Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Annoying Game

[Post New]by Athena99 on Jan 29, 11 6:27 AM
I tried very hard to like this game even after reading all the negative comments, but this might be the most annoying game I have ever played. Shall we list the it's bad points? Let's start with the music. No let's stop with the music. I had to turn it down or go postal. Everybody's favourite gripe - the annoying flashing skip puzzle arrows. Don't forget the window distractions depicting movement outside (the running figures and the flock of birds). I thought I could put up with the constant inane conversation comments, but when one has "4 key pieces" on the find object list and clicking on the first triggers her to say "I need all the pieces to open Amelia's bedroom". Well duh! And that is only one of many such comments. And what's with the disease-ridden looking landlord? Certainly not comic relief in my books. But one of the worst annoyances was the disappearing cursor - one cannot rapid click objects in succession because the cursor temporarily disappears while the object is removed from the scene. Add to that the sound affects of the objects clicked - they varied. One of the sounds was a low thrumming. Initially I thought it was a warning sound for having clicked on an object not on the list. Which brings me to the subject of being penalized. I think the developers went trigger happy on setting that up. I am not a random clicker, but it only takes three clicks to be punished by losing a hint and the only reason it happened to me was because I mistook what I thought to be the heart object (turned out it was an upside down pink spade) which I thought was being fussy as it was tiny and right at the bottom of the screen. One forum comment was something to the affect that they might buy if there was a 99¢ bargain bin. Well, sorry, I don't even think it is worth that.

Re:Annoying Game

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Jan 29, 11 7:49 AM
I agree with you 100%. I wanted to like this game because I never seem to get the daily deals. The ones I would want, I've already got. I lasted 8 minutes before quitting and uninstalling. Very annoying game. The graphics seem poor to me and hints are limited. I used 2 hints and lost one to overclicking in the first 8 minutes. Yuck! Not for me.

ibnurdreamz
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by ibnurdreamz on Jan 29, 11 8:17 AM
I have searched for a ihog game I would like since GOLDEN TRAILS, so this was a game I really wanted to like. But 100% agree with annoying, no fun etc. I really tried to give it a chance since it was a DD. Not happening. Seems the games lately are either too dark, no fun etc...wish the people who make thes games would check to forums to see what people HATE!

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Jan 29, 11 12:11 PM
Ibnurdreamz, I too liked GOLDEN TRAILS. I like games that are not necessarily spooky or dark, and I especially like some humor thrown in. Here are some games I have played recently that I particularly liked:

MYSTIC DIARY: LOST BROTHER ENLIGHTENUS
MAGIC ENCYCLOPEDIA 1 & 2 DR. LYNCH: GRAVE SECRETS
CURSE OF THE PHARAOH: TEARS OF SEKMET
MUSHROOM AGE
ROBINSON CRUSOE & THE CURSED PIRATES
BRUNHILDA & THE DARK CRYSTAL

The last 3 were a real hoot! Maybe you can find something you like as well as GOLDEN TRAILS. I'm looking forward to finishing VAMPIREVILLE and LOVE AND DEATH: BITTEN, both of which I enjoyed during the demo. Good luck!

Go to: