5dogKnight
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

I can't believe I spent $15 bucks 4 this piece of JUNK !

[Post New]by 5dogKnight on Jan 30, 11 7:26 AM
Posted a coment earlier as to the effect.... That perhaps I was incorrect in my opion about this game... Well ,with a little more play I should finish it. But I am certain , I will not. Too much scence swapping (back and forth) . Often up to 8 scences back! Onlly to find another boring hidden object scence... Once acomplished.... Click through more scenes to apply the darn thing. Then run through more scense agian. My God ! What a pain ! Certainly> the developers run trials before they release this Junk ! The intro played well... But...Don't you for one moment believe it is representative of the purchase package..... Snookered once agian by BIg Fish ! Maybe, That's an appropriate name! Becuase.... Leave a Big Fish exposed... Then it's not too long before it starts to smell !!!!

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

Re:I can't believe I spent $15 bucks 4 this piece of JUNK !

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jan 30, 11 7:37 AM
Hi, Knight. Is it so bad? I was planning to buy it when it comes out as SE. Other fishies seem to like it very much. I never demo, but this time maybe I'll make an exception and see for myself. Sorry about your disappointment.

Edited on 01/30/2011 at 7:38:38 AM PST

teeka57
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by teeka57 on Jan 30, 11 2:40 PM
Euskalduna wrote:Hi, Knight. Is it so bad? I was planning to buy it when it comes out as SE. Other fishies seem to like it very much. I never demo, but this time maybe I'll make an exception and see for myself. Sorry about your disappointment.

What is the reason you would never Demo? now this I do not understand?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jan 30, 11 11:48 PM
5dogKnight wrote:Posted a coment earlier as to the effect.... That perhaps I was incorrect in my opion about this game... Well ,with a little more play I should finish it. But I am certain , I will not. Too much scence swapping (back and forth) . Often up to 8 scences back! Onlly to find another boring hidden object scence... Once acomplished.... Click through more scenes to apply the darn thing. Then run through more scense agian. My God ! What a pain ! Certainly> the developers run trials before they release this Junk ! The intro played well... But...Don't you for one moment believe it is representative of the purchase package..... Snookered once agian by BIg Fish ! Maybe, That's an appropriate name! Becuase.... Leave a Big Fish exposed... Then it's not too long before it starts to smell !!!!
Maybe you can better play a Match 3 game.

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Jan 30, 11 11:57 PM
If you email to CS they will give you your money back or exchange it for a different game.

Little green envelope right under " Biggest Fish in the Forums".

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 31, 11 12:00 AM
Hi there,
This is the standard setup for ERS games (and has been copied by other developers) that a lot of us really like. We sometimes even have an extra pair of sneakers on hand to assist with the running around. And a number of us always trial/play these games on the harder mode to avoid the hand-holding.
It seems that you have either outgrown or not "grown into" this genre...might I suggest you try something else in the future that might entertain you more satisfactorily. Though it seems you would not like the LFG or Adventure Style games as they have more running around.
Hope you have more enjoyment with your next purchase.
Cheers

[Post New]by lissamor55 on Jan 31, 11 4:31 AM
5dogKnight wrote:Posted a coment earlier as to the effect.... That perhaps I was incorrect in my opion about this game... Well ,with a little more play I should finish it. But I am certain , I will not. Too much scence swapping (back and forth) . Often up to 8 scences back! Onlly to find another boring hidden object scence... Once acomplished.... Click through more scenes to apply the darn thing. Then run through more scense agian. My God ! What a pain ! Certainly> the developers run trials before they release this Junk ! The intro played well... But...Don't you for one moment believe it is representative of the purchase package..... Snookered once agian by BIg Fish ! Maybe, That's an appropriate name! Becuase.... Leave a Big Fish exposed... Then it's not too long before it starts to smell !!!!

You've got to be kidding??? This was a fantastic game, loved every minute of it! Well, better luck next time with another game Tried 13th skull? very good game too.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jan 31, 11 5:16 AM

Didn't you try the demo before you bought the game? If so, didn't you notice that that was how the game is? Was there that much of a change in the game once you bought? If you didn't demo it first, you have no one but yourself to blame and the brunt of it shouldn't be put on BFG. It should be on you. Some games do change later on, but not a whole lot of them do.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jan 31, 11 5:25 AM
teeka57 wrote:
Euskalduna wrote:Hi, Knight. Is it so bad? I was planning to buy it when it comes out as SE. Other fishies seem to like it very much. I never demo, but this time maybe I'll make an exception and see for myself. Sorry about your disappointment.

What is the reason you would never Demo? now this I do not understand?

I'm wondering the same thing. Why wouldn't you demo it first? Especially when it's a CE and costs more. There have only been 2 games I didn't demo and they were the Nancy Drew Dossier games. That was when you couldn't demo LFGs I read several reviews before I bought the first one and when the second one came out, I still read the reviews but not as many.

Now that the LFGs have demos too, I don't buy any games without demoing them first.

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Jan 31, 11 5:42 AM
I don't think it's a bad game. It's just getting to be same old, same old. ERS makes quality games and I hate to say it but, maybe they are just making so many in such a short amount of time that it's becoming overkill.

onelifesdream
Flounder
Flounder
2,271 Posts

[Post New]by onelifesdream on Jan 31, 11 5:52 AM

Now that the LFGs have demos too, I don't buy any games without demoing them first.

Careful, not ALL LFG's have demos. Most CE's do, yes. But that doesn't include ALL large file games. You got me psyched for a minute....gone for a day and thought I missed something good......and went to the LFG game list and most still do NOT have a demo. I didn't find any of the ones I was wanting to demo there with a trial. The hidden object CE's that they consider a large file had a demo, yes. I didn't look at every single file. I did see that the Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny DID have a demo. All the other ones I clicked on didn't. I still have to go to another site which actually has them being downloaded to the bfg game manager. So, BFG CAN do it, they just choose not to do it HERE. Maybe it's the NEW LFG's that have the demo now??? Would be nice not to have to go to the other site to demo what is already being put in the game manager when I dl.

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Jan 31, 11 6:30 AM
I agree that this game is a re-worked, boring game, but nothing beats the abrupt ending! Don't buy this--it isn't worth it.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Jan 31, 11 7:32 AM
onelifesdream wrote:

Careful, not ALL LFG's have demos. Most CE's do, yes. But that doesn't include ALL large file games. You got me psyched for a minute....gone for a day and thought I missed something good......and went to the LFG game list and most still do NOT have a demo. I didn't find any of the ones I was wanting to demo there with a trial. The hidden object CE's that they consider a large file had a demo, yes. I didn't look at every single file. I did see that the Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny DID have a demo. All the other ones I clicked on didn't. I still have to go to another site which actually has them being downloaded to the bfg game manager. So, BFG CAN do it, they just choose not to do it HERE. Maybe it's the NEW LFG's that have the demo now??? Would be nice not to have to go to the other site to demo what is already being put in the game manager when I dl.

Thanks for the info. I agree it would be nice to have a demo on more LFGs. When I see a LFG I might want, I do look around to see if any other sites have a demo.

I am enjoying the game. Especially since I can play at my own pace. I tend to take several hours to play a game because I don't like using Hints or Walkthroughs. I like trying to figure things out on my own. I hate leaving a game to check the walkthrough and then try to remember what the walkthrough said to do. Due to some meds I take, I have Short Term Memory Loss. I forget things real easily. I sometimes get back into the game and forget what I was supposed to do. The CEs are worth it to me for that reason. Plus the extras you get are nice.

What does ERS mean?

onelifesdream
Flounder
Flounder
2,271 Posts

[Post New]by onelifesdream on Jan 31, 11 9:04 AM
Hi woofie53,

ERS Game Studios is the company that makes the Shadow Wolf Mysteries game as well as Haunted Halls:GreenHills Sanitarium, Dark Tales: Edgar Allen Poes BlackCat, Haunted Legends: Queen of Spades, Redemption Cemetary: Curse of the Raven, the Puppetville games and so on.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jan 31, 11 10:15 AM

Ohhh,I'm really sorry to hear this,as I also get annoyed with excessive 'backtracking'. I was really looking forward to this game since I enjoyed doing the Beta Test. I still plan to demo the Standard Edition when it's offered.

Here are some titles that you might find are not quite as annoying for backtracking,as many others~
Adventures of Robinson Crusoe

Alexandra Fortune: Mystery of the Lunar Archipelago

Autumn's Treasures: The Jade Coin

Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets

Love Story: Letters from the Past

Magic Encyclopedia: Moon Light

Midnight Mysteries: The Salem Witch Trials

Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff

Mystery Trackers: The Void

Neptune's Secret

Romance Of Rome

Sarah Maribu and the Lost World

The Heritage

The Tudors

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 1:26:28 PM PST

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Jan 31, 11 11:25 AM
Someone mention exchanging it for another game I do not think thisis possible as I tryed exchanging the CE the 13th skull for another game and they would not do it

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Jan 31, 11 9:56 PM
hey fishes i loved this game sounds like you need to try the demo on a game first if you dont ies your own goof. as far as refund goes on a c e bf will put your mony backon what ever card you use.i know just talked to bf today about a ce that i was not happy with and this is what they did for me this is why i say bf is the best you can gedt hope you have better luck with your next game off to play some more have fun fishes ps use green envlope or live chat it works!!!!

[Post New]by melissa_griff on Feb 1, 11 11:30 AM
i agree it took me 4 hours to complete this game and the bouns level waste of money the demo was good i thought it would have been a game that would take me a couple of days to do not 4 hours

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Feb 1, 11 12:10 PM
Hey 5dogKnight--I only hope that you pay a return visit to this thread that YOU created so you can read some of the thoughtful responses to your comments about Shadow Wolf. You didn't clearly say whether or not you played a goodly portion of the game, or just a bit of the demo. I'd think that b4 you label a game "JUNK" and cast dispersions on BFG, you'd offer some insightful reasons WHY you feel that way! Have you ever had this experience with any other CE b4?

Hope you have better luck with other sites if this is the way you feel.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Feb 1, 11 2:00 PM
Miniatures1 wrote:Someone mention exchanging it for another game I do not think thisis possible as I tryed exchanging the CE the 13th skull for another game and they would not do it

Hi Miniatures1,

I don't know what your circumstances were in regard to the CE game you tried to exchange but I have always had the highest praise for BFG and their customer support. My experience has been that they make every effort to satisfy their customers. I purchased the CE of Hound Of Baskervilles, and I really liked the game-until I came to a scene where the player is asked to interact with a pentagram. I am very uncomfortable with occult references so I contacted Customer Service asking if I could exchange the game for one I was comfortable with. They were very gracious in allowing me to do so and they were respectful of my convictions.

Go to: