telescope in bedroom

gnewburn
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

telescope in bedroom

[Post New]by gnewburn on Jan 27, 11 12:28 PM
Has anyone else have the problem wit the lens sticking on the telescope?..I uninstalled & reinstalled the game & sent a message to tech support...just wondering if anyone else had this problem

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

telescope in bedroom

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 27, 11 12:29 PM
gnewburn wrote:Has anyone else have the problem wit the lens sticking on the telescope?..I uninstalled & reinstalled the game & sent a message to tech support...just wondering if anyone else had this problem

Did you click on the large lens in the center? That resets the puzzle.

Hope that helps.

MargieB

gnewburn
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

Re:telescope in bedroom

[Post New]by gnewburn on Jan 27, 11 12:46 PM
yes I did & nothing..I also uninstalled & reinstalled the game

[Post New]by loojnb on Jan 27, 11 1:46 PM
I also unstalled and reinstalled, nothing! What gives?

lopie65
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by lopie65 on Jan 27, 11 2:15 PM
having the same problem i have the 326 on the lens but nothing happens it says to click on the middle lens to reset but nothing happens

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 27, 11 2:23 PM
lopie65 wrote:having the same problem i have the 326 on the lens but nothing happens it says to click on the middle lens to reset but nothing happens

You only have to reset if the number does not appear in the center lens.

Now that you have the code "326" you can continue with the game, It's a code for another puzzle.

Good Luck.

MargieB

[Post New]by iluvfh on Jan 27, 11 3:34 PM
The telescope is also stuck for me. I tried the center lens but it won't let me move the lenses. I tried to insert 326 into the puzzle, but it said I had to find the code (solve the lens puzzle). Any suggestions?

atmmts
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by atmmts on Jan 27, 11 4:19 PM
Thanks for trying to help Margie B....but having same issue as iluvfh: game will not let you enter code into 'you know where' unless telescope lens puzzle completed. And like other posters, clicking on center lens does not get puzzle to reset.

There was another CE game a couple of months ago that had a point where several folks got stuck if player mis-clicked or tried to skip dialog at certain point. Can't remember which cemetery/ghost/ evil curse game it was. Very frustrating as it happened over 1/2 way through game and the only way to resolve it was to start all over. So hope this this isn't another one of those deals.

reilyjoe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by reilyjoe on Jan 27, 11 6:03 PM
Also stuck at this point. Telescope will not reset and code cannot be entered until you find the code through scope. Do not know how to send info to tech support but hope they get the message. Too much $ to spend on a ggame that sticks. 13th skull did same thing in cemetery scene. May have to stop buying games!

JennEdge
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by JennEdge on Jan 27, 11 7:11 PM
I made the mistake of exiting this game before I had finished the telescope puzzle, and now I find myself in the same position...hope they fix this soon!

[Post New]by Alexaanavid on Jan 27, 11 7:31 PM
I am also stuck at this point....what to do?

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Jan 27, 11 8:41 PM
Same thing happened to me, but was able to continue by first, uninstalling and the reinstalled. When I got to the dreaded telescope I clicked the glass lens' in the exact order that strategy guide said and it worked. The number 326 will then appear on the top lens. For some reason when I randomly click the lens' the telescope freezes up and can not continue. Bummer that you have to reinstall, but at least you will then be able to play the game. Hope this helps.

BGOVEA
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by BGOVEA on Jan 27, 11 10:40 PM
I guess I'll join the crowd. I got the lenses to move around and then suddenly they froze. I don't know if I want to reinstall and restart or not.

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Jan 27, 11 11:34 PM
i sent a message about another game to tech support a week ago and i have not had a reply, does tech support work?

[Post New]by marebecasa on Jan 28, 11 6:02 AM
I was caught in the telescope and everything. I can not restart and I click on anything acontece.Poderia lenses and tell me what to do? will restart the computer and nothing happened.
Thanks

Rozanne
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Rozanne on Jan 28, 11 9:14 AM
Poor Customer Support seems to be inundated at the moment - the average reply back seems to be taking about 72 hours, according to BFG.

Ramlynne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Ramlynne on Jan 28, 11 10:14 AM
I also got stuck. I managed to get two people from support by doing live chat. The first one directed me to this forum, which just told me that other people were having the same problem. The next one I got was Dennis K from Seattle. Oh My God! He said he hadn't played the game yet, so his knowledge was nothing. He said he would send me an e-mail so that he could check out my computer and then send it to the people that fix the bugs. Guess what? No e-mail. I am sick of this. I have bought so many games and the last three were duds and had to get credits for them. Don't they test these games before they put them out there?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 28, 11 10:23 AM
Hello everyone.

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that we are looking into the telescope lens issue and will post any updates in the Game Forum, so please check back. We appreciate your patience as we work on getting this resolved. If you have any further questions, please feel free to get in touch with Customer Support.

To do this, you can click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Jan 28, 11 11:53 AM
Thank u for your response. After I reinstalled from the Purchase History. Everything went smooth.

Ramlynne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Ramlynne on Jan 28, 11 2:34 PM
I just went on Live Chat and Alisa said "we really haven't received many complaints about this issue". Her solution was for me to do a new profile and start all over again. NOT. I uninstalled and re-installed and no luck. So, they are issuing me a refund for the $13.99. I would encourage anyone who is a member to go to Live Chat to complain!

Go to: