DD Reviews for Jan 28 2011

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jan 28, 11 12:24 AM
Post them if you got um!

Is this a sequel to the other game spelled the same "G.H.O.S.T"?
I have not bought either so am curious if they are any good.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:DD Reviews for Jan 28 2011

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 28, 11 1:02 AM
No, the first GC was a straight HOG, was a good one if you just like HOGs, was on a timer back then, but very generous (or we're much better at it).

This one has nothing to do with the first, is a IHOG adventure, nice graphics, different, more fairy tale like. Only thing I remember was some tiny objects, but there is a mag glass. Probably very easy these days but one you can jump around to different locations. Light hearted, good buy for DD especially. Well, I liked it but seems so long ago after over a hundred games between.

If you like zany stories, excellent production values, a quality game I recommend Mishap2, well worth the price if as good as Mishap Accidental, my fav game of last year. Not your run of the mill ghost stories. HOG, puzzles, minis, stories to read and a lot of laughs.

Have fun

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 28, 11 3:01 AM
I have bought and finished this game already before a month. Its a great ihog (great graphic, story and puzzles). But beware: Its a little bit short (appr. 2 hours), but for a daily deal I think its a good amount. Happy gaming

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 28, 11 5:40 AM
Bought this game when it first came out and have replayed often as I totally loved it. Wonderful graphics, great atmosphere and unique puzzles.
I only wish there had bee a second G.H.O.S.T. Chronicles. This is one of my all time favorites. Can't praise it enough. Well worth the money as a DD.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 28, 11 6:57 AM
I played half the demo and am going to buy it. I really like the way the hidden objects are hidden in the scenes. I think I quit playing when I did because the bakery scene made me hungry - after the next scene I quit to hunt up some breakfast lol!

I wouldn't say it's a must buy, but I do think it's worth a look-see...

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 28, 11 8:47 AM
Disappointed. To me, the graphics are not good. That hazy, let's
not make anything too clear look. Some items very tiny, and
hunting by magnafying glass is not something I enjoy. Also do
not like it when H0s just disappear from list; clicked on something
and item removed from list, but have no idea what it was.

Did stick it out for 40 minutes and enjoyed a couple of
puzzles, but overall, not a game for me even at DD
price.

For those who enjoy it, Happy Gaming!

I'm off to demo Mishap.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 28, 11 10:50 AM
I bought this game when it first came out. I loved it...!! Highly recommend.

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Jan 28, 11 5:28 PM
Played the whole game the fastest I could with lots of hints, did not take the time to find all the faeries (hints) nor to admire the scenery and it took me more than 2 hours.

The ones who do take the time will enjoy themselves for about 3 to 3.5 hours.

I played without the help and don't think I would have liked it as much with. It is easy enough.

It has a different gameplay than the usual h.o.g. or ihog, the music is nice, the characters look real, and I should have been able to hear them talk but I heard only the end of a sentence from one of them. I had to read the conversations. I don't know what happened.

You sometimes need to go elsewhere to get something and come back to clear an area.

I myself use a real magnifying glass for tiny objects but I found the one in the game ok to find everything.

I read that the replay value is good, with new objects every time.

At the end, there is something cute and funny happening to watch.

At $2.99 it is a real good price. My thought is that this game cost a bit to produce hence the short length. But it is worth the money.

If you like h.o.g. and adventure, it is a good mix, on the easy side, with beautiful environements.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 29, 11 5:31 AM
I enjoyed the game, but nothing happened at the end. The ghost says he can now rest in peace, and then...credits. Very abrupt. From reading reviews and a walkthrough, it seems there's supposed to be more. Perhaps I'll play again in the future to see if anything is different.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Jan 31, 11 4:02 PM
Dang! Bought this one, or so I thought. Purchased it at 6:30 am and thought I had completed the sale. Must have been tired because I clean forgot that that there is a third screen to go to. Problem is that even with my large monitor, the submit button is at the bottom of the screen out of sight (one has to scroll down to see and click on it) and that same page also looks similar to the final screen with the reference number. I rarely download right away because I have so many games I have yet to play and just didn't bother to double check. Didn't realize until too late that I never got the confirming email. Oh well, my bad. Moral of the story? Be cautious of anything you do at 6 in the morning! I've always complained that BF repeats too many titles as DD's then COTW's. Now I'm hoping this is going to be one of them

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Feb 9, 11 4:07 PM
Athena - I'm with you and hope it's a repeat. I thought I'd purchased it and I guess I didn't?

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Feb 14, 11 10:43 AM
It looks like you got your wish---it is the COTW this week!

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Feb 14, 11 5:29 PM
Wanted to check out the COTW game, but after dl'ing the demo, had problems in the first ten minutes of the game, at the start, I could not figure out what to do. Used the Walkthrough and had problems locating the hidden objects in the first few scenes, even with the magnifying glass. I just couldn't seem to find them and had to keep using hints. And I didn't get what the Magic Eye was all about. However, I persevered and the next scenes were easier to find objects and figure out the interactive things I needed to do. It became fun so I bought the game, have been playing on and off all afternoon. This seems like a long game because I still have several areas that I need to visit. I did get lost in Sherwood Forest, oh well! For $2.99, this has turned out to be a lot of fun!

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Feb 15, 11 1:18 PM
Athena99 wrote:Dang! Bought this one, or so I thought. Purchased it at 6:30 am and thought I had completed the sale. Must have been tired because I clean forgot that that there is a third screen to go to. Problem is that even with my large monitor, the submit button is at the bottom of the screen out of sight (one has to scroll down to see and click on it) and that same page also looks similar to the final screen with the reference number. I rarely download right away because I have so many games I have yet to play and just didn't bother to double check. Didn't realize until too late that I never got the confirming email. Oh well, my bad. Moral of the story? Be cautious of anything you do at 6 in the morning! I've always complained that BF repeats too many titles as DD's then COTW's. Now I'm hoping this is going to be one of them

What did I say! Here it is just a little over two weeks and Bob's your uncle!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 15, 11 1:48 PM
I bought this with a credit when it was first released and got so frustrated at first. Objects or fragments were so tiny I too had to use a lot of hints or go to another location and try there. I wasn't used to the adventure style yet, and expected it to be like the first GHOST HOG game. I didn't finish it I got so lost.

Fast Fwd a year later in a dry spell I remembered it unfinished and started over. Once I figured out the game play, or I think catching fairies for hints etc I really had a fun time. The game hadn't changed, I had. Moods change too as to what is appealing on a given night. I was probably burned out on a M3 finally LOL.

A bigger monitor would help, I play on a small laptop, but once I found the mag glass and got more hints to use it was good for replay. . As I recall there was a map of the town to jump around.

Must be another GHOST on the horizon as many times as this has been offered for $2.99 or on sale days. Give it a try, easy for adventure players, challenging for us others. PUzzles were fun too.

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Feb 16, 11 5:16 AM
I enjoyed this game.
I enjoyed the graphics, and the storyline
lots of hogs, very few mini-games
a couple of things to fix to open the next thing - but nothing complicated

this is not for you if you want something challenging and to stretch your mind. I imagine playing this again when i want something mindless to fill and hour while DH watches football

I never did work our how to use the fairies during play, and only found 64/68. I know i left where i left one behind, but is was a scene i couldn't access again (bad point) so if you want to collect them all, find them before you finish the HOG. It also didn't say how many were in the scene (another bad point)

i think if you collect them all there is an extra scene of 'goodbyes' but otherwise the finish is very abrupt.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Mar 9, 11 3:31 PM
When you finish each challenge, the number of fairies possible is listed. You can exit and go right back in, but not if you leave the area. I found all but one, and I searched that screen like crazy!

The end says the items to find change upon next play, so that adds to the re-playability.

The only thing that bothered me was though the magnifying glass was, the cursor was right in the middle of it!

For any RenFaire folks, this is a hoot!

Go to: