bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Jewel Keepers: Easter Island

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 1, 11 1:41 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Jewel Keepers: Easter Island? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewel Keepers: Easter Island

[Post New]by Badut on Feb 1, 11 2:47 AM
Hi all

Agree totally with goofyduck on the negative side. It really gets boring very soon- just wanna add that it also has some not very nice colours. For me the colours are very important in at M3 game, so no go from here. Sigh...still waiting for a good one

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Feb 1, 11 2:53 AM
Great and detailed review, Goofyduck77! I don't have much to add except there are a few options: volume on sound and music and full screen on or off! I found them on my way out of the game. Wish I had found them on my way in though since I much prefer to adjust the music,etc. in the game and not with the pc sound control as forgetting to RE-ADJUST it can lead to "have I gone deaf or is something wrong with the pc" later on. But, I digress. I enjoyed the time I spent playing the game but have yet to decide if I will buy or not. Leaning toward buying at this point! However, I agree that it is a matter of playing and deciding for oneself.

I had no technical problems with the game, and this puts it ahead of some lately. I did not get the white "this may take a while to download" message either. Happy gaming, fishies!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 1, 11 3:12 AM

I was in the mood for a new match 3 this morning but my game cursor was "mushy" and there is no option to use the system cursor so, no buy.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 1, 11 3:39 AM
I downloaded but was finishing a wonderful game that I had forgotten I had...Nightfall Mysteries the Asylum Conspiracy, which is a really good game. So I thought I would check reviews on this one before shutting down. The fact that there is a timer means I am not even going to try it. I usually enjoy the demo on a game like this and then, after I buy, get frustrated when the timer runs out and I have to keep doing the same level over again, and this just repeats as each level becomes more difficult or time becomes shorter and I just don't care for that at all. I usually only play M3s when I am killing time while waiting for someone or something. Easy to play a few levels and pick up where I left off later. But have learned my lesson where timers are involved. Night all.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 1, 11 4:27 AM
I played half the demo so far, so my comments are based on that. The first thing I had to do was make some monitor adjustments to tone down the hot lava background tiles. That being done, I could play ok.

A timed swap match-3. I had to click-click to swap tiles, but could make additional matches while tiles were still dropping.

I didn't notice drabness - to me the brightness of the hot lava tiles was the main thing I noticed.

The gameplay reminds me of Jewel Quest 2(?), where you can move pieces into empty spaces. Power-ups seem to be a bigger part of this game. I'm tempted to start over with a different player to get the instructions about them again.

No real challenge so far, but I've only played a half hour, so that's not really unexpected.

With only a half hour under my belt, I'm not willing to make any judgement about this game overall, myself, yet.

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 4:28:39 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 1, 11 4:32 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote: I usually enjoy the demo on a game like this and then, after I buy, get frustrated when the timer runs out and I have to keep doing the same level over again, and this just repeats as each level becomes more difficult or time becomes shorter and I just don't care for that at all. I usually only play M3s when I am killing time while waiting for someone or something. Easy to play a few levels and pick up where I left off later. But have learned my lesson where timers are involved. Night all.

When timed match-3's get hard, start a new player profile and start again from the beginning. You're back to moving thru levels again, and often the experience you gain from it lets you play further than the first time through.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 1, 11 5:19 AM
Only an average match 3 game and worth buying for full price in my opinion. But a great game for a daily deal someday. But no buy yet

mollyroselee
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mollyroselee on Feb 1, 11 6:58 AM
was looking forward to a new "jewel" game. very disappointiing. will not buy!!! be luck next time!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 1, 11 7:28 AM
The graphics are fair. The gameplay is M3 and getting really boring fast. The guy that keeps popping in front of the screen should stop. The storyline is a yawn. Disappointing!

This game is a D.

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Feb 1, 11 8:11 AM
Normally I enjoy the fast play of jewel games but this was a mismatch. I found the game rather stiff and jerky and the swopping of tiles was not that smooth. The overall game play was rather boring and I gave up before the end of the trial play. I guess I just did not enjoy this one as much as others.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Feb 1, 11 8:32 AM
Agreed with many fishies commands above.
Too avarage - too monotonous.
No added extra's.

And l agree too: the Large File Warning is funny.

Next, please.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 1, 11 9:01 AM
I don't think so. I clicked too fast when getting directions so had no idea what I needed to do to clead the stone blocks that started to appear early on. The first level I saw them on they were at the four corners. I thought after clearing them I knew what I had to do on the next level, umm...no. What I thought I did to clear them didn't work on the following level. I managed to clear that level, I belive level 2, but again what I thought I did to clear the blocks on level 3 didn't work on level 4. Sooooo I went back and started an new game under a new profile. I must be a bit dense, because I nver saw what it was I needed to do, but I finally figured it out. See Goofyduck's review. Says it all better than I ever could.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Feb 1, 11 9:20 AM
I rarely meet a match-3 I don't like, but this one made the "not for me" list. Even though it does not have a regular timer, your time runs out very quickly if you do not make a productive move (that is, turn a tile to gold). With bombs constantly blowing up the jewels I've added below the blocking stones, I find it very frustrating to have to keep building them up to get the last tile turned. And then of course the time runs out. I simply don't enjoy that. Add the other flaws people have mentioned, and this will sadly be a day when I keep my credit.

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Feb 1, 11 10:04 AM
What's a girl to do when she can't find a good new game on her birthday. Sure isn't this one ...And i also tried Detective Agency and i didn't like it either.. So two no buys for me today..

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Feb 1, 11 11:19 AM
I usually enjoy match-3 games also, but this one I couldn't get into.

I had a really hard time swapping between two squares. For some reason, I had to try several times before they would switch. That got very frustrating very quickly. It's a no-buy for me.

Happy gaming to all who are having fun!

AmyCT
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by AmyCT on Feb 1, 11 11:20 AM
I agree with the above... although I would not even buy it on a special. Too many things blowing up and yet not interesting overall. I love match 3's.. but this one will not be joining my library.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 1, 11 11:22 AM
12george wrote:What's a girl to do when she can't find a good new game on her birthday. Sure isn't this one ...And i also tried Detective Agency and i didn't like it either.. So two no buys for me today..

Happy Birthday!!!

msroslyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by msroslyn on Feb 1, 11 11:23 AM
I agree with goofyduck. Also, I would like to add one thing that bothered me. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but I had problems exiting the game. I backed out to the main menu but could not find the exit option. I don't know, maybe I was just tired and overlooked it. I ended up exiting out through the task manager.

Sorry BFG but this is one game that won't be on my purchase wish list.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 1, 11 1:13 PM
I've played 40 minutes of the demo now and this game is growing on me actually.

I did go back and start again with a new profile to re-read the instructions. (Turns out that color-changing power-up I didn't know how to get rid of just needs to be clicked on to explode lol.)

I happened at some point to notice the music, and it's pleasant - nothing profound, but nothing I need to turn off.

As for the timer, the matches you need to keep it filled up don't have to turn tiles golden - it's much easier than that. I don't know more than that, only it was staying near full even when I was not changing tile backgrounds. Not frantic at all so far, but I haven't gotten very far into the game yet...

What I like is that I do not feel like I'm playing Fishdom 12 or Hidden Wonders of the Depths 8 or whatever other mind-numbing M3 series that are out there. The boards and gameplay at least feel like I'm playing something else, and I really really appreciate that.

Edited on 02/02/2011 at 10:10:17 AM PST

Go to: