barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

Today's DD - Anyone have a review?

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jan 26, 11 5:05 AM
Hey there fishies - anyone played this game and can give us an updated review?

exdir
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Today's DD - Anyone have a review?

[Post New]by exdir on Jan 26, 11 7:39 AM
Didn't quite finish the demo, because it's pretty confusing. Even after the tutorial & reading how to play, I still couldn't get through the level, and I wasn't sure why. After completing all the tasks, then demolishing old buildings and building new ones, goals weren't met. Anyone know how to meet them? I don't think it's worth $2.99.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 26, 11 11:04 AM
I've played half the demo so far and haven't had too much problem with it, aside from one mini-freeze. I've progressed through several levels.

To win a level, there's tasks to do, and also goals of number of guests, $, and attractiveness. The key challenge here seems to be balancing hotels and recreation. Hotels lower attractiveness, while recreation improvements increase attractiveness. There's a limited number of building permits per level, so sometimes a building should be demolished in order to have a permit to use for a different building.

The game environment is a bit different, as the starting year is 1920, in a totally undeveloped Miami Beach.

I haven't decided whether to buy it or not myself yet. I plan to play more of the demo before deciding. So far I'm sorta bored, but I doubt I've seen everything this game has to offer yet. It's somewhat like a lot of other building games. I personally haven't bought any of the Build-a-Lot series after demo-ing most of them - but I've loved Royal Envoy, Wonderburg, and World of Zellians.

Edited on 01/26/2011 at 11:24:29 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 26, 11 2:49 PM
I have only played the trial time, but don`t think that I would buy it today- even for the low price. Its not interesting enough for me

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jan 26, 11 3:46 PM
After playing the demo the game seemed interesting enough for the DD price so I bought it.

I'm a bit frustrated at this point because there just isn't any space to build on to make the goals. Obviously there's a solution to each puzzle - yes - I consider this a puzzle type game because you really have to do some thinking. The problem is that you don't have much time to think so i have to play each level over and over until I can figure out what to do.

There are certain task that must be completed yet you generally have to do further things to meet goals such as population and happiness. I find myself always completing the goals but failing after that because I don't have enough time to figure out what else needs doing.

There is a riot level god forbid but I have enough trouble with regular. I've made it to 1929 so far and am stuck there for the moment.

It's challenging to say the least.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 26, 11 9:17 PM
I finished playing the demo. A decent enough game it seems. Visually attractive.

The sound environment is either the music, which is nice but doesn't change, or the building sounds, which I don't enjoy.

I'm not having fun, but I think those who like Build-A-Lot type games might like it just fine.

[Post New]by SparkleingEyes on Jan 28, 12 10:27 AM
I too am having the same problem so now I am thinking bc of no room maybe demoishing the extra park a few bungalos and hmm adding a few life gaurd stations hotel ocean and new tourist information but whenever I do ...I run out of time. It's frustrationg. Help.

Edited on 01/28/2012 at 12:09:08 PM PST

Go to: