bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 29, 11 12:58 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

kneehigh56
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel technical issues here only

[Post New]by kneehigh56 on Jan 29, 11 3:45 AM
I try to install this game so I can buy it......but I keep gettin message that says: this install is corrupt or incomplete.......why is this happening????

Re:Post any Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel technical issues here only

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Jan 29, 11 6:02 AM
Game bugs out just as it is loading the game!

[Post New]by mamadobbs1 on Jan 29, 11 8:03 AM
I downloaded the game but it won't open But when I try to restart it tells me the game is running Also, my time to play keeps decreasing and I never palyed the game

shera156
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by shera156 on Jan 29, 11 9:24 AM
The book shows that the knob for the projector is in a box containing the post-it notes; however, the graphic cuts off and is not accessible. What to do. I tried minimizing the screen, but it won't allow it. Frustrated.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Jan 29, 11 10:49 AM
Bedroom scene...when it tells me to put the items from my tray into the suitcase...the items won't budge. About the 3rd or 4th item I try to pick up~it exits the scene.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Jan 29, 11 11:19 AM
first action was to put passport in safe but can't get either game cursor or system cursor to enter digits... no idea about rest of the game... had to uninstall.

[Post New]by mollybutler on Jan 29, 11 11:23 AM
Orientation of game on my screen is off -- black line at bottom cuts off part of graphics. And, got to safe and cannot enter last 4 numbers from cell number. [have seen that concern posted here and on a different forum. Game looks good, but after reading problems, probably will take a pass.

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on Jan 29, 11 5:09 PM
SPOILER ALERT!
After I've read the letter from the killer to the person who hired them, the game goes no further. When I look at the walkthrough, I don't find anything I've missed. Let's face it, if you don't follow along, the game will not let you move fwd. Also my Hint button is not recharging so I cannot ask. What did I miss?
At the walkthrough I'm supposed to be in Scotland again. Help!
OK, I'm finished. I read some of the reviews & discovered there is a CE that came out earlier. I went there & discovered that I need to click on the letter after I put it up to the candle.
Just wanted to let you know in case someone else forgets to do it, too.

Edited on 01/29/2011 at 5:40:58 PM PST

thebud1
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by thebud1 on Jan 29, 11 5:15 PM
my cursor would not line up with any of the items I was supposed to be doing. I uninstalled it, until the bugs could be worked out

smbmax
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by smbmax on Jan 29, 11 6:30 PM
I cannot pick up the metal cube in the barn. The cursor has been off picking up items throughout the entire game. I've been able "live" with that, but now I cannot pick up an item at all. I know it's the correct item to pick up because the hint button tells me so. Also, I cannot read the bottom of the screen when it lists hidden objects to pick up or when the solve or skip options are given. The screen is cut off. What gives?! I cannot go further in the game until I can pick up this item.

bridlepath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bridlepath on Jan 29, 11 7:00 PM
unicornone wrote:first action was to put passport in safe but can't get either game cursor or system cursor to enter digits... no idea about rest of the game... had to uninstall.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Jan 29, 11 10:51 PM
Great game but will not play in full screen in the proper resolution. If I adjust my computer settings the top and bottom are cut off. Of the hundreds of games I have tried and have bought about 100 this is one of the few I have this problem with. The Awakening games are the other ones. Windows Vista 64 bit 22 inch widescreen, all drivers are updated, what would be the cause of this?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 30, 11 1:44 AM
mamadobbs1 wrote:I downloaded the game but it won't open But when I try to restart it tells me the game is running Also, my time to play keeps decreasing and I never palyed the game

And this is exactly what happens to me with ALL of Boomzap´s game now that I am using a Windows 7 - 64 bit laptop. All their games worked perfectly with my Vista computer, but not with my new laptop. Can´t even get to play a game I bought last April.

BigFish Customer Services did all they could, but nothing worked.

And I DID ask for an explanation from Boomzap - in the threads of the last 2 new games AND I sent a PM to a Boomzap representative. But did I get an answer? No.

I would really like to know what that is that seems to be either in the games or missing from them that makes them unplayable on my new laptop.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 30, 11 1:46 AM
chillygirl wrote:Bedroom scene...when it tells me to put the items from my tray into the suitcase...the items won't budge. About the 3rd or 4th item I try to pick up~it exits the scene.

Is there a reason you post the same message 6 times?

Fykomfei
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

Virus?

[Post New]by Fykomfei on Jan 30, 11 3:56 AM
Is there a virus in this game? Twice today the game crashed and uninstalled itself, and turned off my vius protectoin!

[Post New]by diggerssite on Jan 30, 11 12:49 PM
I cannot enter the combination for the safe. clicking on numbers and nothing happens , then i will click on numbers and all 6's come up. cannot even begin to play this game. Used the entire free trial trying to get combination entered.

[Post New]by chula310 on Jan 30, 11 1:18 PM
Game seemed to install correctly, looks good - but no cursor. No go for me.

bridlepath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bridlepath on Jan 30, 11 3:17 PM
I am having similar issues as everyone else and this is new for me concerning a game. I went through the suggested steps for game freeze and non-responsive but nothing is helping, therefore I conclude there is a glitch in this particular game.

[Post New]by mamadobbs1 on Jan 31, 11 3:14 PM
Still waiting for reply from Big Fish Games !!!

Go to: