bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 28, 11 12:55 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Jeriann64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting technical issues here only

[Post New]by Jeriann64 on Jan 28, 11 2:14 AM
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I can't get beyond creating a profile. A white box comes up & then my computer freezes. HELP!!!!!

[Post New]by beachgirl6541 on Jan 28, 11 2:15 AM
Just type in your name and hit enter

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lanzakaren on Jan 28, 11 3:17 AM
the same happens to me,a white box comes up below where you should enter name and have to go to task manager to stop the game as nothing happens

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Jan 28, 11 3:30 AM
I couldn't enter my name either. Uninstall/reinstall didn't help.

Oops. I guess we aren't used to hitting enter. It works!!!

Thanks.

m

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 3:34:57 AM PST

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Jan 28, 11 6:28 AM
Thanks beachgirl for the tip but how did you figure that out, just curious.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 28, 11 7:54 AM
Game would not play on my new Win 7 32 bit so uninstalled and am reinstalling using the "recommended settings" option in the pop-up window I get in download. Haven't had to do that for a game but I'm trying it this time.

Note: I've read the Help section and Compatibility and all that. Per my PC - I am up-to-date on everything. The game doesn't say it plays Win 7 - just XP and Vista. But testing is done on all OS' per BFG's remark in Game Compatibility.

Hope this pop-up Win 7 download setting option helps. *fins crossed*

I'm back. And the game will not play for me. I get an access violation error pop-up. Oh, well. I'll check the developer and see if they have a version for Win 7.

Guess who?! Yeah, me again. So now I'm installing the game again and this time... will have the antivirus turned off when I start the game. Never had to do this before with a game but I'm willing to try it this time. And thanks to Curt for offering to help me get past this point to play his game.

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 8:57:58 AM PST

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jan 28, 11 8:32 AM
I get as far as having my profile entered, then I hit "play". It says patio scene loading. Then goes back to the option window. I hit "play" again and it loads the patio, then goes back to the option window. How do you get the game to actually open so it can be played. I tried hitting enter, Esc. the right button, space bar, what next?

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 28, 11 9:10 AM
Smallhaven wrote:Game would not play on my new Win 7 32 bit so uninstalled and am reinstalling using the "recommended settings" option in the pop-up window I get in download. Haven't had to do that for a game but I'm trying it this time.

Note: I've read the Help section and Compatibility and all that. Per my PC - I am up-to-date on everything. The game doesn't say it plays Win 7 - just XP and Vista. But testing is done on all OS' per BFG's remark in Game Compatibility.

Hope this pop-up Win 7 download setting option helps. *fins crossed*

I'm back. And the game will not play for me. I get an access violation error pop-up. Oh, well. I'll check the developer and see if they have a version for Win 7.

Guess who?! Yeah, me again. So now I'm installing the game again and this time... will have the antivirus turned off when I start the game. Never had to do this before with a game but I'm willing to try it this time. And thanks to Curt for offering to help me get past this point to play his game.

I have windows 7, too, but the 64 bit. I get that pop up window with every game I download and I hit the one that says " This download installed correctly". I don't have any problems with that one.
But if you're getting an access violation further in you might have some other trouble. What virus program are you running?

Hope you get to play it

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Jan 28, 11 10:06 AM
lanzakaren wrote:the same happens to me,a white box comes up below where you should enter name and have to go to task manager to stop the game as nothing happens
iREAD THE OTHER TIPS AND HITTING ENTER DID NOT HELP. i ALSO HAVE TO HIT ESCAPE , ALT, CONTROL TO GET OFF OF THE GAME

RinneAlex
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by RinneAlex on Jan 28, 11 10:12 AM
As with a few other games here on BF, the game installs and starts up just fine. However, when I get to the first hidden object scene, the objects are in color, but the background art is in black/gray/white, making them a bit easy to find My system is within the system requirements. Too bad, this game looked like the kind I would have enjoyed

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 10:13:00 AM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 28, 11 10:26 AM
Micha1234 wrote:
Smallhaven wrote:Game would not play on my new Win 7 32 bit so uninstalled and am reinstalling using the "recommended settings" option in the pop-up window I get in download. Haven't had to do that for a game but I'm trying it this time.

I have windows 7, too, but the 64 bit. I get that pop up window with every game I download and I hit the one that says " This download installed correctly". I don't have any problems with that one.
But if you're getting an access violation further in you might have some other trouble. What virus program are you running?

Hope you get to play it

I get that annoying pop-up, too, about compatability and whether the download installed correctly. I usually answer it 'yes' but with this game download... I tried both options. And I did turn off Avast to start the game as advised in Help but that didn't work. In fact, I did everything in the Help section without any success. Dr. Felix was attached to my CS email and Curt's been working with me on it. Here's the error pop-up I'm getting upon starting the game:

Error: Access violation at 0x004A7079 (tried to read from 0x88000000), program terminated.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jan 28, 11 10:56 AM
First, indicate that drivers and other system requirements of my computer are updated .

I manage to create the profile, I get to the intro sequence and the image freezes on the TV with the guy drinking from the can. I get some extra seconds of soundtrack, then soundtrack disappears. Computer is not frozen, the sound of the game is gone, but the animation advances veeeeeeery slowly (like 1 fotogram every 5-7 secs): the "Light" spot coming close to TV screen is what helped me discover it was moving after all.

This is similar to the problems I experimented towards the end in Mishap1, which prevented me from seeing the final scene (it was a shame as I loved the game). I might try later in my laptop despite I rather not install games there. We'll see.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 28, 11 12:01 PM
I've updated everything on my PC with a lots of help from the developer. The error is now gone but the game freezes in the download screen. Had to use the task manager to close it.

Gee, this has been fun today. Good excuse not to do the housechores.

Lynnet67
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Lynnet67 on Jan 28, 11 1:47 PM
Smallhaven wrote:Error: Access violation at 0x004A7079 (tried to read from 0x88000000), program terminated.

I am getting that too.

tak582
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by tak582 on Jan 28, 11 2:13 PM
I have Win 7 pro. Download and tried to start the game and got the error message:
Error: Access violation at 0x004A7079 (tried to read from 0x88000000), program terminated

So uninstalled and clicked on the box to reinstall using the reinstall using the correct whatever that windows pops up whenever I download a game. I still get that message. Would like to try the game since it has such good reviews, but can't.

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 2:15:07 PM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 28, 11 2:33 PM
I had to do a lot of things to get this game to work and I thank Curt very much for his patience and help during the entire process.

The biggie for me was to trust the video driver update link I got from Curt and followed his directions completely. Including changing the dpi for this game and any other troubles on top of the error I was getting.

Thank you, Curt!

Jeriann64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Jeriann64 on Jan 28, 11 2:39 PM
Thank you for the feedback, I pushed enter & went right to the game. Now I have another problem; I figured out the riddle in the hotbath scene but every time I try to dump the salts, they all come back again. I tried doing them in a certain order but that didn't work; can you help me?????

[Post New]by busymeltdown on Jan 28, 11 2:51 PM
I'm getting the Access Violation Fault too. I'm running Win 7. Bummer, Mishap 1 is one of my favorite games.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 28, 11 2:56 PM
Hello everyone,

An update to your video card might help resolve the access violation error messages; please take a look at this help article for help:

Access Violation

If you're still receiving an access violation after taking these steps, please get in touch with Tech Support and please include the steps you've been able to take. To do this, you can click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit this form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you can then click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: