Your Comments and Reviews for Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jan 28, 11 12:34 AM
3 for 3 this morning. 3 games that are sequels, that I have not bought or played. So same post.. I'd like to know how everyone liked the first one and this one as well before I buy. Will wait for Gran, goofyduck and all the other reviews to decide.

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 12:56:25 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 28, 11 12:47 AM
Well I'll tell you, it was all I could do to hit Try instead of Buy, I've waited for this a year, Mishap Accidental was my fav game last year. And since I thought this was going to be a CE I haven't bought a game all January, OMG just 6.99 SE and I even have a free punch code from last month. I would have paid twenty bucks if I had to.

If as great as the first, it will keep you busy a long time, top production values, funny, and chapters you can play one a night if not all through it, so many oddball things to do.

Well, just wanted to see if it runs ok on laptop W7 widescreen 17" but probably will have the bars. If a problem I'll load on my old pc xp, doesn't take a gig of Ram.

I know there's lots of fans from before so let's party !!!

(oh oh just one punch, I better get busy shopping LOL)

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 28, 11 12:57 AM
Hi fishies,

Thanks for creating the comments thread; I've stickied it so it's easily spotted

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 28, 11 1:09 AM
Downloading now, and I am also re-installing the first in the series, Mishap: An Accidental Haunting, so I can replay that. I'll just run the demo long enough to check to make sure it works (always a good idea even if you KNOW you are going to buy) and then I'll hit the "Buy It" button as fast as I can!

Yesterday's CE made me start a new punchcard, so I'm glad to have a game today that I know I will love.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 28, 11 1:24 AM
WARNING Flashing lights.

Well I know I am going to be in the minority but I just couldn't get on with this game and after trying for 24 minutes all I have got is a headache .

For me there are far too many "light" effects ... they are in the background (a flash before the volcano erupts and it keeps erupting) ... you get blue circles of light when you click on a correct object ... you get big circles of flashing lights when capturing ghosts etc. Added together = far too many for me to tolerate in one scene.

I had a hard time trying to see the objects, most of which are quite small anyway, and had to restort to using hint after hint.

Sorry developers this game is not for me .

Cherb

[Post New]by DariusThe3rd on Jan 28, 11 1:41 AM
Actually I didn't like Mishap 1 at all but when I tried this sequel my hour was up before I noticed. Beautiful game and a steal at this price. It will not be for everyone: There is a LOT of movement going on in the search scenes but personally I found that an extra challenge. And the artwork is simply amazing...

D3

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jan 28, 11 1:59 AM
cherbtoo wrote:WARNING Flashing lights.

Well I know I am going to be in the minority but I just couldn't get on with this game and after trying for 24 minutes all I have got is a headache .

For me there are far too many "light" effects ... they are in the background (a flash before the volcano erupts and it keeps erupting) ... you get blue circles of light when you click on a correct object ... you get big circles of flashing lights when capturing ghosts etc. Added together = far too many for me to tolerate in one scene.

I had a hard time trying to see the objects, most of which are quite small anyway, and had to restort to using hint after hint.

Sorry developers this game is not for me .

Cherb

I was just going to vent about the "perpetum mobile" motion, and the dizziness that I got - but Cherb just wrote it...

Why? So beautiful graphics - why to destroy my pleasure? Sit down doggy! Sit! Stay!

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 2:00:07 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jan 28, 11 2:05 AM
CasualGran wrote:Well, if you liked the first 'Mishap' (called Mishap: An Accidental Haunting) then you'll certainly like this sequel! It has everything the first game had, but even more polished and artistic.

It's all about ghosts and ghosthunting, and you will have to search for handdrawn objects that aren't easy to find in the overcrowded action scenes. And if you click on wrong items too much you'll hear a shrill womans voice yell 'You lack focusss!' or something. And this is in relaxed mode, you see, so in the harder mode you'll probably see a ghost pop up in your screen to scare you, or maybe there's that 'mist' again for a few moments, like in the first game. Don't know, someone playing the hard mode should inform you about that.

A very busy, odd and artistic HOG, this game. 4 out of 5.

Happy Gaming!

In hard mode she is screaming and in your face. Her face takes up the entire screen. (on my 24" screen she makes quite a statement!) It can take any number of wrong clicks -- even just one -- so her random appearance does startle you.

I am going to enjoy this game -- total ridiculous fun. I do appreciate every bit of the wacky artwork and animation, and best of all the searches are not junk pile. I got bored a bit with the repetitive game mechanic in Mishap 1, and this seems similar, but the visual is so much fun. from me as well.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Jan 28, 11 2:07 AM
Well, I'm with cherbtoo on this one. While the artwork is beautiful, I found that quite a few of the items were rendered a little too abstract to recognize. Flashing lights don't usually bother me in games but something was causing fatigue and eye strain.

Besides "Hogging" I really didn't see much else to interact with. Finding the ghosts was a no-brainer and just kind of stuck in there to try and pump up the game activities. A feeble attempt in MO. Every once in a while, when you clicked on an item the game would make a noise and little ghosts or sprites would arise. I don't have the slightest idea what that was all about!!

I really liked the first "mishap." This one just looks like they tried too hard . . . and failed miserably! . . . and hey! Maybe it's just me that's miserable. Either way, I won't be buying this one even as a DD. It has nothing to offer me.

It's obvious the reviews are going to vary greatly so try it, you might like it.
Dr.good

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jan 28, 11 2:34 AM
Can this "Mishap" sequel match up to its forerunner? In a word, YES! I d/l'd the demo--BIG file, BTW--and decided to purchase from the developer's site after about 30 minutes of fun (back in late December--I've played quite a bit more since then). Be prepared, though--the game is video and RAM intensive. The intro and first cut scene were slow and choppy (maybe if you've got a GB or more of RAM and 256 or 512 of video, you'll do fine--I've got the minimum specs).

The opening menu screen is a work of art! All the goodies are there, including game vs. system cursor (I chose system), ambient sounds, and music. Keep in mind, the developer is offering this as a Collector's Edition for $15, so it includes amenities (especially a neat, narrated strategy guide). "Hobblepop" is back with assorted gadgets for ghost-busting, the screen-scrolling system is intact, the graphics and hidden-object scenes are A+ (although some of the items are challenging to find), and the voice acting is pro-caliber. There's lots of room to explore and to "exorcise" specters with your "Ecto-Detecto." You'll get an absolute hoot from some of the background animations in various scenes.

In spite of the huge d/l size and the sluggishness of some parts, I've still gotta give this a "5."

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 2:38:25 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jan 28, 11 2:37 AM
Well, the best laid plans and all that! I had planned on playing just a few minutes to make sure the game worked on my computer before I quit, bought the game, and replayed Mishap 1 before going on to play this one. Yeah, right. It was "just one more scene" until I completed the entire demo - the time flew by!!

This is just the perfect game for those tired of the dark and dreary. If you can stand the occasional light flashes (and I realize that there are some gamers that can't stand even one light flash - I'm that way about 360 panning) then you need to give this game a try. It's hilariously funny, totally tongue-in-cheek humor, over-the-top gags, and just plain fun. Sort of like running away to join a circus, with ghosts.

Do NOT try it if you are very sensitive to the flashing lights, don't like HOGs (I know, but HOG-haters do exist, and they seem to demo the HOGs then complain there are H0s in them) or if you don't appreciate cartoony artwork. The graphics are an Alice-in-Wonderland explosion with a little Willie Wonka mixed in, and as doctorgood mentioned this can make some of the items harder to spot. I really didn't mind, though, and that's what the Hint button is for.

OK, I give up - I'm off to buy now, and I'll play this one first, THEN go back and replay the first in the series! Have fun, everyone!

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 2:40:02 AM PST

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Jan 28, 11 4:09 AM
cherbtoo wrote:WARNING Flashing lights.

I am having the same problem as Cherb with the brightness. I wear glasses which may have something to do with it. Game looks good but light effects make the HOG's too hard.

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 4:16:13 AM PST

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on Jan 28, 11 4:13 AM
Are these developers on drugs or what????
And if you over-click..........WTF is that????

No thanks!

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Jan 28, 11 4:28 AM
Yosemite1956c wrote:Are these developers on drugs or what????
And if you over-click..........WTF is that????

No thanks!

WOW!!! Are you in a bad mood or what?

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Jan 28, 11 5:09 AM
Thanks for the reviews fishies. I loved the first Mishap, and I can tell I'll love this one also. Goofyduck is right...but it's a huge bowl of eye candy...lol. Great game.

SnowMeow (Calif.)

[Post New]by itmustbetrue on Jan 28, 11 5:28 AM
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the game. I can't get past entering my name. A white oblong box appears at the bottom of the create your name and thats all she'll do. uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the same results. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 28, 11 5:34 AM
itmustbetrue wrote:I'm glad everyone is enjoying the game. I can't get past entering my name. A white oblong box appears at the bottom of the create your name and thats all she'll do. uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the same results. Oh well, another one bites the dust.

From reading other posts here, I will suggest the following: Have you typed in your name and hit enter?

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Jan 28, 11 6:19 AM
Loved the first one, beta'd the second and I love this one too. Had no problems with it before but as I don't remeber if I beta'd it on this pc or my dead laptop I will download try first as a caution. Bfn Inge (uk)
Uhmmmm forgot the shooter bit, this could be a problem...... my usual winge

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 6:22:22 AM PST

[Post New]by MeauxJeaux on Jan 28, 11 6:25 AM
Yay.. happy dance, happy dance... HAPPY DANCE! I was sooo excited to see this here when I started my computer this morning!

What a fun, happy silly game.. I don't mind the "surprise" of the mis-click penalty!

I bought it, got my coffee, and started playing, and just like the first one, it had me giggling! My DH actually walked in to make sure I was okay!

Hope all the fishies in the pond have a great day! and thanks Gran for the great review! I have only been here at BF for about a week, but have made a point to check out the reviews on any games before I decide. I am quickly turning to you and a few others as my "experts"

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Jan 28, 11 6:59 AM
Wow, really? A new Mishap? What a way to start my day! And what a good final purchase for my punchcard!

Like the first Mishap I have to play in window since full screen doesnt ft my monitor. A minor inconvience but nothing horrible.

There are two modes "scary" and an easier one. I chose scary because I love to be scared if its in the form of entertainment. Plus I love the pop up ghosts if you misclick too many times.

I'm on the Gym now and I am loving it just as much as the first!

Go to: