bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any A Girl in the City technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 31, 11 12:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

lorilolo33
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Post any A Girl in the City technical issues here only

[Post New]by lorilolo33 on Jan 31, 11 12:45 AM
am i the only one who couldn't even get the game to work? it's okay. after reading others reviews, i'm glad i couldn't!!! Thanx guys!!!!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 31, 11 2:25 AM
Unfortunately it ran fine on my old pc XP SP3. Intel graphics. Well, for the whole 15 minutes I gave it. Didn't try it on my W7, have another game runnning there. So, saved you some hard decision making eh?

htyuj
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by htyuj on Jan 31, 11 6:50 AM
I would love to play the game it was just in another languge. I hope ya'll get the problem solved so i can play it.

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 6:52:27 AM PST

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Jan 31, 11 7:36 AM
Since I don't read Chinese or Japanese ( whichever the case may be), couldn't play the game. What a riot ... never had THIS happen before, and couldn't imagine where in the world to go to fix the language problem. Guess I'll just say Sayonara!

[Post New]by emidro on Jan 31, 11 9:48 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

[Post New]by emidro on Jan 31, 11 9:53 AM
OOps! Wrong message on my last post..sorry!
I wanted to say that I have the same problem...wrong language?? or bad script?? Very strange..I'm getting so many problems with games on BigFish lately I'm getting really tired of this...Very very frustrating..What's going o n?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 31, 11 12:47 PM
I think it might have been Russian but who the hey knows. Couldn't even get out. What a joke and waste of my time. I have been doing a lot more buying from other sites. I don't have time to waste with messed up games!

I don't care if cust service it great. No one gives me credits for my wasted time spent in bad games, cleaning and defraging my machine or the bad state of mind all the mess usually puts me in.

Edited on 02/02/2011 at 4:33:06 AM PST

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Jan 31, 11 1:41 PM
Yet another game with no cursor control... getting very tired of this... game makers take note. If you want people to buy your games then we have to be able to play them. Give us the option of system or game cursor.. at least then we have a chance.

Divaaa
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by Divaaa on Jan 31, 11 3:58 PM
First I couldn't understand the lingo ,,, but the only way I could get out of it was to ctrl/delete then reboot

Moesha88
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Moesha88 on Jan 31, 11 4:35 PM
Um, is this game in Arabic or are parts of individual letters just missing? Wow...just wow...

[Post New]by tinladie on Jan 31, 11 7:35 PM
Cannot get the game to work. See that others are having problems. I have downloaded it twice. I click and click and click and can't get it to start

[Post New]by mausienanna on Jan 31, 11 11:10 PM
how ridiculous!! check your games bfg!!!!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Feb 1, 11 2:47 AM
was going to try to enjoy a game or two....so selected 'girl'...are we serious here!...or is the a topic to waste time on...looked like a chicken with pink paint on it feet was the language...or something!...then would not let me get out...so had to shut down...bummer....come on ...lately games are 'hit and run'...or a good quality black screen is quite flustrating...am i waiting for a fix?...let me try out the others i want to demo...i have only purchased '1' game in january...looks like february started off...well....no words...been said before...sorry! its

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Feb 1, 11 7:53 AM
What language is this dumb thing in? I can't see playing a game where I have to have a translation book sitting by me. To make it worse, it moved so slow and the cursor kept freezing. Looks like they were in a hurry to release it and make money before they quality checked it.

[Post New]by kmmjreil on Feb 1, 11 11:38 AM
I got the game in English but during the first hidden object scene (in the pizza restaurant) the list at the bottom stopped showing objects to find. Clicked on hint, nothing, closed out and game back in and still nothing. This one needs to go back to the drawing board.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 1, 11 12:06 PM
Hello everyone,

For those of you seeing another language when playing the game, could you please write in to Tech Support with a screenshot of what you're seeing? This will really help us in figuring out what might be happening in your game.

To do this, you can click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit this form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you can then click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

micidawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by micidawn on Feb 1, 11 1:25 PM
Well, I couldn't read a word either. But just for fun, I played the whole hour just blindly clicking on the hidden object screens until I came up with one item that had multiple items, and I managed to do all the other puzzles. The directions were in "chicken scratch", but the words in the puzzles were in English. I got pretty far and tried to look at it as a challenge.

[Post New]by chula310 on Feb 1, 11 4:59 PM
No curser at all, looked like a spot light. Had to use crt / alt / del to get out. This is the second game with no curser. Mine was in english.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 2, 11 4:46 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hello everyone,

For those of you seeing another language when playing the game, could you please write in to Tech Support with a <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=188">screenshot</a> of what you're seeing? This will really help us in figuring out what might be happening in your game.

To do this, you can click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit this form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you can then click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to <a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=192">Live Chat</a> for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Do you pay by the hour for our wasted time to do the work that should have been done by BF before the game is put out for public use?
No thanks Styx. No disrespect intended but it's a big no here. I have run out of time to test your games and contact tech, only to be told that they will look into it. I'm still waiting to see some results on other games I took my time to let tech know about the problems. Some even had fixes available from the devs but we never got them. No Sir/Ms, you no longer get my time/ my work for free.

Edited on 02/02/2011 at 4:50:35 AM PST

Go to: