bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Island Tribe technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 31, 11 4:15 PM
If you are having problems getting Island Tribe to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (ie. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Post any Island Tribe technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mamalita on Feb 3, 11 7:23 PM
On level 20, the goal of finishing the two totems is still not showing up. This goal has to be completed before the sled is completed. If not, exit the game and come back in. On my game, level 20 then showed as not having been played. I got the two totems completed and then the sled and was able to finish the level.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Feb 5, 11 8:55 PM
The screen goes blurry and starts wiggling like a TV screen with a bad connection. If this keeps up, I'll have to return it.

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Feb 6, 11 12:45 AM
After applying the 1/31 update, on Level 10, when upgrading the camp to the third level, the avi won't stop building and if you'd selected tasks to do that ended up being set to that avi, then it never gets done, i.e., can't pick up milk so milk stops being produced. I've tried closing and restarting with no luck. It always ends up with the third level of the camp messing up.

[Post New]by langarat on Feb 6, 11 6:36 AM
Hi,

After having played the trial I bought this game on 30th of Jan. The game worked well until the "Sled scene". Then it crashed with error message: Access violation 0 x 004C8C88 tried to read from 0 x 00000000. The program terminates). I was able to restart the game, but after choosing the level to play the game froze.
I un- and reinstalled the game and I was surprised to notice that my erlier username was kept, and the levels were indicated as already played levels but without time scores. After a little playing the game terminated again with the same access violation message. So I tried to make a deeper uninstallation with a specific application. Then I reinstalled the game again in February - so I must have the latest version now. After reinstalling I was surprised again that my erlier username and level scores are still kept in the same way as before. So I deleted the username, created a new one and started a whole new game. This time the game crashed at about level 23, again with Access violation error message. And its the same again: though I am able to start the game, I can choose a level on the map, but the game won't load but keep freezing.
Is there any solution for this?

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Feb 6, 11 7:04 PM
I sent an email to techical support with the zip Dr.Felix file. But this is what happens periodically throughout the game and it's so annoying.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1dc27b3127ccefc192d9a226e00000030O08AZtGTRozbMge3nwA/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 7:14:29 PM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Feb 10, 11 6:04 PM
I had so much trouble I had to return it and get a credit for a different game

[Post New]by Mini_Ma on Feb 11, 11 2:22 PM
Hi,
I just downloaded the trial for this game and it won't start. I get an error message: The program needs video hardware supported directx 8.0 or higher.

I'm using a Samsung Mini notebook, Windows 7, directx 10 (or maybe even 11) supported. I also downloaded today the trial for the game farm mania 2 today and this works as it should.

With this Island tribe game it says now I have played already 6 minutes! Well, I don't even know how it looks! let alone played it already. Please help?

TIA,
Love, Mini

Emmy142
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Emmy142 on Feb 13, 11 7:14 AM
The game crashes at the end of level 30. The whole game works fine, but after the high score loads, the game crashes. I get that it can't access a file. Really kind of silly after the end of the game but if a game is going to crash at any time, I will take it.

[Post New]by DragonLover77 on Mar 5, 11 9:08 PM
I love this game, but I'm having a few problems with it. The first is that after awhile, the graphics for the fog suddenly screws up and looks like zig-zag blocks of black and white. It only affects the fog-covered areas. But it's very distracting.

The second issue is that there seems to be a trick to starting the game again from the beginning with the same name. Deleting your profile and creating a new one with the same name doesn't work because it saves your progress in a file that I cannot find. I've also read comments by others saying that even reinstalling the game doesn't fix this.

I managed to start the game over from the beginning once with the same name, but now I can't figure out what I did. I know I had to finish the game before it would let me do that. But I've tried finishing the game and then deleting the profile and adding the same name again with no luck. I've even tried restarting my computer after doing that and it STILL shows my game progress except that the last level appears unfinished.

This is rather annoying as I'd like the option to start fresh without having to come up with a different name every time.

The last issue pertains to the one time I successfully started over with the same name. When I completed the game the second time, it showed an error message and crashed before showing the high scores.

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on May 30, 11 6:32 PM
I'm having trouble telling if I have gold or silver on a level when I go back. I can tell when I finish but sometimes I get frustrated and go on. Later I want to go back and complete the gold but hard to tell what is gold.

[Post New]by lovedogs1011 on Jun 28, 11 12:24 AM
I bought the game today, 6-27-11, and I am having problems with it. The last two levels are snowy, like a tv with bad reception and one of the levels wouldn't let me pick up any water or bags of cotton. I'm not sure what level it was. I also cannot tell if I received a gold or silver level when I finish. This game really sticks and I will ask for my game credit back if this is not fixed completely. The quality of Big Fish games is going downhill.

[Post New]by christikd on Jan 20, 12 4:57 PM
Level 28-Aviary not producing honey. I have tried two times (on normal and hard) and when I get to level 28 the little guy will work and then ask for more water, but never produce honey.

AmeKit
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by AmeKit on Jul 11, 12 1:10 AM
I've come late to this game, but really love it. I like it so much that I bought the other two as well. But I've developed a problem similar to langarat's. Partway through playing the game the first time, I decided I wanted to restart it but found it wouldn't let me use the same profile. Even though I made a dummy name, selected that, deleted my name, made it anew, it still had all the levels I'd already done. So I decided to go on with it. After a lot of trial and error, I finished the game and thoroughly enjoyed it. This time since I'd gone all the way through, it let me renew my profile and play through from the beginning. But the game messed up after I finished the last level. It gave me the same sort of error message as langarat got, then crashed. When I got it back up, it showed I'd done the last level but not gotten gold, though I know I had. And now it keeps doing that. As long as it says I haven't finised the last level in gold, it won't let me renew my profile. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and it comes back with the game I can't finish. I'd rather keep using my name instead of lots of others and not have it crash. Is there any help for this?

Island Tribe -- Level 9

[Post New]by Lyvadu on Sep 1, 14 8:50 AM
Cotton Farm, telling me I need a pickaxe....don't have one (?). Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice....made no difference. Still no pickaxe. Need fix, can't get past level 9 without cotton.

What...to...do...????

[Post New]by fireinheaven on Sep 2, 14 7:25 AM
No pickaxe anywhere in Mac version of game. Impossible to finish level 9 without pickaxe to collect cotton. Purchased game come on

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Sep 3, 14 5:05 PM
fireinheaven wrote:No pickaxe anywhere in Mac version of game. Impossible to finish level 9 without pickaxe to collect cotton. Purchased game come on

EXACTLY! I want my money back.

[Post New]by rangerluke on Sep 3, 14 6:33 PM
How do you post a "ticket"??? Mac users deserve a refund or free game because of pickaxe problem in level 9!!! Why should we pay for a game we can't use? Might be time to cacel BF and look elsewhere for Mac games! This is infuriating--REFUND our MONEY!!!

[Post New]by rangerluke on Sep 3, 14 6:34 PM
Is anyone at BF listening to us??? Do they really give a crap??

[Post New]by plumcuda on Sep 10, 14 4:37 PM
Purchased this game today. I'm using a Mac running Mavericks. I'm stuck on level 9 because I can't find the ax.Why are you still selling this ? you know that level 9 doesn't work.

Go to: