bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 27, 11 12:59 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 9:43:23 AM PST

gisho
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by gisho on Jan 27, 11 2:30 AM
Another "phantom game" as one user wittily called this issue... According to task manager the game is running, but it can't be played or even seen. Everything is updated on my laptop (running Vista) and my hubby is a programmer, so I don't want to hear the usual yadda yadda.

FYI, the only "phantom games" I ever had were all from ERS (Haunted Legends: Queen of Spades, Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium, Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven - there goes the customer fav list for 2010... ) and BF tech support was never able to help me. I won't even bother contacting them about this one, I'll save my money & time for other games.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jan 27, 11 3:16 AM
gisho wrote:Another "phantom game" as one user wittily called this issue... According to task manager the game is running, but it can't be played or even seen. Everything is updated on my laptop (running Vista) and my hubby is a programmer, so I don't want to hear the usual yadda yadda.

FYI, the only "phantom games" I ever had were all from ERS (Haunted Legends: Queen of Spades, Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium, Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven - there goes the customer fav list for 2010... ) and BF tech support was never able to help me. I won't even bother contacting them about this one, I'll save my money & time for other games.

I had tech services help me recently and I'm running Vista. You might want to try this:

-From your Vista desktop, right-click your mouse and choose Personalize
-Select the Window Color and Appearance link
-Next, click on Open classic appearance properties for more color options
-From the Appearance Settings window, select Windows Vista Basic as the color scheme and click OK
-Once complete, restart your computer
-Open and play your game.

gisho
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by gisho on Jan 27, 11 4:34 AM
Thanks for the tip, GrammaKj. However, I've been using the Windows Vista Basic appearance all this time, the phantom ERS games seem to have another problem.

Edited on 01/27/2011 at 4:34:48 AM PST

joefraust
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by joefraust on Jan 27, 11 4:42 AM
My fiancee has the game and loves it so far. She's at the part where you have to dig up the chest for Madlen. The hidden object scene is missing the axe she needs to get from her list. What do we do?

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Jan 27, 11 4:54 AM
I am running windows XP Pro and the game will not play. According to the Game Manager the game is running but it is not there. Can anyone help me please. This is the second game that this has happened recently and it is very frustrating indeed.
Thanks if anyone can help.

[Post New]by tracey2602 on Jan 27, 11 5:13 AM
BereniceP wrote:I am running windows XP Pro and the game will not play. According to the Game Manager the game is running but it is not there. Can anyone help me please. This is the second game that this has happened recently and it is very frustrating indeed.
Thanks if anyone can help.

I too am having the same problem, tried un-installing twice but still no joy I am running windows xp . please help!!

genie41
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by genie41 on Jan 27, 11 5:25 AM
same problem here the axe is missing !!!! why does every good game have a bug!!!

[Post New]by keithmarley on Jan 27, 11 5:49 AM
They put bugs in these games to deter pirating, but they should make sure that the games work correctly for us legit purchasers. Very very frustrating to ALWAYS have to deal with missing objects & wait times to play while they come up with a fix. I believe this is the last game I am going to purchase from here. I'm so sick of every single new Collector's Edition game that I pay full price for, having a bug. We should be able to play these games with no problems. Especially this one since it took MONTHS for it to come out after the demo was released. Why aren't all these bugs worked out? Maybe if we show them that their sales will go down, then they will get it together.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 27, 11 6:16 AM
Hi fishies,

If you are having difficulties accessing the axe, be sure to uninstall Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon fully through the list of programs in the control panel and to reinstall the game through your Big Fish Games Purchase History.

For more information, refer to the help page article below:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you continue to have trouble continuing your adventure, I can also suggest contacting Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket. We definitely want you to be able to play your game!

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps,

bfgImbrium

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Jan 27, 11 6:20 AM
I can not trigger the hidden object scene by the barrel. I have put in the tap and filled my empty bottle. I am supposed to play a scene to get paper, however, it doesn't sparkle and I get only "we have to wait for better light". I am snowed in here and want to play this so bad. Please help!

Brittsky
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Brittsky on Jan 27, 11 6:37 AM
XP users. I have had the problem you describe as a phantom game if I start the game from the desk top. I found that if I restart my computer and launch the program from
game manager it runs. Hope this approach works for you.

[Post New]by jilliepepper on Jan 27, 11 7:41 AM
I am running windows xp pro it plays but i got lagging all the time

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Jan 27, 11 7:44 AM
gisho wrote:Another "phantom game" as one user wittily called this issue... According to task manager the game is running, but it can't be played or even seen. Everything is updated on my laptop (running Vista) and my hubby is a programmer, so I don't want to hear the usual yadda yadda.

Seems to me that this problem is most common among those using laptops. I've played all the games listed without any problems. I'm using 64 bit Windows 7. Have only had the problem noted with one game. And it was pretty much agreed that in that particular game, the problem was specific to compatability with 64 bit Windows 7.

IamJbar
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by IamJbar on Jan 27, 11 7:45 AM
xxybcc wrote:I can not trigger the hidden object scene by the barrel. I have put in the tap and filled my empty bottle. I am supposed to play a scene to get paper, however, it doesn't sparkle and I get only "we have to wait for better light". I am snowed in here and want to play this so bad. Please help!

Having the same problem. Have lit the scene with the lantern, finished the object scene, and still no paper. ( can't seem to catch the wanted poster, or I would use that!!( heehee) ) Any help or are we looking at yet another CE bug?
JBar

IamJbar
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by IamJbar on Jan 27, 11 8:07 AM
IamJbar wrote:
xxybcc wrote:I can not trigger the hidden object scene by the barrel. I have put in the tap and filled my empty bottle. I am supposed to play a scene to get paper, however, it doesn't sparkle and I get only "we have to wait for better light". I am snowed in here and want to play this so bad. Please help!

Having the same problem. Have lit the scene with the lantern, finished the object scene, and still no paper. ( can't seem to catch the wanted poster, or I would use that!!( heehee) ) Any help or are we looking at yet another CE bug?
JBar

Well DUH!! Gotta go to the wolf cage first! Oh, well, best to get " today's dumb moment" over with early!

[Post New]by LaraWright on Jan 27, 11 8:23 AM
I have played the game for about 25 minutes & everytime I try to go past the horse the game closes.....I was liking this game too!

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Post any Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by bumblebea on Jan 27, 11 8:31 AM
tHE SAME FOR ME. i CHANGED TO STANDARD CURSER RIGHT AWAY BUT AM STILL NOT ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME THE WAY IT SHOULD PLAY.

Edited on 01/27/2011 at 8:35:51 AM PST

Gamesetter_
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Gamesetter_ on Jan 27, 11 9:05 AM
genie41 wrote:same problem here the axe is missing !!!! why does every good game have a bug!!!

The axe is missing and there is another hidden object scene, when you go forward from the cave at the lake, where tweezers are missing.

[Post New]by rorasmomma on Jan 27, 11 9:05 AM
Windows XP been playing for 10 mins on trial and crashed 4 times. STOP CRASHING! SO frustrating and yes uninstall..blah, blah, blah its the game not my computer!

Go to: