Level 29

stilldixon
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Level 29

[Post New]by stilldixon on Jan 28, 11 9:56 AM
I can't even come close to gold on this level. Anybody got suggestions?

Re:Level 29

[Post New]by Rmandy56789 on Jan 28, 11 7:14 PM
Nope, I was wondering the same thing!

robin2u
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by robin2u on Jan 30, 11 10:48 AM
Me too!

lennycarl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lennycarl on Jan 30, 11 9:18 PM
I hate lightning!!!

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 30, 11 9:25 PM
I made level 29 with 5:17 to spare, but I took advantage of what appears to be a glitch in the game with this level. I don't believe it's possible to get gold on this level without taking advantage of the glitch. Here are the steps:

DO NOT BUILD ANY BRIDGES - YOU DON'T NEED THEM, OR THE BUILDINGS THEY LEAD TO!

1. Make your way to the water mill and grab the bucket of water.

2. Put out the fire immediately below the water mill, and grab the planks below that. Later, you'll continue clearing this path.

3. Make your way to the sawmill, put out the fire, and immediately upgrade it (you should have exactly 5 planks if you haven't used any unnecessarily).

4. Get more water and put out the next fire on the path below the water mill (where you put out the fire earlier). Grab the planks below it. Get the next pile of planks from the sawmill and immediately upgrade it to two stars.

NOTE - You now have access to the apiary and the totem on the right - you do NOT need to build that bridge.

5. As you get more wood, repair the apiary. Do NOT upgrade the water mill or the apiary; if you have 2 jars of honey, don't even worry about repairing them if they're hit by lightning (do repair the sawmill though). Upgrade your cottage. Continue collecting wood.

6. Continue making your way along the bottom, only until you clear the boulder next to the snakes, and make your way along the top, until you reach the crossroads with the wasps.

7. Make your way across in each direction to the two totems.

8. You should now have enough resources to complete all four totems (if you're short on wood and you have extra honey, you can trade honey for wood at the merchant closest to the apiary).

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 2:43:00 PM PST

[Post New]by pianoguy36609 on Jan 31, 11 4:24 PM
All i have to say is, wow. you are the master!

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 31, 11 7:27 PM
lol - you wouldn't think so if you knew how many times I attempted it before I tried the "no bridges" tactic

mo12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mo12 on Feb 1, 11 5:09 AM
Shaz,

You don't mention that you HAVE to build the bridge to the cotton mill and have to make your way to the milk farmer in order to get rid of the snakes. I have tried your method and still can't beat the clock! I find it hard to believe you did it with so much time to spare. I just don't think this level is beatable.

Kelseysmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Kelseysmom on Feb 1, 11 5:59 AM
That worked. !!!

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Feb 1, 11 11:51 AM
mo12 wrote:Shaz,

You don't mention that you HAVE to build the bridge to the cotton mill and have to make your way to the milk farmer in order to get rid of the snakes. I have tried your method and still can't beat the clock! I find it hard to believe you did it with so much time to spare. I just don't think this level is beatable.

No, you don't have to beat the snakes, build the goat or sheep buildings, or the cotton farm.

The only animal building you NEED is the honey one, and even then you only need two honey, to get rid of the bees in front of the two totems. There are no totems down there, and if you don't build bridges, you'll have enough stone without using the merchant.

It's sorta sucky that the way the map is laid out is so deceiving. But you CAN reach ALL totems without bridges, even if it doesn't look like it.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Feb 1, 11 2:30 PM
You really, really don't need to build any bridges here, and the only buildings you need are your cottage, sawmill, water mill and apiary. You can complete the level with gold without accessing the other buildings (and that's the ONLY way to complete it with gold). If you collect all the stone and boulders from the paths, you'll have 10 stone - enough to build the two totems. The moment you build one bridge, you no longer have enough stone, and you HAVE to build all the other bridges and repair all the other buildings just to complete the level, and will not be able to get gold.

I've made a video for this level. I completed it with 5:27 to spare. You can find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPHs2kbG1oU

If posting a link to a YouTube video is against the forum rules (my apologies) and the moderators remove it, just go to YouTube and search for gamergirl68. The video is called "Island Tribe level 29" but it's not showing up in YouTube searches yet

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 2:41:16 PM PST

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Feb 1, 11 2:46 PM
Of course, if the developers provide a new version of the game (I'm still playing the original with the bugs on levels 10 & 20) and they force you to repair that bridge to access the totem, the whole strategy will need to change. But I believe they'd have to allow for more time to complete the level and get gold, as I don't think it's possible to get gold if you have to use all the buildings.

sja1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sja1 on Feb 1, 11 8:39 PM
ShazPG wrote:Of course, if the developers provide a new version of the game (I'm still playing the original with the bugs on levels 10 & 20) and they force you to repair that bridge to access the totem, the whole strategy will need to change. But I believe they'd have to allow for more time to complete the level and get gold, as I don't think it's possible to get gold if you have to use all the buildings.

Thank you! That did the trick. Of course, since I had already completed level 30 I had to start all over again. That's the only thing I don't like. It doesn't let you go back to the map to replay a level once you've finished the game.

But not having to build that bridge is crazy. Hat tip to you for figuring that out. How on earth did you find it?

dlindab
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dlindab on Feb 1, 11 9:45 PM
The no bridge solution works, promise. There's a totem just above the apiary that looks like you MUST build that bridge. But your little guy will run around it.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on Feb 1, 11 10:22 PM
sja1 wrote:But not having to build that bridge is crazy. Hat tip to you for figuring that out. How on earth did you find it?

LOL! After spending I-don't-know-HOW-long replaying the level and failing miserably, I figured it must have been a trick one, where you didn't HAVE to do everything (there have been one or two of them earlier), but had to choose which buildings and resources were important. I also did a double-take when I hovered over something that was separated from the path by a broken bridge and the circle around it turned blue. So I tested to see if I could send someone there, and they went, despite the bridge not being repaired. That was a real light-bulb moment. The thing that took the longest was figuring out that I could collect enough stone for the two totems, as long as I didn't waste any in building bridges - the moment a bridge was built, that meant you'd have to trade for more stone, and THAT meant you'd have to get ALL the buildings up and running. I was SO relieved when I finally got it to work

jw322701
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jw322701 on Feb 2, 11 9:10 AM
i have no words! Genious!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Feb 6, 11 2:44 PM
lennycarl wrote:I hate lightning!!!

I hate it in real life also. But I can replay a level and it's like it strikes 2-3 times more than the first time and then sometimes only once. Don't get it. I'm waiting for it to strike all the buildings at one time.

LadyMorganFox
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LadyMorganFox on Feb 7, 11 8:59 AM
@ShazPG

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it!
I did it, using your solution and it worked!!!

You're a genius, really!

Edited on 02/07/2011 at 9:00:14 AM PST

tmhall55
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tmhall55 on Feb 12, 11 8:14 PM
thanks for the tip about building all those buildings and not building the bridges. i had enough stone and finished level 29. in fact just finished the game. thanks a million.............................................

tmhall55
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tmhall55 on Feb 12, 11 8:15 PM
tmhall55 wrote:thanks for the tip about not building all those buildings and not building the bridges. i had enough stone and finished level 29. in fact just finished the game. thanks a million..........forgot to put "not" finishing the buildings.sorry...................................

Go to: