bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Cake Mania 3 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 31, 11 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Cake Mania 3 technical issues here only

[Post New]by midnightzgale on May 8, 11 10:17 AM
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone is getting this problem, but whenever I run Cake Mania 3, the scenes that played did not have any voiceovers of the characters. I checked the settings, and the voice and audio are turned on, so I'm not sure just what is wrong. It isn't that the game isn't able to be played, it's just the voiceover of the characters in the game that aren't playing.

[Post New]by Snappdragon on Aug 22, 12 12:41 PM
My computer is running Windows 7. I bought and downloaded the full version of this game, but it refuses to start. Clicking play in the games manager only opens a black screen with a perpetual loading cursor. I have tried all of the suggested troubleshooting tips in the "blank screen, crashes" page. I have tried re-downloaded and re-installed the game 5 separate times. I have tried running the game in every compatibility mode there is. I have been trying for 4 hours to get this game to work. My computer meets and exceeds all of the indicated system requirements. I paid good money for this product, but it appears to be wasted.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 22, 12 12:59 PM
Hi Snappdragon,

I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble with this game!

Since the troubleshooting suggestions in our help articles didn't get things resolved for you, I think it's definitely best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can work with you directly on the problem.

You can contact them by clicking here submit a support ticket via email. Or, if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by babyjessie001 on Aug 23, 12 11:09 AM
I have been having the same exact problem as Snappdragon but it only started late last week. I was more than half way through the game when it just stopped working. I too have un installed and reinstalled several times only to get a black screen. Glad to know it's not just me but I hope that there is a solution.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 23, 12 11:18 AM
Hi babyjessie001,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Since it sounds like you've done some troubleshooting already, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to look further in to that issue and hopefully find a solution for you. Providing them with a Dr. Felix Report is also hugely helpful.

I hope we can get you back to gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by spotify95 on Jan 6, 13 10:11 AM
I have virtually the same problem here, on a Windows 7 laptop. Everytime I try and open the game, it goes to a black screen (with the loading cursor showing). The only way I can get out of the black screen is by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete, and closing Cake Mania 3 from there. (it comes up with not responding.) Whilst it tries to close, it says "LoadHelper.wcg2 is not responding" or something like that. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times today (at least 5!) and have tried Compatibility Mode for Windows XP and Windows Vista. I have been able to play it before; this problem has only been occurring recently. The laptop meets (and exceeds) the system requirements for the game as well.

Thank you if you can help me fix this.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 6, 13 11:04 AM
Hi spotify95,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into trouble with this game too!

I'm not sure if you tried this already, but another thing that could help is checking for updates to your video card, graphics drivers, and the two programs (Adobe Flash and Shockwave) that handle the display aspects of the game. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and the game is still not displaying correctly, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to see how the game is working with your particular computer and will work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting from there.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jan 7, 13 11:41 AM
Hey, I'm a Big Fish Games member and always rather purchase all my games through my Big Fish account but I bought this game years ago when I was still using **** (not recommended!) but my version downloaded from theirs gave me the same problem so I downloaded it from here - same problem, tried **** - same problem. The Sandalot games website does not work anymore so I'm really not sure who can help with this. It has nothing to do with graphic cards or anything like that. The funniest thing was I found it through Zylom (which I never purchase games from 'cause they're really expensive) and I downloaded the 60min. free trial and oddly enough - this version does work!

This is really weird - can't upload the game through 3 major game sights and all of a sudden it does work through a forth. I was willing to get it again through my BFG account but don't really want to buy it again from someone else.
Have any idea how to handle this weird situation???

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Mar 12, 13 5:54 PM
I am playing this on a Mac

When I finish the first 4 levels- I can't find a BONUS menu

What do I do ??

ThanxMuch

Cookie

[Post New]by Elshya on Jun 1, 13 6:47 AM
I'm running Win XP SP3 and I have purchased this game through several other online game providers including this one and it simply will not run.

I am updated on ALL drivers and programs needed to run the game (flash, shockwave, java) and nothing helps. All I get is black screen with a spinning hourglass and I have to ctrl alt delete out of it to shut it down

Help?

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Jun 3, 13 11:49 AM
Hi, I have the exactly same problem. I played this game before, also from BFG, on the same computer I'm using now, and it worked fine before. Now - nothing. Black screen with the loading cursor. Computer system is Windows Vista, all other games work as usual.

As so many people have the same problem, would it be possible to check whether something is wrong with the game/game file?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 3, 13 11:56 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you're experiencing problems getting the game to run, there could be a couple things causing that. If you've installed the game from another site, sometimes that can cause a mix up in data, as the game tries to read from the different files. In that case, I recommend uninstalling all versions of the game on your computer, then installing it once more. You can find information on uninstalling and reinstalling the game here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can take a closer look at that for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by kayesarah on Aug 19, 13 2:07 PM
Had exactly the same problem, first it ran, next day it didn't. Have tried reloading, disc cleaning, registry cleaning, etc. I'm sure my computer is happier ... but the game still won't run. Computer just can't find it.

[Post New]by Chuggernaught on Sep 11, 13 5:57 PM
People! I recently purchased a CD rom version of Cake Mania 3 by Sandlot games while out shopping. It didn't work at first, I was really bummed out. I had it running as an Administrator, with compatibility set to Windows XP Service Pack 3. It didn't work, but while browsing on another site to find info on any issues, someone said they just let the black screen sit there & it eventually loaded!
I gave it a shot, not really expecting it to work. To my surprise, after waiting 2-4 minutes, IT WORKED! Try patience with the running. Windows XP Service Pack 3 seems to work. Wait at least 5-10 minutes if it doesn't work, just in case its slow.
I really hope this works for more people, especially since these games are awesome. Goodluck everyone!

localecho
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by localecho on Sep 12, 13 6:53 PM
Thanks, Chuggernaught! Great tip! Waiting about 3 minutes did make the game finally start. Patience is a virtue I seem to lack, because I would not likely have waited that span of time, if not for your post.

Unfortunately, I still have to wait the 3 minutes for each subsequent opening of the game. Still lacking patience, I suppose, but that waiting is a pain in the rear. Here's hoping the Tech Support will have some insight as far as the nature of this issue and its possible resolution.

localecho
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by localecho on Sep 13, 13 8:28 AM
Update: Now the game won't start at all. No black screen, nothing. It's listed as running in my Task Manager, but no other sign of it.

wildgym
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by wildgym on Oct 25, 13 12:16 PM
Having the same problem as all the others - will try waiting longer of course, just wanted to let BigFish know it's a recurring [and recurring and recurring] problem.

ETA: waiting works.

Still hoping for a solution, though.

Edited on 10/25/2013 at 12:19:48 PM PST

[Post New]by dawnmorley on Mar 11, 14 1:07 PM
This game doesn't show that it is compatable to either Windows 7 or Windows 8

In my opinion Big Fish Games should update all games to at least Windows 7 .
I purchased Windows 7 last year and now cannot play this game.
This game says it will work with XP or Vista,and that is it.

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Jun 11, 14 7:36 AM
This game used to work on my laptop but will not now. I deleted it until today when I saw it on the special offers. I redownloaded it, but am having the same issue of it just showing a black screen and the spinning circle. BF, is there anything you can do to put a patch in this game so it can run on Windows 7 & 8? This was one of my favorites in the series as I loved to bonk the cavemen in the head to change their cake orders. In just thinking ahead, as Windows gets updated, are the games that now work going to fall off the playing grid? This is really something that should be considered if it hasn't been. Thanks, BF, for any help you can give us in getting this situation taken care of now and for the future.

Go to: