
cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jan 26, 11 7:42 AM
I am having problems on level 24. Twice now I have received "Access violation at 0x0054 (tried to read frem 0x0000027c)program terminated. Any surgestions gratefully received.

Edited as I can't spell.

Edited on 01/26/2011 at 7:44:15 AM PST


 
strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by strilf on Jan 26, 11 8:59 AM
I am having trouble on level 28. Game wants me to complete 4 cottages. I have 3 fully upgraded, and no building space for the fourth one. Is this a glitch?


/strilf, over and out.

 
karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by karen876 on Jan 26, 11 9:43 AM
strilf wrote:I am having trouble on level 28. Game wants me to complete 4 cottages. I have 3 fully upgraded, and no building space for the fourth one. Is this a glitch?


/strilf, over and out.


Hi Strif, I thought I had a glitch with this level too but you only have to build three cottages and make sure that you have built all the improvements. There is one flower bed behind the top left cottage that is a little sneaky....

 

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by DLL0720 on Jan 26, 11 11:02 AM
I keep getting an Access Violation error code too. Grrr....

 
bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 26, 11 12:32 PM
Hi everyone!

cleoladycat and DLL0720 -

If you're encountering an Access Violation when trying to play Jack of All Tribes, there are some steps in the following help article that might come in handy:

Access Violation

If the trouble persists, then please be sure to contact our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to assist further.

Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages, from which your question can be submitted.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

 
pupulegirl
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by pupulegirl on Jan 26, 11 12:45 PM
I, too, keep getting the error on different levels, but usually I just "Play Again" and all is well, but this time, and I think it's 24 or 25 I've gotten it twice.

 

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by timemgmtluvr on Jan 26, 11 12:57 PM
I can't start Level 18, it gives me that same error message.

 

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by Th8reCrazyRedhed on Jan 26, 11 1:32 PM
cleoladycat wrote:I am having problems on level 24. Twice now I have received "Access violation at 0x0054 (tried to read frem 0x0000027c)program terminated. Any surgestions gratefully received.

Edited as I can't spell.


I'm having the same problem. I've performed all recommended solutions but it's still crashing on this level.

 

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by cariets on Jan 26, 11 5:01 PM
the "click and drag villager with your left mouse button into the bath" wont work, has this happened to anyone?

 
pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Jan 26, 11 5:51 PM
Th8reCrazyRedhed wrote:
cleoladycat wrote:I am having problems on level 24. Twice now I have received "Access violation at 0x0054 (tried to read frem 0x0000027c)program terminated. Any surgestions gratefully received.

Edited as I can't spell.


I'm having the same problem. I've performed all recommended solutions but it's still crashing on this level.



I also had this problem. I finally went to the data file and deleted the bad data folder.

If you are on Win 7 this data folder is in Users-Your Name or whatever -Roaming-AppData-Divo-Jack of all Tribes. In this folder will be another folder with numbers and letters on it. In it you'll see 2 files, a number file and a menu sav file. It's the save point that keeps bringing the game down when you try to play it. Delete it or move it elsewhere.

If you can't see these folders, go to folder options in the control panel. Open it and check show hidden files and folders. Check Apply and close it.

You should be able to view the data you seek.

As long as that bad save point is there the game will keep crashing, freezing or violating. The profile has your game info ie level etc.


This worked like a charm for me. The game just picked up on the map wherever the next level is.

 

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Jan 27, 11 1:56 PM
Same thing, got access error on level 24 twice....I have newest dirext x, newest graphic cards, lots of memory and the game STILL does this. I've cleared out old files.

I'm sitting here with roughly 14 games that I can't play either due to: access problem or not full screen. Boyfriend cleans and rebuilds computers and doesn't know why this is happening. Strange enough, 3 games I bought elsewhere play perfect.

I cancelled my membership this week. I have roughly 10 free credits but reluctant to even try more BFG. CS will just tell me to do the Dr felix diagnostic which shows nothing.

I'm using W7, with 64 bit. Very unhappy gamer here.

 

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by yankeegrL4254 on Jan 27, 11 5:36 PM
I played this game for five minutes when my computer crashed and went into "power saving mode." This does not happen with other games. When I tried to play the game again it would not start. My computer is up to date and compatible with this game so what's the problem?

 

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jan 27, 11 11:39 PM
cariets wrote:the "click and drag villager with your left mouse button into the bath" wont work, has this happened to anyone?


Did you pick the villager with the bubbles over their head? (Although, I did accidently once drag the pig over to the bath...........)

 
Hey_j
Flounder
Flounder
2,098 Posts

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by Hey_j on Jan 28, 11 5:16 PM
I'm having a problem in Level 7 (too) with grabbing the bubble people to drag them to the bath. I did grab one, but could not let go when at the bath! Then, SOMEHOW it worked but then I couldn't grab another and yet the arrow kept pointing to the 'hire a worker' hut and the dialog kept telling me to grab a guy for a bath???

I think I'll love the game if I can figure this out or get help with it!

Update: I finally just restarted that level and everything went fine! I don't know what caused the problem but--the 'restarting' seemed to be the solution!

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 8:30:00 PM PST


 

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by bmcgirl1998 on Jan 28, 11 9:54 PM
Has anyone else had trouble with the free trial? I played for about 5 minutes and then received a message that my free trial had expired. It looked like it might be fun, but I didn't have enough time to be sure.

 
pixie30
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by pixie30 on Jan 29, 11 12:50 AM
I really like this game and was enjoying it until i got to level 28! I keep getting access violation messages and I have the latest Direct X and updated graphics card etc.

its so annoying as I was doing really well and looking forward to playing it again today.

I bought it too

 

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by o2batcee on Jan 29, 11 6:20 AM
I really like this game and was enjoying it until i got to level 28! I keep getting access violation messages and I have the latest Direct X and updated graphics card etc.

its so annoying as I was doing really well and looking forward to playing it again today.


Ditto here - I'll be contacting Tech Support today. I 've been a member of BFG for years (just not a poster ), and have never had a single problem with any of the nearly 100 games I've purchased through BFG.

 

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by SeaWitch115 on Jan 29, 11 7:01 PM
o2batcee wrote:
I really like this game and was enjoying it until i got to level 28! I keep getting access violation messages and I have the latest Direct X and updated graphics card etc.

its so annoying as I was doing really well and looking forward to playing it again today.


Ditto here - I'll be contacting Tech Support today. I 've been a member of BFG for years (just not a poster ), and have never had a single problem with any of the nearly 100 games I've purchased through BFG.


I have been a member of BFG for years as well, and never had a problem with a game before. I came on the forum just to see if anyone else had trouble with level 28. I, too, purchased the game.

 
Beledona
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by Beledona on Jan 29, 11 7:38 PM
pecabo1338 wrote:
Th8reCrazyRedhed wrote:
cleoladycat wrote:I am having problems on level 24. Twice now I have received "Access violation at 0x0054 (tried to read frem 0x0000027c)program terminated. Any surgestions gratefully received.

Edited as I can't spell.


I'm having the same problem. I've performed all recommended solutions but it's still crashing on this level.



I also had this problem. I finally went to the data file and deleted the bad data folder.

If you are on Win 7 this data folder is in Users-Your Name or whatever -Roaming-AppData-Divo-Jack of all Tribes. In this folder will be another folder with numbers and letters on it. In it you'll see 2 files, a number file and a menu sav file. It's the save point that keeps bringing the game down when you try to play it. Delete it or move it elsewhere.

If you can't see these folders, go to folder options in the control panel. Open it and check show hidden files and folders. Check Apply and close it.

You should be able to view the data you seek.

As long as that bad save point is there the game will keep crashing, freezing or violating. The profile has your game info ie level etc.


This worked like a charm for me. The game just picked up on the map wherever the next level is.

Thanks so much I was really bummed that this quit working and what you suggested worked for me! Thanks!!!

 
 
 
 
Go to: