kathiebee
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

I'm no quitter - BUT!!!

[Post New]by kathiebee on Jan 28, 11 6:30 PM
I bought this game in 2009. Have kept at it since then! Spent time away to "regroup" my frustration, and tried again. 1 year on level 131! That's how determined I am.

Have used all the tips and tricks in the forum, but to no avail. Finally have to admit that this one beats me. The reason why? I just tried the last time, and 4 times in a row I was beaten with 1 OR 2 SQUARES LEFT TO CLEAR!!!

THAT'S IT!!! Unless, of course, anyone has come up with a new and ultimately brilliant cheat to extend the time limit.

What a shame they never re-did it with a "casual" option without time limit. Would have been a brilliant game if they had.

Goodbye mermaid. Sorry - I, for one, can't help you win the garden contest!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

I'm no quitter - BUT!!!

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 22, 11 4:49 AM
kathiebee wrote:I bought this game in 2009. Have kept at it since then! Spent time away to "regroup" my frustration, and tried again. 1 year on level 131! That's how determined I am.
Have used all the tips and tricks in the forum, but to no avail. Finally have to admit that this one beats me. The reason why? I just tried the last time, and 4 times in a row I was beaten with 1 OR 2 SQUARES LEFT TO CLEAR!!!
THAT'S IT!!! Unless, of course, anyone has come up with a new and ultimately brilliant cheat to extend the time limit.
What a shame they never re-did it with a "casual" option without time limit. Would have been a brilliant game if they had.
Goodbye mermaid. Sorry - I, for one, can't help you win the garden contest!

I was able to complete Hidden Depths by using a suggestion in that forum posting; hit the escape key which will stop everything (including the timer) and then look over the board and see where you can make moves and then hit it again to make that move and then hit it again to recheck your board and go back and forth like that until you clear the board and pass the level. I don't have this game and don't know if it'll work but maybe it's worth a try?

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:I'm no quitter - BUT!!!

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 24, 11 6:11 AM

Well, I did buy this game and I'm on level 49 or 50 and I tried to aforementioned tip and it does NOT work. Yes, it does stop the game and yes, you can move the options screen BUT it eliminates the game board from the screen until you hit the
"escape" key again.

MEnr56

Go to: