bfgFlounder
9,795 Posts

Welcome to Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 30, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus forum

[Post New]by annay301 on Jan 30, 11 11:41 AM
I need to build a ladder but i'm limited to areas and cannot find nails. Stuck., please help.

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
312 Posts

Need a walkthrough

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Jan 30, 11 2:06 PM
Does anyone know if BF is going to post a WT for this game? I want to purchase the game, but won't unless there is a WT to get me out of jams I am not able to resolve on my own.

[Post New]by twiffer on Jan 30, 11 3:06 PM
Where do I find the pliers to get the trident?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,489 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 30, 11 10:57 PM
If you're stuck all you have to do is click on your map - all locations marked with a yellow dot still has a puzzle to be completed there. Check it often as places that are marked with a gray dot (nothing to do) can change to yellow in a minute! Better than a hint button, strategy guide or walkthrough! And you can jump to other locations! I absolutely love games with this feature!

[Post New]by silverwolf601 on Jan 30, 11 11:18 PM
Only have two more white circles left, but how do I move to white circle from yellow or gray one.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,489 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 30, 11 11:23 PM
Hi silverwolf601! You cannot get to the white circles via the map. Those are locations that you haven't unlocked yet.

Claypool
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Claypool on Jan 31, 11 6:19 AM
I can't see how the map helps. I still have to keep going from one place to another trying to find out how to do things. I don't know how to fix the sail on the yacht and have gone back and forth to all areas and still can't find anything.

How does the map make it any faster to get around?

[Post New]by theshewolf on Jan 31, 11 8:09 AM
twiffer wrote:Where do I find the pliers to get the trident?

Twiffer, if you go to the ruins and talk to the old man, there will be a puzzle on the ground for you to complete. Once you complete the puzzle, the pliers appear in it's place.

[Post New]by theshewolf on Jan 31, 11 8:12 AM
I have a question of my own for anyone who is almost done with the game.

I have found the sat phone, found the key, found the missing dial, and turned on the power.

When I try to input the settings, I choose the correct MHz and satellite, but every setting I enter for the second dial does nothing.

I was able to ALMOST complete this game without a walkthrough. For those who are waiting for one, it really is not that difficult without one.

This is a wonderful game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,489 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 31, 11 9:00 AM
Claypool wrote:I can't see how the map helps. I still have to keep going from one place to another trying to find out how to do things. I don't know how to fix the sail on the yacht and have gone back and forth to all areas and still can't find anything.

How does the map make it any faster to get around?

Claypool, click on the location on your map you want to jump to, then click the jump button in the lower right (has two dots with an arrow between them). BAM! You're there!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,489 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 31, 11 9:02 AM
theshewolf wrote:I have a question of my own for anyone who is almost done with the game.

I have found the sat phone, found the key, found the missing dial, and turned on the power.

When I try to input the settings, I choose the correct MHz and satellite, but every setting I enter for the second dial does nothing.

I was able to ALMOST complete this game without a walkthrough. For those who are waiting for one, it really is not that difficult without one.

Did you look at the yellow post-it on the bulletin board? It tells you what number to set the center dial to.

[Post New]by stevo2 on Jan 31, 11 1:22 PM
I can't find the trident. I have all the other items for the statues and the only "yellow" location is the one with all the statues. I have the pliers, which I guess you need once you know where the trident. is.
Any help?

LadyN
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by LadyN on Jan 31, 11 1:48 PM
theshewolf wrote:I have a question of my own for anyone who is almost done with the game.

LadyN
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by LadyN on Jan 31, 11 1:49 PM
I'm stuck on the sat dial. it hit them all.. I looked on the calendar but that didnt help. havent needed a walk through til now

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 1:50:29 PM PST

LadyN
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by LadyN on Jan 31, 11 1:51 PM
stevo2 wrote:I can't find the trident. I have all the other items for the statues and the only "yellow" location is the one with all the statues. I have the pliers, which I guess you need once you know where the trident. is.
Any help?

the trident is up by the crates to the right on the pier

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 1:51:49 PM PST

[Post New]by leimark37 on Jan 31, 11 4:10 PM
I need help with the three rings on the door. I have found all of the circles but cannot figure out what to set them to.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,489 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 31, 11 4:54 PM
leimark37 wrote:I need help with the three rings on the door. I have found all of the circles but cannot figure out what to set them to.

Hi leimark! They correspond to the date on the passkey card you should have in your inventory - working inward, day, month, year.

[Post New]by petuniazee on Jan 31, 11 6:28 PM
I am at the beginning of the game. I cannot find the cask or the "marble chest". The clue points to the object but when I go there I get nothing.

susans2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by susans2 on Jan 31, 11 6:44 PM
I love this game!! but, when I click on the magazine to do the puzzle (find the differences), at the pool, my screen freezes...anyone else have that problem? thanks!

Go to: