why I didn't buy this game. No trial time left, so I'm
passing again today.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

Re:Today's DD Comments and Reviews 1/30/11

[Post New]by sandebeach on Jan 30, 11 10:55 AM
I purchased this game last July when it was on sale for $2.99. I was new to casual games and I enjoyed this one, because it was fairly easy for me to figure out what to do. The game is okay for something to do one afternoon while awaiting for another game to come along. Now that I have played games such as MCF Dire Grove and RTR, and the ERS games such as the Puppetshow games and the Edgar Allan Poe games, this game is definitely not in that caliber. But it is fun for a casual game, the graphics were easy to see, and the story was fairly interesting. It is just not a game that I have gone back and replayed frequently.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 30, 11 2:14 PM
I enjoyed this game. I love the Frogs,Hogs,Ihogs. It had a good story and played very well, I thought.

I'd rate this "PIGLET"

PIGLET:
Good game. Your basic run of the mill Hog. Only for true hog lover's.

' '
(o)

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Jan 30, 11 7:59 PM
This is a nice game for $2.99. FROGs aren't my favourite, but I found this one quite easy. If you click on the silhouette of each item to be found, it shows you detailed pictures of each piece to be found, so locating them was not such a challenge. There is some basic interaction with objects, such as using keys, brooms, hammers etc. As sandebeach wrote, it's not in the same class as Dire Grove or RTR, but fun enough, nonetheless. Hints recharge fairly quickly, but there is a five minute penalty added to your cumulative time played if you use a hint. Also five minutes are added if you skip a mini game. Mini games were quite simple and enjoyable, and you get 2 minutes deducted from your cumulative time for every mini game finished. I enjoyed the story, and voices were pleasant enough. Music and background noises were unobtrusive, as was the dialogue, which I clicked through quickly. The journal gives you detailed tasks to be completed in case you get stuck. I had a fun 3hrs of play, and it was well worth the $2.99 for me. Have fun!

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Feb 2, 11 2:42 AM
My Trial had expired, probably more than a year ago. Anyway I purchased this game to fill up my January Punchcard. I like this game and I am glad i bought it. I like the FROG aspect of this game. I have already very many straight HOGS. I also love it that the Diary is very good, at least I know what to do. I absolutely HATE games where you don't know what to do or where to go. I know i could use a walkthrough but i don't want to do that. I am good in "pipe" puzzles and some sliders etc., and I consider myself reasonably intelligent, but i can not figure some of those Adventure HOGS out. If it was all logic, such as finding pieces of wood, a hammer and nails to fix the boards of a ship or fixing a ladder i would love that, but it is not like that in many games. I know that many thrive on the challenge of those games, but I get utterly frustrated.

Autumn's Treasures: The Jade Coin gets and 1/2 from me.

[Post New]by tinyseahorse on Feb 20, 11 4:05 PM
[b]bought this game for 2.99. glad i didnt pay a dime more. the girl in it is so annoying. i couldnt bare to go on- so i just deleted it,,sorry bf

Go to: