bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 30, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to a world of danger and suspense in Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus, a thrilling Hidden Object Adventure game! You’re invited to a gorgeous, isolated Greek island for your high school reunion. Upon arrival, you notice that something isn’t right. One by one, your former classmates get killed—all the murders mirroring tragic Greek myths. Discover clues, locate missing objects, and solve dangerously perplexing puzzles to avoid being next on the mysterious killer’s list!

Edited on 01/30/2011 at 8:52:56 AM PST

sct1968
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Re:Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus

[Post New]by sct1968 on Jan 30, 11 12:18 AM
i beta tested this game and loved it. i'm just gonna buy it.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Jan 30, 11 12:46 AM
After 1\2 hour, I see it will be one on my short list of future buys. Just not right now. Simple but fun.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 30, 11 1:05 AM
I played about 20 minutes, and came in to buy. This one is a real mystery, and I am liking that. So far it has been easy yet the story is intriguing, and the voices are really good. Do not, and I repeat, do not click without thinking...this has one of the worst overclick penalties I have seen...it got me twice...and even though some items are hard to spot, I am not clicking unless I am really sure. I would rather use a hint, then suffer that penalty, but at least we aren't sent to another room, lol. The graphics looked awful when the game first opened but, after getting into it, they have improved. Don't know anything else about the game, but am hoping it continues to draw me in with the mystery.

jjjogram
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jjjogram on Jan 30, 11 1:23 AM
i can't find the last bell - any ideas ?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 30, 11 1:40 AM
Have you been in Room A yet? Funny thing for me is I dislike movies with similar themes to this one...but I love playing the games. Haven't seen any blood yet, so maybe it isn't akin to a 'slasher' movie, lol. And some items are really hard to see, but I have played much worse. This one is from Big Finnish...can't remember what other games I played by them.

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Jan 30, 11 1:49 AM
on the brighter side!
this appears to be a good game, hints recharge quickly, grafics are reasonable,
you can find out if there is nothing to do in a scene, very helpful! there also seems to be alot to do in this game, just by the amount of objects in each scene, **** items are reasonably found, most scenes are clear, not all dark,voice overs are not annoying, quiet helpful to the game, anyone having trouble, just keep looking and use the hints, i would like to wait to see the length, before i buy
cheers

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Jan 30, 11 2:03 AM
Julyah wrote:Thank you so much kduds for letting me know about the click penalty !!! I will NOT download the trial, and would not buy the game if it were the best in the world !!! That is unforgivable, I am peeved!!!

Slight over reaction maybe? It did it with me just because I started clicking randomly just to see what happened. The cursor sparkled and flew around for a couple of seconds, no big deal honestly. It turns out to be quite a nice game. It has a nice level of challenge. Try it.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Jan 30, 11 2:10 AM
Julyah wrote:Thank you so much kduds for letting me know about the click penalty !!! I will NOT download the trial, and would not buy the game if it were the best in the world !!! That is unforgivable, I am peeved!!!

Are you kidding? Sorry but that's no reason to not buy a good game.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jan 30, 11 2:12 AM
Is this a straight hog or is it ihog?

isis1313
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by isis1313 on Jan 30, 11 2:17 AM
Hello,
I played the whole hour and the only thing that annoyed me was the "info" panel on the bottom of the screen stayed too long. You can't click on it to remove it, or at least I couldn't and the only thing that moved it along faster is the big arrows. I didn't want to move in case there were any tiles in the area or something to pick up, which sometimes there was. I'm a notorious "clicker" and getting penalties is something I'm used to....didn't find the cursor so bad, I hate when the game shuts me down or gives me time penalties although I usually beat those even with the penalties. Overall I think this is a buy but no walk through to see how far I've gotten. In one hour I got to the point where I have to build a torch for the cave. Anyone get any farther than that?

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 30, 11 2:34 AM
prchalpn wrote:Is this a straight hog or is it ihog?

It's an IHOG where you use the items you have found or made in other scenes.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jan 30, 11 2:35 AM

I've only just got to the beach (to hunt for the phone) but the trial ran out and i'm hooked.

The descriptions of some items are a reminder of the way Spin Top HOGs are described (by function or some other description other than the actual name) and there is usually one item that has to be assembled (like Spin Top). There are green tiles to collect for a "bonus" compass.

But then, the game goes further than Spin Top and has you use the items gathered to further the story and solve the murder plus find a way to get off the island.

The minigames are logic based and all skippable.

The main character that you play is a man for once. Some voice acting - pretty good. . Graphics are a little grainy but the story compels me to continue. Hints recharge reasonably.

Edited on 01/30/2011 at 2:37:05 AM PST

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jan 30, 11 2:44 AM
I like it very much. A definite buy for next month so not long to wait.
Thanks for the warning about overclicking, will take more care. A little bit dark on my desktop pc so will hope it is better on the laptop. Not had time to try it there yet.

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on Jan 30, 11 2:50 AM
Blurry, grainy graphics. WHY OH WHY do devs make it so darn hard to see? I don't get it. Instant delete for me.

By the way, while I'm on my rant, why is Win 7 NOT included in the "System Requirements"? It is on all the other game sites.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jan 30, 11 2:57 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
prchalpn wrote:Is this a straight hog or is it ihog?

It's an IHOG where you use the items you have found or made in other scenes.

Thank you cherbtoo . I don't care for straight hog. I'm alittle spoiled

cgibson856
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by cgibson856 on Jan 30, 11 4:26 AM
Where is the last bell?

tlovplay
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by tlovplay on Jan 30, 11 4:29 AM
cant find the book any help

[Post New]by yorkshiregirl on Jan 30, 11 4:44 AM
give the fish head to the cat and you will find the bell .

JLnn
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by JLnn on Jan 30, 11 4:46 AM
Spoiler Alert, Highlight to reveal the location of the last bell: The last bell is on the cat's collar. You have to give the cat an item in order to get it. The cat can be found on the beach, go left from the shoreline from where you first land. Hope that helps.

Go to: