bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 28, 11 1:07 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Post any G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire technical issues here only

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 28, 11 9:15 AM
I uninstalled and am now reinstalling. I played the demo some time ago, and really liked the game. This time, I can't find anything from the very beginning. I even looked at two separate walkthroughs and nothing is where it's supposed to be or where I thought it was. I don't think it's me, because I've played this game before!

With any luck, the uninstall and reinstall will fix the problem, but right now, I am peeved, to say the least.

Updating Post: After uninstalling, reinstalling, and deleting previous names, it appears to be working. However, I'm not happy that I had to do that with a game I have played before with no problems! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again, further along in the game. Did I mention that the fairies and the ? were not working properly either? They appear to be OK now...I hope.

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 9:26:15 AM PST

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Post any G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire technical issues here only

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Jan 28, 11 11:02 AM

This game will not run correctly - it is so large on my screen I cannot even see the option area to choose Windows instead of full screen, if there is one. Resolution sizes I have tried are 1024 x 768 (recommended by Big Fish help section) and 1600 x 1000 (recommended by my monitor / graphics) - there is no difference between the two. I have a 10 month old computer running Windows 7 Home Premium with an HP w2207 monitor, graphics are NVIDIA GE Force GT 1GB GD.

Would have liked to buy! I believe this is another Windows 7 Home Premium compatibility problem so I will not be buying. Anyone else running Windows 7 launch this game successfully? Help would be appreciated! Thanks.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 28, 11 11:31 AM
Hey LYNNEWHITNEY,

I would highly recommend getting in touch with Tech Support to get this issue resolved. Please include that you have tried changing your screen resolution settings so that they don't ask you to repeat those steps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Jan 28, 11 11:50 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried that before with no luck but I'll try again - taking a senior neighbor shopping so will chat when i get back.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 30, 11 9:27 PM
I've played thru the game, and enjoyed it, but then realized the credits list voice actors and I didn't recall any... Uninstalled and reinstalled, and deleted the application data, fiddled with the volume controls in Options, and started over. The only voice actor I've heard so far (out of about a half dozen I've encountered so far this time thru) is the ghost with the playing cards. Music is very sporadic as well. Don't know what it's *supposed* to be like... The game sounds and ambient sounds seem to work okay, as much as I noticed...

[Post New]by belfaircats on Feb 17, 11 1:25 PM
The message I get is: "Hardware failed to switch to specific mode" then "access violation at 0x0248D896 (tried to read from 0x00000000) program terminated" then Torquegame Builder stopped working".

Any ideas?

polbetty
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by polbetty on Feb 21, 11 5:52 PM

I am having same problem with the game with error message "TorqueGameBuilder has stopped working". I have Vista service pack 2 installed on my Dell computer. I played this game after install up to the trees with the gems and now can't get back in. I changed resolution (just in case this was problem even though it worked without this prior to problem). Have gone through everything and will let the tech side know. Big Fish has worked with me on another problem and they were great. Yes it took awhile and we finally worked it out and the game was able to played. So hang in there.

dino_14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dino_14 on Mar 1, 11 3:48 AM
many problems, isn't for me

dino_14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dino_14 on Mar 1, 11 3:49 AM
rather cool

dino_14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dino_14 on Mar 1, 11 3:50 AM
but so boring

JLJ123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by JLJ123 on Jul 28, 11 2:48 PM
belfaircats wrote:The message I get is: "Hardware failed to switch to specific mode" then "access violation at 0x0248D896 (tried to read from 0x00000000) program terminated" then Torquegame Builder stopped working".

Any ideas?

I'm having the exact same problem...does anybody know what's going on with this? I've never encountered anything like this before.

Edited on 07/28/2011 at 2:50:44 PM PST

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Dec 28, 12 1:46 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. Got the same error msg.

Sr_player
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Sr_player on Mar 15, 13 12:01 PM
I am trying to use the 1 free hour before I bought, and have wasted 11 minutes of that time on a loop of the credits at the first. Unusual that they are at the front, to begin with. If I stop them, it just starts them again. Any suggestions?

Sr_player

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 15, 13 12:09 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you're running into an access violation error, our help article here might be useful in troubleshooting that:

Access Violation

If the tips there aren't working, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can look into that further for you.

Sr_player, that's an odd issue that you're running into there. One thing that might help is to uninstall and reinstall the game. You can find information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that doesn't get the game running normally, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to assist you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Go to: