bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 28, 11 1:08 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 28, 11 10:45 AM
This a great game...!! I bought it at full price when it first came out and really enjoyed it. Highly recommend.

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 10:46:32 AM PST

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for G.H.O.S.T Chronicles: Phantom of the Renaissance Faire

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jan 28, 11 10:56 AM
Would buy it if it was longer,but I'm not buying any game that only takes 2 hours, at any price.

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 10:57:48 AM PST

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Jan 28, 11 5:33 PM
soblessed57 wrote: Would buy it if it was longer,but I'm not buying any game that only takes 2 hours, at any price.

It takes at least 140 minutes to play. Even at that pace you don't relax and enjoy the game. No. Take your time, use NO HELP (at first you have a choice), look for all the faeries (hints) and don't use them if you can, take a good look at the beautiful park and you will spend at least 3 hours. At this low price it is a really good deal.

EDIT : I posted my comments and review under today's DD.

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 5:33:46 PM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 29, 11 5:00 AM
The graphics are nice. The gameplay is IHOG and HOG. It is a very easy game. The storyline is interesting. A good game, not great, just good.

This game is a B.

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by 0459 on Feb 4, 11 8:31 PM
This was a very disappointing game!

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Feb 6, 11 8:41 PM
For someone who's been performing at Renfaires for 30 years, this is damned depressing. It reminds me of too much politics, gossip and too many faire failures.

I'm sorry I bought it.

[Post New]by ravenwood6 on Feb 15, 11 10:39 AM
dokken117 wrote:I doubt that anybody will be reading this, because posts have pretty well run their gamut for this game, but I really wanted to tell folks that this is a sweet, entertaining game. I demoed it about a year ago and gave up on it because I was new to casual gaming and didn't know what I was doing. Then after a year of experience I went back and bought it a few weeks ago at the DD price. Still stumbled around the Faire, (but in a good way) and now consider it one of my faves. It's different.

I personally don't like to run through a game like lightening. I don't have the money to buy lots, seldom even buying enough per month to earn a credit, so I have to take it slow. And for me personally that's a good thing, cause I "stop and smell the roses". I probably stretched this game out for at least 4 hours, and in some cases was really stumped; am happy that I just now found out by accident that the H0 items change on the second runthrough. I would like to see a sequel. Have a happy day!

Well I read your post and appreciated it...so Thank you "dokken117". I, also enjoy taking my time with a game. I figure that I laid out the money for it so why not sit back; relax and enjoy the fun of the game! I read EVERYTHING in a game!! And like you I don't have much to "lay out" so I especially appreciate Big Fish Daily Deals!! I am purchasing this game because of your post so keep reviewing. I appreciate all the reviewers and read most of the reviews before I purchase a game. So THANKS to all who review and post,you help other shy fishies buy Great, Fun Games! Have a good day all!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Feb 16, 11 3:20 PM
Why is there a whole new forum for such an old game? Its dates don't even compute w/ the COTW dates. Weird.

merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by merivilan on Feb 18, 11 8:31 AM
Hi
It is a pleasant game in that it is not too scary.
However it is not memorable like some of the games I truely loved.
But at $2.99 it is a good deal.
best wishes to fishes

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Feb 19, 11 1:40 PM
I bought this game at regular price way back when and really enjoyed it. At the bargain price it is more than worth the . It's unique and the scenes are interesting. Highly recommend.

[Post New]by tinyseahorse on Feb 20, 11 4:10 PM
[b]nice graphics-really short game-kinda dissapointing in the end-no background music or noise's-ok for a really desperate rainy day if you have money to burn and about 2 hours tops to kill. otherwise pass. sorry bf - its a bomb

[Post New]by twistednarcist on Feb 20, 11 6:39 PM
This game is absolutely boring and not worth your time.
10 minutes into it and I couldn't stand it already.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 30, 11 10:17 AM
Bought this game (DD or on sale) ages ago and only played it today: I really enjoyed myself after all my creepy games. Nice, sweet, relaxing. H0 sometimes really small, good graphics (great in the forest), you do have to use your brain a bit. Good game.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Apr 16, 11 7:07 PM
I bought this a while back on a DD and saved it for a rainy day. (It really did rain today...) Wasn't my favorite, but I didn't detest it either... it was just so-so in my book. The graphics and music were very nice, but navigating was just plain wierd. I clicked on the hint button and it told me to find all the items in the scene.... well DUH!!! If I could have found them I wouldn't have needed the hint button!! I did appreciate the magnifying feature... the later it gets, the harder it is for me to see and I was able to finish this in one sitting, which was a good thing... I don't think I'd have come back for round 2.

Definately try before you buy.... might just be your cup of tea!!

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Jun 16, 11 4:59 AM
A simple and relaxed game. It was fun. Many hidden objects to find. Easy puzzles and 68 Fairies to find. Thumbs up for this game.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 17, 11 6:55 PM
I didn't like this. I was hoping the story would be interesting enough to make the location of a Ren Faire neutral, but it was plodding and uninteresting. Didn't even play through the entire demo.

skr041300
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by skr041300 on Jun 21, 11 5:06 AM
This was one of my first adventure games a long while back and I did enjoy it. It was sort of short, but relaxing and sweet. It was challenging at the time because I was new to the genre, but upon replay way too easy.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 6, 11 4:07 PM
Dorky....short....and slow moving. And the ending came up so fast it was a joke. The story just "ended" and just leave you hanging. (what story there is, of course). There are better games out there...don't waste your money on this one. Arrrgh.

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Sep 19, 11 8:31 AM
Bought this game a long time ago and just replayed it today. I thoroughly enjoyed it once again. Even though I'm sick of hidden objects, I still like this one. I like the way it was made with inventory that you have to figure out where to use and the voice acting was quite good. I like this game, just wish it was longer.

Go to: