Svengoolie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

I wish real life was this easy.

[Post New]by Svengoolie on Jan 29, 11 1:02 PM
This has to be the easiest game I've ever played on here. At least in time management games, you have to think a little and move quick. This was just too easy. It was fun while it lasted, but I was the President of Inc Inc. after playing for an hour. It's pretty comical that someone wrote up a strategy guide.

BlueSkunk12
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:I wish real life was this easy.

[Post New]by BlueSkunk12 on Feb 1, 11 12:47 AM
If real life were this easy, houses would cost $1,920 ($3,000 - $1,080 if you bought the condo). We'd be C.E.O. of a major corporation 2 months after graduating from High School. We'd earn a PhD in a single day, and it would cost only $4,000.

It's a fun game, but it'd be nice if it were more realistic. Prices of certain things should be higher. Promotions shouldn't come as fast. It shouldn't be possible to advance to an expert in any occupation in a matter of hours. It shouldn't be possible to earn enough in a day to buy a house with cash.

It'd also be nice to do things with our children besides just to dinner, and be able to take our spouse to the spa.

Just a few suggestions to make any future Life Quest games more enjoyable.

Maddster16
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Maddster16 on Jun 29, 11 5:42 AM
Jeez IK! I wish real life was this easy too but its nottt...

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Jul 2, 11 1:07 AM
agree. far too easy. even tho you can't have kids till you're at the hilltop place. i would've liked a ton of kids in the pauper palace... for realism.

i blew thru the entire game this evening... might have one more go to feel like i got my money's worth.

jigsnwigs
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by jigsnwigs on Jul 2, 11 1:33 PM
I like this game because it is easy and fun. Both good qualities in a game. I find it has great replay value because it is like playing with paperdolls. Changing their clothes and redecorating their apt. Once you can buy the house, all the buildings are available so you don't have to keep winning challenges.
I like this version better than Magic Life. I hope the developers make a second version of Life Quest that retains the simplicity.

Hinex
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Hinex on Jul 3, 11 7:07 AM
It's a double edged sword with this game. I like the "easyness" insofar as you aren't in a chaotic anxiety ridden frenzy of constant chain-clicking coupled with the demand for point-click-precision that you get with some of the other time management games. But with Life Quest's more laid back approach and quasi-"turn based" time management playstyle - they made the game way too easy and fast to get through with little difficulty or challenge.

In my opinion, it would be better to either slow down the rate of advancement and acquisitions and ramp up the difficulty posed by your rivals so you can better gauge their advancements and tailor yours accordingly, OR keep the same pace of advancement and acquisitions, but integrate more options that are a bit more streamlined and intuitive in the game's user interface. For example, finding your "end" career as it is (which unfortunately always boiled down to becoming President/CEO for the three times I played through the game) leads you on a path of retracing prerequisite careers and requirements in a big pool of random jobs. If all of those prerequisites were grouped together and labeled as the different career paths they represented, the pace of advancement could be a bit more controlled and would make more sense to the player instead of the jumbled mess you have to wade through. This doesn't mean make everything linear. Different jobs, stats, or items can still be prerequisites for differing career paths, and they can all intersect and borrow from each other, but the way in which we receive that information on screen in the game can be a lot cleaner and sensible.

The TL : DR version:

Keep the turn based / time management mechanics as is.

Increase difficulty / length of gameplay without the forced hamster wheel feeling. (more content!)

Streamline advancement tracks in the UI.

Edited on 07/03/2011 at 7:40:01 AM PST

Go to: