bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Detective Agency

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 1, 11 1:44 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Detective Agency? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Detective Agency

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Feb 1, 11 5:06 AM
Someone should have proofed this game before it was released. The English translations are terrible. No buy for me.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Feb 1, 11 6:10 AM
At first I did not like the game at all because it took away a hint for too many clicks and there were only 3 hints to begin with (how stingy!) and I saw no way to refresh the hints. The tutorial went by so fast (and who pays attention to those things anyway, ha ha ha!) that I didn't notice if it said anything about how to refill hints. Also the puzzles were ridiculous and I didn't see a skip button and that button puzzle had me stumped!
Then I read through the forums a little and gave the game a bit of a chance and noticed a few things. For one thing it does have a skip button for the puzzles but you have to click on the "help" in order to trigger it. It's rather unobtrusive sitting there underneath the blurb explaining the puzzle so you hardly notice it, but the nice thing is that you don't have to wait for it to fill, then it shows you the solution! So that maybe the next time you play it you could work it out for yourself.
Then the other thing is that you can get more hints by clicking on these teeny tiny itty bitty little magnifying glasses that look like little monacles because you can hardly see the handles, LOL! Or they could even pass for little coins. But those give you more hints!
Also the way the hint system works is that you click on the magnifying glass to the right on the bottom and it flashes green as you go around the screen then it pulses green very rapidly as you go over the hidden object on the list. If you click on something that is not on the list you do not lose a hint....so you can actually "Psyche out" the hints!!! ha ha ha! You can use the hint system without using up your hints? Get it? Just use the little magnifying glass thing and go around until it flashes madly but don't click on the actual thing...click on something else and then the hint will go back and then you can go and click on the actual hidden object...anyway that's just a little trick I learned and I thought I'd share it here in case you were running low on hints you can actually hoard hints ha ha ha!
So, since I learned those things about the game I think I will get it at the daily deal price...it is now okay for a straight HOG.
Toodles!
~Shanny

rsm_60ca
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by rsm_60ca on Feb 1, 11 7:53 AM
did you not se that if you clicked on the magnifying glass you would get a hint.I got 6 on the first hog page

[Post New]by bettyboopy1 on Feb 1, 11 8:02 AM
why is it the smallest game is the laggiest game i cant get beyond the buttons , whats the point of them i can go anywhere now, no skip no nuttin
another game not to buy , you should get some people on there that really read this stuff and know what people really like

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 1, 11 9:28 AM
The grapihcs are fair. The gameplay is HOG with mingames that are unskippable as I never found a skip button. The storyline is interesting but doesn't save the game.

This game is a C.

MySadie
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by MySadie on Feb 1, 11 9:55 AM
I actually bought this game at some point and didn't remember it! Having a look at it today, I realize that it is quite unplayable because of the lag in the cursor for a start. I'm sad that I have a game like this taking up space on my computer. I'm going to delete it unless there is a fix for the problem. Has anything been done to fix the game?

kiwiyumyum
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kiwiyumyum on Feb 1, 11 4:18 PM
Not my taste. I found this game to be totally boring. Wouldn't buy even as a daily special. For those who like straightforward HOG's I am sure they will enjoy it.

Best wishes to all from New Zealand

Kiwiyumyum

PS: just as a side comment - I have found in a number of games that a particular fruit is listed as 'Kiwi'. The proper name is Kiwifruit.
A Kiwi is a flightless bird native to New Zealand.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Feb 2, 11 5:40 PM
Not a buy for me either, not even with a freebie coming my way. I tripped to the magnifying glass hint recharge and to the skip for the puzzles being in the help tab but still, it just didn't hold my interest. There wasn't enough, well anything, to make the player at all sympathetic to the detective or interesting in any way.

Graphics are fair, style is 'eh' and the music got old in a hurry. About the only thing I can say about it, in a hour's worth of free play, is that it wasn't about a girl looking for her missing grandfather, uncle, father or boy friend.

I'm looking for a good, engrossing game that isn't about ghosts, vampires or curses. This ain't it, sorry.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Feb 2, 11 5:43 PM

PS: just as a side comment - I have found in a number of games that a particular fruit is listed as 'Kiwi'. The proper name is Kiwifruit.
A Kiwi is a flightless bird native to New Zealand.

THANK you! I have noticed that various places and been bothered by that. Guess I'm fairly observant; thanks for clarifying...not that I think designers will pick up on it. But I will make sure I get it right when it comes up in conversation.

Go to: