bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

The Mac version of Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus is here!

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 30, 11 8:51 AM
If you would like to check it out, please go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus players.

If you need technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting tech support through our help pages, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat.

To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:The Mac version of Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus is here!

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Feb 1, 11 12:58 PM
This game has many great things going for it. I like the premise, a murder mystery with hints of Greek mythology. There are green tiles to collect if you want, for every 12 you get you get another page about the Greek Gods. The HOG scenes are well done, you collect pieces of a map as well as objects to use in the game. Some of the objects must be combine and some of the descriptions are riddles. There is a game map that lets you travel quickly from one place to another (you do have to wait for it to recharge for some reason).

However, the game mechanics need a little polishing. The text that appears stays far too long, and you can't click on it to get rid of it. You move from one area to the next by clicking on arrows that appear, but the arrows seem to be only in very small areas of the screen. The cursor seems to hesitate and skip a bit. When I uncheck the custom cursor my cursor becomes invisible. It still works, I just can't see it.

There are jigsaw puzzle to solve, and instead of right clicking, or control clicking there is a circle that pops up. Unfortunately this circle hides part of the puzzle piece.

The people are all idiots, not to mention annoying. None of them seem to like each other very much, but I guess that's part of the story.

I will definitely get this game someday, but it's not top of my list.

elderton
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by elderton on Feb 5, 11 6:31 AM
This granny has purchased the game but am disappointed in the fact there is little help in the forum - I need to get light to go intoa cave. Where are the matched? 87 Years.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 5, 11 6:37 AM
elderton wrote:This granny has purchased the game but am disappointed in the fact there is little help in the forum - I need to get light to go intoa cave. Where are the matched? 87 Years.

Hi elderton! I, and several others, answer questions here in the forum every day. I'm sorry if you had a question that wasn't answered. You can always try checking other posts and threads, you often can find your answer there, in fact, I know you can find the answer to this question here because I've answered it several times!

SPOILER:

The matches are found in a hidden object scene on the beach with the lounge chairs - on the chair on the right.

Good luck!

Go to: