bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 29, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel forum

[Post New]by susannc on Jan 29, 11 7:22 PM
The housekeeper does not show up to give me the tea guide. Any suggestions?

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Jan 30, 11 8:07 PM
Hi susan! The housekeeper will only show up if you've watered all the plants, cut some flowers and arranged them in the vase. Be sure you've found all the plants that need watering -- check the blog walkthrough for the screenshots of the locations. When that's done, go outside the cottage and the housekeeper will find you.

Here's the link to the walkthrough:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/death-at-fairing-point-a-dana-knightstone-novel-walkthrough

[Post New]by trout66 on Feb 11, 11 11:54 PM
Manor Grounds: Second run through and still can't get that long stick to work on the ceiling boards like the walk through says should work.

[Post New]by allwayssmiling on Feb 12, 11 7:02 PM
I am trying to get the level to open the gate to find fluffy. I found the bottom one but can not find the other one and hints are not working.. Also what is the deal with the mud. I tried putting on rain boots but that does not work either, help I'm stuck.

[Post New]by kittymarmite on Feb 13, 11 7:33 AM
I am trying to get the level to open the gate to find fluffy. I found the bottom one but can not find the other one and hints are not working.. Also what is the deal with the mud. I tried putting on rain boots but that does not work either, help I'm stuck. So am I looked on strategy guide and says something about the stones in front of the gate clicked on everyone nothing happening help pleeeassse

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Feb 14, 11 3:23 AM
trout66 wrote:Manor Grounds: Second run through and still can't get that long stick to work on the ceiling boards like the walk through says should work.

Hi trout! When using the long stick to remove the loose boards in the ceiling, click on it 3 times to remove all 3 boards.

Also, when placing an object, make sure it's the cursor that touches the hotspot, and not the inventory tool. The active area will light up so you know you're hitting the right spot.

Hope this helps!

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Feb 14, 11 3:25 AM
allwayssmiling wrote:I am trying to get the level to open the gate to find fluffy. I found the bottom one but can not find the other one and hints are not working.. Also what is the deal with the mud. I tried putting on rain boots but that does not work either, help I'm stuck.

Hi alwayssmiling! Go back to the bridge, take the rain boots from your inventory, and place it on the mud on the right bank of the bridge. A stone puzzle should then pop up, and when you're done with that, you'll find the other handle to open the gate.

[Post New]by Helping__Voice on Mar 9, 11 9:08 PM
Hi

I need something to remove fake paintings. What should I do? Another open task is to enter storage room but I don't know how? Is there anyone who has completed this game?

[Post New]by Redlady47 on May 22, 11 8:37 PM
Some how got ahead of the order and finished the chores before the flower arrangement and now I cannot move ahead at all and the game does not acknowledge that I have finished the chore list or picked the flowers. Now what?

[Post New]by victurn on Jun 1, 11 12:40 AM
Hi

kinda a newbie here but really want any suggestions for games to play after i finish this one. not that its the most spectacular but i love all the mini puzzles, i find a lot of games are just room after room of finding objects.. i am enjoying the finding and doing of this 1. any suggestions way more than welcome :-)

[Post New]by patpakmak on Jun 7, 11 1:39 PM
Redlady47 wrote:Some how got ahead of the order and finished the chores before the flower arrangement and now I cannot move ahead at all and the game does not acknowledge that I have finished the chore list or picked the flowers. Now what?

[Post New]by Shellik on Aug 15, 11 11:00 AM
At getting fluffy out of hole stage and the catnip is not acknowledged when I put it there. This happened with boots as well and the stick for the board in water. It is like the game is not responding to the items I am supposed to use. So, tried actually emailing big fish and the emails will not even go through! Really Shady. Not happy that I am spending this moeny monthly for over two years, and the games are faulty! So any help would be fine. Trying to see if anyone else has had issues with the contact us and email not going through? I get a warning sign in bottom left of comp and see jave script error! EVERY time I email? Hmmm... Any one else?

[Post New]by lrykiss on Sep 20, 11 10:59 AM
I have the watering can and then I went through the gate to the housekeepers cottage, but none of the chore pieces are there....anybody have a suggestion? I'd hate to have gone through all of the stuff thus far only to not be able to finish.

Thanks!

[Post New]by Happyrat20 on Nov 5, 11 2:05 PM
I've used the long stick to break the ceiling but now I can't find it again to open the trunk! Help!!!!!!

[Post New]by EarleyDaysYet on Dec 16, 11 8:26 PM
Help! I am in the workroom in the stable but cannot open the trunk. Strategy Guide/walkthrough say "open the latches"... but the game just keeps saying "it's locked". I can't find anything I've missed prior to this, on the walkthrough, so I have no idea what to do next! I'm on an iPhone.

[Post New]by miperrito on Feb 7, 12 2:30 PM
I've just purchased Death at fairing point. I get as far as Chapter 3 where I'm supposed to put the rain boots in the mud on right of bridge to trigger a puzzle but the boots refuse to stay there! and I cannot proceed with the game. It just keeps saying "its too muddy" I've looked though walkthrough and I have done everything as I should have. Please help Eileen"

fbix5
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by fbix5 on Mar 4, 12 6:30 PM

i have tried to find the knob to thefilm box, there is none with the sticky notes. help!!

[Post New]by Cowlesies on Mar 6, 12 12:11 PM
Hey I've seen a couple people have had this issue. I have used the long stick in David's workshop to poke the ceiling in the stable now I can't open the trunk to get the canvas! How do I unlock the latches on the trunk?!

[Post New]by Ladydaphinus on Dec 31, 12 11:22 AM
Chapter 2, I cannot get the box to sit on the desk like it says to do in the guide and per the hints. Help. I have restarted play over thinking it might work a second time

Go to: