peggyll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Whacko game in Return to Ravenhearst

[Post New]by peggyll on Dec 5, 08 9:59 AM
HELP!
I have tried and tried to win the whacking the moles game and am just at my wits end as to what I'm doing wrong. I have already gotten one coin by hitting the Skip Puzzle but as I found out you need more than one coin and I have lost my Skip Puzzle option. I have made it to 100 and more several times and never get a coin. What am I supposed to do now?
Anyone can you help????

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Whacko game in Return to Ravenhearst

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 5, 08 10:05 AM
You only need one coin in each game of MCF RTR. If you play a second game you will need to get the coin again. But only once in each game do you need the coin from Whack a Troll.

Your SKIP will come back when it has had time to recharge.

Good luck and have fun!

Edited on 12/05/2008 at 10:06:02 AM PST

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on Dec 5, 08 11:26 AM
If you have already played the game you don't have to skip or play the troll game. You get the same info when you get the coin.
giggyann

peggyll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by peggyll on Dec 5, 08 11:33 AM
Thanks for the help on Whack a Mole. I thought I would need more than one coin for the telescope. I can't seem to get anywhere on that either. I tried to wipe off the lens and it won't let me. Guess I'm a real loser at this game.

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Dec 5, 08 12:03 PM
Julia, I have to tell you I love the way you guys that have a ton of posts help people. You are always encouraging, and you never get frustrated with us. Thank you and all the other "big fish" out there. We new guys appreciate you all.

MsPamGrier
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by MsPamGrier on Dec 5, 08 12:06 PM
I KNEW someone would post about the "Whack the Troll" game.

I've played "Return to Ravenhearst" all the way thru twice now and I've really enjoyed it -- I think it's one of the best puzzle games ever.

But that "Whack the Troll"! Ugh! It drove both me and my husband crazy -- it's like that old Twilight Zone episode with William Shatner where the fortune telling machine won't let him and his wife depart and he just keeps having to feed coins into it...hoping the next time it will give him permission to leave...

I have never been able to win at "Whack the Troll", but every time I lose, I think, "OK just one more time and I'll win, this next time will be IT"! And of course...I never do and it never is!

PS: I finally just used the "skip it" option.

Edited on 12/05/2008 at 12:07:14 PM PST

[Post New]by AndrewBarton on Dec 5, 08 9:13 PM
Not only haven't I been able to beat this game, I haven't even been able to score any points

This may be because I'm playing on a laptop with a touchpad instead of a mouse.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Dec 5, 08 11:03 PM
AndrewBarton wrote:Not only haven't I been able to beat this game, I haven't even been able to score any points

This may be because I'm playing on a laptop with a touchpad instead of a mouse.

Welcome to the Pond!! Andrew, I feel your pain! I am now working on my 7th time through and I will admit to the entire world that I am Not as Dextrous as a Fifth Grader!!! I have skipped that darn thing every single time. I don't even entertain the idea of trying it . . . I hit the skip button and take the 30 minute penalty. The coin will come out of the mouth of the troll on the back scoreboard.

[Post New]by charchar7004 on Dec 6, 08 4:41 PM
Which of these moles are point makers and point takers? Are the negative ones red?

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Dec 6, 08 4:55 PM
Yes, just the red ones take points (10) away.

MsPamGrier
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by MsPamGrier on Dec 9, 08 8:20 PM
Bump

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Dec 9, 08 9:45 PM
I found that if you play it over and over (actually, lose it over and over), you finally get a game that has lots more purple and green trolls so it's easier to get the 100 points. This was my least favorite part of the game!

Olag
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Olag on Feb 9, 09 3:18 PM
Great game! I, also, am stuck on that stupid troll game but when I choose the skip, I don't get the coin. Shouldn't I be getting it even though I have copped out?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 9, 09 3:29 PM
Olag wrote:Great game! I, also, am stuck on that stupid troll game but when I choose the skip, I don't get the coin. Shouldn't I be getting it even though I have copped out?
If you skip the game the coin comes out of the mouth of the Troll on the back of the game, in the upper right part of the game, just as if you had won the game. If you exit out of the scene without taking the coin, you have to use another skip, or play and win, to get the coin again. Good luck and have fun!

kahlan1227
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan1227 on Jul 11, 09 2:33 PM
I have tried everything gotten exactly 100 gotten up to 175 and no coin everytime its like they laugh at you ha ha ha welcome to hades NO COIN! lol can someone help

kahlan1227
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan1227 on Jul 11, 09 2:53 PM
K.......... Just made it up to 205.......... no coin, typewriter won't let me skip puzzle. for so many ppl to have this problem there must be a glitch somewhere i would think. i have beaten a score of 100 over a dozen times now, exited out completly started back up played some and still no coin. Is there any thing you have to do before you score 100 pnts for this to work cause i have tried everything and no coin. or is there a pre set order that if you don't follow it messes with something to make this happen? I have played several game that have a problem of having to do things systematicly or something won't work

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 12, 09 3:22 AM
Get to 100 and stop - let the timer count down. You should get a coin in the creature's mouth.
Are you playing on PC or Mac?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 12, 09 5:49 AM
kahlan1227 wrote:K.......... Just made it up to 205.......... no coin, typewriter won't let me skip puzzle. for so many ppl to have this problem there must be a glitch somewhere i would think. i have beaten a score of 100 over a dozen times now, exited out completly started back up played some and still no coin. Is there any thing you have to do before you score 100 pnts for this to work cause i have tried everything and no coin. or is there a pre set order that if you don't follow it messes with something to make this happen? I have played several game that have a problem of having to do things systematicly or something won't work

The Whack A Troll has a timer that goes to 100 on the left center and a score that goes to 100 on the right center. When your score reaches 100 the coin will come out of the mouth of the greenish yellow Whack A Troll that is on the upper right. Click on the coin and it will go into your inventory. This game also has a SKIP available in the lower right corner. The SKIP has to charge up before you can use it.

You do get the coin if you use the SKIP. It appears in the mouth of the Troll on the back upper right side of the game. If you use a SKIP and don't take the coin and leave that scene the coin will be gone when you go back because the game resets itself if you leave. You will have to wait for the SKIP to recharge and then use it again to have another coin appear.

You only need one coin in each game of MCF RTR from Whack A Troll. If you play the Whack A Troll again in the same game you won’t get another coin. Is it possible that you have already gotten the coin once in the game? You can go down the elevator and go and check the old rusty telescope to see if you have perhaps already used the coin.

Also you can start over as another player and see if that helps. If the game does the same thing when you start over as another player then you should contact tech support.

Good luck I hope you make it through!

Edited on 07/12/2009 at 5:53:29 AM PST

Go to: