sja1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Gold on level 25

[Post New]by sja1 on Jan 29, 11 7:05 PM
Has anyone figured this out? I can't even count the number of times I've tried.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

Re:Gold on level 25

[Post New]by ShazPG on Jan 30, 11 9:49 PM
Here's what I did, ending up with about 3:25 to spare. Don't worry about collecting all the gems - it cuts too much into your time.

1. Chop the wood right next to the cottage and grab the pile of wood right next to it, then make your way up to the sawmill. Get the planks and immediately upgrade it.

2. Work your way to the left and along and up the paths it branches into. When there's more wood at the sawmill, get it and upgrade the building again.

3. Repair the watermill as soon as you can.

4. Continue working along those two paths. By the time you reach the wasps and the boulders, you should have collected enough planks to upgrade both the watermill and your cottage. Upgrade them.

5. Work your way up the middle, and along the two paths it splits into. Ignore the wasps on the lower path for now. Collect all the resources and upgrade your watermill again twice, to three stars. Feed the boar.

NOTE - you should now have access to two building areas, but no buildings on either, and your other paths will be blocked by wasps or snakes.

6. As soon as you have enough wood, build the apiary (top site) and upgrade it.

7. Next build the grain farm (bottom site) and upgrade it.

8. Gather honey, and chase away the wasps above the final building site (near the apiary) - as you obtain enough wood, build the cow farm and upgrade it to two stars.

9. Get more honey and chase away the wasps near the bridge, and repair the bridge.

10. Use honey to chase the final wasps from the totem, and as you obtain it, use milk for the three snakes.

11. Collect milk and honey and trade it for stone at both merchants.

12. As soon as you have 20 stone, repair all four totems.

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 2:56:20 AM PST

sja1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sja1 on Jan 31, 11 3:51 PM
I think I see. Quick question: at what point (if any) did you upgrade your camp?

[Update]
Whoops. Never mind, I see. Thanks so much. I'll give it a try.

Agree about the gems. I don't even really bother unless my guys have nothing else to do during a build or something.

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 3:54:11 PM PST

sja1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sja1 on Feb 1, 11 9:22 PM
Thank you! I got it. It was a huge help getting the tip about waiting til the end to get the stones. I was trying to build as soon as got enough resources which meant a lot of my attention was going to keeping track of where I was.

I also realized that I didn't have to keep collecting planks. Just have enough on hand to do any repairs that came up

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Feb 13, 11 5:21 AM
Thanks for the advice. Managed it in about your time, ShazPG

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Sep 13, 11 5:28 AM
Part 1:
I really surprised myself by getting gold with a time close to 4 minutes and then recorded it and still got Gold at 3.42.
Follow steps 1 and 2 from ShazPG:

1. Chop the wood right next to the cottage and grab the pile of wood right next to it, then make your way up to the sawmill. Get the planks and immediately upgrade the mill.

2. Work your way to the left and along and up the paths it branches into. When there's more wood at the sawmill, get it and upgrade the building again to two stars (gives 6 wood) and then upgrade the cottage .

3. Do not repair the well til after the first storm. This saves you 10 wood initially. During the first storm only the well is struck so if it has not been repaired it does not get damaged and cost you an extra 5 wood.

4. With two guys working along the two paths and by the end of the first storm you should have the stone bridge built and cleared to the apiary.

5. As the storm ends you should have enough wood to build the apiary and repair the well and then do as much while the sun shines

6. Upgrade the well to 2 stars and the apiary to 1 star at the same time

7. Concentrate on collecting the honey more than any thing else as each trip to the shaman with 4 honey gives 2 stone and you need a total of 20 stone to rebuild the totems. You need 15 honey for three lots of wasps and say 32 honey for 8 trips to shamen to get 16 stone.

8. Keep collecting wood and water when apparent and build the grain farm.

9. Upgrade the well to 3 stars and by this time you should have at least 10 honey so chase the wasps from near the dairy and the middle totem.

10 Build the dairy and then upgrade the farm (1 star)

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Sep 13, 11 5:30 AM
Part 2:

11 Upgrade the dairy (1 star) and collect the first two milk.

12. Continue collecting honey, water, wood, and grain in that order of priority. The milk is really only needed to get rid of the snakes (9 required) and pick up a couple of stones from short runs to the nearest shaman near the end.

13. As soon as you have three milk drive the snakes away from the top shaman and deal with him to collect your first two stones. As you have lots of 4 honey available keep collecting stone and as the milk builds up and there is nothing else to repair or collect use some milk to deal with the second shaman.

14. In mean time try to get rid of the other set of wasps, repair the wooden bridge chase the last lot of snakes and open up the totem lower left for repair.

15. When you get a chance repair the totems furtherest from the cottage.

16. I finished with an excess of 18 water 19 wood and 20 grain so it is possible to shave some more time off there.

I have uploaded a video of this at this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hN4ggbLF8I

Go to: