bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

The Mac version of Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood is here!

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 27, 11 1:14 AM
If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood players.

If you need further technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support through our Webform, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article..

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

bfgImbrium

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood is here!

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jan 27, 11 9:14 AM
A review from the PC side from June 29, 2010:
overthehill60 wrote:When I comment on a game I try to make sure everyone knows that this is strictly my opinion. That being said, I didn't like this game at all. I played the entire hour demo and found the game to be rather boring. I got as far as the second chapter. At the beginning, in the jungle, I thought this might be a pretty good play but after wondering all over the house in order to get packed to go on this adventure, I realized I was more frustrated than entertained. I know that most of the comments about this game were very positive and I'm glad that so many others enjoyed playing this game. For me, however, it's a not buy unless I can get it on a DD. Even on a DD I don't really know if I'd be interested. There are so many games out now and many more that are soon to be released that are a great deal better.
4th of July holiday is almost upon us and I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Happy gaming.

This review sums up my reactions precisely. Only change is it is now winter and I wish everyone who is so dreadfully snowed in today warmest wishes.

[Post New]by blu_stocking on Feb 5, 11 11:07 AM
I'm stuck at the puzzle where you have to reassemble the map pieces.
The instructions say right click to rotate pieces, obviously on a macbook you can't right click! I tried CTRL click but nothing happens. Guess I'll have to wait for the skip button to charge.

[Post New]by cactusrose on Feb 5, 11 1:46 PM
The game does NOT work for Mac. I had to skip the "pack the camera bag" puzzle because the pieces would not rotate. I tried the Control key and various combinations of Control and other keys. None worked. I played on until I got to "assemble the map." I had to skip that, too.

It looks like the map self-assembled when it was skipped, but the game wouldn't let me pack the car.

My trial expired. Following a hint in the Help files, I set my mouse for right click function. But to see if that helped, I had to purchase the game. Unfortunately, I wasted my money, because the new mouse configuration did not change anything.

If there's a fix, I'd love to know about it. If not, Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood is a big loser.

cjones357
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by cjones357 on Feb 5, 11 5:51 PM
I can appreciate the problems peole are having right clicking on pieces to rotate them. After much trial and error, it seems you have to have the piece in exzactly the right position for it to rotate. In other words, if your piece is not near where it is supposed to go, it won't rotate at all. That is what I found out. I also found out that where there is supposed to be a hidden object site in the cave Chapter 5 Wild Tribe, there is not HOG at all. Can't go to the next location because what I am supposed to pick up needs to be used to trade for goods. Unless there is a fix, it looks like the game ends at Chapter 4. too bad, I was getting used to the hidden object scenes and the MAC side of things isi getting VERY SHORT on acceptable choices for HOGs. I'm very much wishing I had more chooices. I've played themn all except the ones that are so dark that you can't even see your cursor on the screen.

[Post New]by hbinhb on Sep 14, 11 5:57 AM
I am using iPad version. I am stuck at the point in the ship where I am to use the tongs in the fish bowl to get the puzzle piece from the crab. I've read through the forum tips and walkthrough and it says to click on the fish bowl, get the tongs out of inventory and then click on the crab. I've clicked on the crab, on the puzzle piece, at the top of the fish bowl, you name it, and I cannot get the puzzle piece. What now???

sdurrie
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by sdurrie on Aug 12, 12 7:36 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I am playing on a MacBook Pro with OS Lion. For me, right clicking means tapping with two fingers--easy! But I am not big on puzzles, so I ended up skipping most of them. I wish I could have seen the solutions because it would help me in the future with puzzles like these!

I loved the hidden object parts because the items were hidden in a very challenging way, but there wasn't too many random objects in the scene either. I liked how you had to collect items to make something work.

I WISH IT WAS LONGER! For those who didn't like this game very much, please suggest similar games that are better! I really liked this game.

Go to: