bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 30, 11 8:47 AM
If you are having problems getting Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread, it also helps to mention whether you're playing the PC or Mac version of the game.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (ie. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

netking
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by netking on Jan 30, 11 10:51 AM
Cannot find second steak at the beach. The hint shows it is on the utensils in the picinic basket by the grill, but when I click there nothing happens.

chrishenri
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by chrishenri on Jan 30, 11 12:36 PM
There wasn't a second steak, I think it is the matches you need to light the grill.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 30, 11 12:47 PM
I do have a tech issue but, as I see no one else has it, it might be something I can fix with a reload. My game keeps minimizing to the toolbar every time some action is needed. For example, I have the 12 bells but when I try to put them where they go the game minimizes. It also did it when I made tea and a couple other times. The Bell puzzle is the worst though. The game will no longer maximize so I had to use Task Manager to shut it down. Not a bad game though. It is a little different and I love the location! I will DL again later for another try.

[Post New]by lmpeters on Jan 30, 11 2:31 PM
Ok, did anyone get this error message.

I have a lot of Big Fish games. But for this one, once I downloaded the trial version, it is telling me that I need Flash Player 8 or newer. But I have Flash Player 10? It will not even run. I have Windows 7 home and I used Firefox to download. I have the Game Manager and I have tried and have been able to play the trial version of Shadow Wolf Mysteries. What is going on here?

[Post New]by grendeljenn on Jan 31, 11 11:57 AM
Can not get the game to activate. I keep getting

Error: Access violation at 0x020E1E1C (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

I have purchased the game, turned off my firewall, done everything in the help section.
Have windows 7 home, on more than able laptop.

I've reloaded and redownloaded game manager and game on chrome, and ie. same.
HELP!

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Jan 31, 11 3:47 PM
Twice the game has sent me to locations where I was before: the beach scene with grilled steaks and the cave.

Then it asked me to find a list of items--the items I'd found the last time I was there. So they weren't there.

So I clicked on hint, then on close. For some reason, the combination, both times, got me out of that scene *with* whatever object I was supposed to find and take along.

Really weird. They need to fix this.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jan 31, 11 10:48 PM
had the same problems as pepper. got back into solved h.o.g. scenes, same places, and when i closed the scene i received the item needed.
now am stuck with the oars not going into the rowboat. keeps telling me i need to search the cave, which i have done, and cannot get back into. i tried the hint button which said there was nothing to do there, but the map and the forum says i do. others have restarted the entire game, which i really don't want to do.
Some Ting Wen Wong!
please advise....
thanks!

using a pc...

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 10:50:21 PM PST

indian49
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by indian49 on Jan 31, 11 11:18 PM
The steak scene has only 1 steak but 2 actions you have to take before you can clear it off your list. Put it on the grill and find matches to light the grill. As for some of the technical issues some of you are having, i did too for awhile with other games that I have played many times and suddenly none would either load or i'd get an error message. it turned out to be my spyware and antivirus program that updated to a new version. Everything game wise stopped working and once i uninstalled the prgram i was using all worked fine and of course i tried uninstalling games and game manager first and re installing and nothing did any good. De activating the program didn't work either. i also find Firefox does not always support these games. I have no problem with IE. Sometimes you have to do other things first before it will let you do what the screen says is next. There are 2 places you need to find oars, one is to get to the cave, the other is to get to the yaght.
I am stuck too and can't find the 3 rd ring to open the tower door. You just have to keep jumping from place to place to see if there is anything to find before you complete the task at hand. I got a couple suprise Hidden object scenes in places i had already been and found tools i needed like with the ladder. One board is to the right of the tower. Another I think is near the gardener. Then one of the places has a hidden object scene where you get the nails and hammer. Sorry i can't remember where. Wish they had a walkthrough!!!!

DianeSS42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by DianeSS42 on Feb 1, 11 12:32 AM
I put this message on the main forum - having problems with, I think, one of the last HOG's - I was trying to find the last gold Euro to put on the scale and the 'hint' button kept sending me to a spot right above the base of the scale - and nothing is there... tried all the 'hints' - PC is all up-to-date - then when I closed the game and started it again I found that the entire scale is missing - and I have gone back in several times... deleted and tried to re-install - to no avail! Maybe missing graphics are part of the game! ;-)
Diane

[Post New]by Jessiebelle on Feb 1, 11 3:24 AM
I think there are some tech difficulties in this game. The hint tells where the object should be. Its' either not there or wont pick up the ****.I dont want to restart but if we cant collect the ****, there's no progress. Any suggestions pse?

NikkiNox
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiNox on Feb 1, 11 12:12 PM
My game just stops working. I get a message saying the game has stopped working click here to close. Anyone getting that?

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Feb 1, 11 12:38 PM
The game cursor hesitates and skips, just a little bit. When I went into Options and unclicked it I got an invisible cursor! The cursor still functions, I just can't see it. While that makes for a very challenging game, I don't imagine it's supposed to happen that way.

I am playing on a Mac running 10.6.6.

[Post New]by OMAFAURL on Feb 1, 11 11:07 PM
Has anyone gotten to the snake?? I can put a stick under the box but for the life of me I cannot find out how they want me to pull the stick out. I have only two yellow circles (radio room and steps to wherever) and the hint just says to pull out stick. I don't know where I can get any rope. I tried the vines around the area but they don't work. I am almost done but this is holding me up.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 2, 11 12:59 PM
OMAFAURL wrote:Has anyone gotten to the snake?? I can put a stick under the box but for the life of me I cannot find out how they want me to pull the stick out. I have only two yellow circles (radio room and steps to wherever) and the hint just says to pull out stick. I don't know where I can get any rope. I tried the vines around the area but they don't work. I am almost done but this is holding me up.

You will get some string in an H0 scene, but I can't remember exactly where - -maybe at the wooden gate by the statues??? lower right??? Sometimes I had H0 scenes pop up when I was passing through a place, but they didn't show as yellow circles on the map. Guessing it has something to do with the order you do things in??? There are also a couple of H0 scenes by Brandon's room that are important also. I think one of them gets you something else needed for the snake. Wow, I need to play this again to remember where everything is located.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 2, 11 1:03 PM
RyeMcLaughlin wrote:The game cursor hesitates and skips, just a little bit. When I went into Options and unclicked it I got an invisible cursor! The cursor still functions, I just can't see it. While that makes for a very challenging game, I don't imagine it's supposed to happen that way.

I am playing on a Mac running 10.6.6.

Never thought of trying the "invisible" cursor -- that could make any game a real challenge. Hope you get this worked out -- it's a great game. Just had to comment because your post created such a "hey-what?" picture in my mind.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 2, 11 9:46 PM
OMAFAURL wrote:Has anyone gotten to the snake?? I can put a stick under the box but for the life of me I cannot find out how they want me to pull the stick out. I have only two yellow circles (radio room and steps to wherever) and the hint just says to pull out stick. I don't know where I can get any rope. I tried the vines around the area but they don't work. I am almost done but this is holding me up.
The string is in a HOG at the Ruins, the location where the beehive is.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Feb 3, 11 2:22 AM
lvfao wrote:had the same problems as pepper. got back into solved h.o.g. scenes, same places, and when i closed the scene i received the item needed.
now am stuck with the oars not going into the rowboat. keeps telling me i need to search the cave, which i have done, and cannot get back into. i tried the hint button which said there was nothing to do there, but the map and the forum says i do. others have restarted the entire game, which i really don't want to do.
Some Ting Wen Wong!
please advise....
thanks!

using a pc...

Yep, I can't use the oars either. They keep bouncing back out. And there's nothing left to search in or around the cave.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 3, 11 5:21 AM
Pepper010 wrote:
Yep, I can't use the oars either. They keep bouncing back out. And there's nothing left to search in or around the cave.
Have you tried starting the game over under a new player name? Sometimes that helps sort of "reset" a game.

ldeachus
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ldeachus on Feb 3, 11 10:20 AM
This game froze at the puzzle to match geese, kites, cyclones and lightning. I tried 3 times. After purchasing over 60 games that work absolutely fine - I am not about to do any troubleshooting which usually takes hours to do and can mess up my computer for other apps. My solution was to delete the program and forget about it.

Go to: