cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Todays DD Feb !, 2011

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 1, 11 5:36 AM
Just saw there was no thread for todays DD..
Good morning fishes !

Edit: Oops, came back to do a short review and noticed that I had used ! instead of 1. Sorry.
Played half an hour. Don't much like the hint system as I don't like scanning the entire screen to use a hint. There are many tiny magnifying glasses in each screen but didn't need them much as the items were not hard for me to find. I did like the button mini game. I enjoy those type of games but never work them out in demos as It wastes demo time. Seems to be a straight hogs. So far, not good or bad for me. A tad boring but I'll finish the demo before deciding. It might turn out to be one of those "Don't want to think much" time killers for me. Will check back later.

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 8:45:12 AM PST

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Todays DD Feb !, 2011

[Post New]by Dynastia on Feb 1, 11 5:56 AM
Hello!
Yes, another morning for .

This is the kind of game that should not leave the company without a good spanking, knowing it plans to be on the run on the way to knowing who "he" is, wandering here and there and feeding out of the trashcans.

What I am saying is would they do that to themselves? I don't think so. Why put it upon their customers?

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Feb 1, 11 6:14 AM
At first I did not like the game at all because it took away a hint for too many clicks and there were only 3 hints to begin with (how stingy!) and I saw no way to refresh the hints. The tutorial went by so fast (and who pays attention to those things anyway, ha ha ha!) that I didn't notice if it said anything about how to refill hints. Also the puzzles were ridiculous and I didn't see a skip button and that button puzzle had me stumped!
Also, later in the game it doesn't take away hints for clicking to much it does things like "the room will go dark for too many clicks" and the screen will go a little dark for a few seconds and that's it.
Then I read through the forums a little and gave the game a bit of a chance and noticed a few things. For one thing it does have a skip button for the puzzles but you have to click on the "help" in order to trigger it. It's rather unobtrusive sitting there underneath the blurb explaining the puzzle so you hardly notice it, but the nice thing is that you don't have to wait for it to fill, then it shows you the solution! So that maybe the next time you play it you could work it out for yourself.
Then the other thing is that you can get more hints by clicking on these teeny tiny itty bitty little magnifying glasses that look like little monacles because you can hardly see the handles, LOL! Or they could even pass for little coins. But those give you more hints!
Also the way the hint system works is that you click on the magnifying glass to the right on the bottom and it flashes green as you go around the screen then it pulses green very rapidly as you go over the hidden object on the list. If you click on something that is not on the list you do not lose a hint....so you can actually "Psyche out" the hints!!! ha ha ha! You can use the hint system without using up your hints? Get it? Just use the little magnifying glass thing and go around until it flashes madly but don't click on the actual thing...click on something else and then the hint will go back and then you can go and click on the actual hidden object...anyway that's just a little trick I learned and I thought I'd share it here in case you were running low on hints you can actually hoard hints ha ha ha!
So, since I learned those things about the game I think I will get it at the daily deal price...it is now okay for a straight HOG. But it's definitely not IHOG material.
Toodles!
~Shanny

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 6:17:11 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 1, 11 6:27 AM
Hello.

I managed a whole 3 minutes. Why ?

Well because the screen is only about 5x5 inches. I am playing on a decent laptop & the wide screen issues do not bother me, but I have huge black spaces above & below the screen. To be honest my view of the game is a little bit larger than if I was playing it on a Nintendo DS.

Maybe if I changed my screen res it would be different, but I won't try. No other game from BigFish has made me alter my settings.

Even as a DD, a waste of £££

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Feb 1, 11 6:30 AM
That's terrible Jojo! I wouldn't like to play this game if I couldn't see it any bigger than that either! I have a laptop also and could see it full screen with no problems. I wonder why some people have issues with full screen with some of the games.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Feb 1, 11 6:30 AM
gave up playing the demo after short time,no like this game!!!
the hint system is awful, trailing that glass around waiting for the beeps and flashes , is irritating and it does not work ...tested it on an object that I knew was correct and it did not beep faster or turn solid green......
overal apart from that ... not even worth the discount rate offered on this game
sorry big fish not this one.....

basiakosia
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by basiakosia on Feb 1, 11 6:49 AM
Email from Playfirst shows DinerTown Detective Agency as DD. BFG shows Detective Agency. When I follow PF link to BFG, the DinerTown Detective Agency is not the DD price. Is PlayFirst wrong about the DD? Does anyone know?

Thanks

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 6:50:16 AM PST

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Feb 1, 11 7:08 AM
I don't know basiakosia...all I know is that a game that has name "Detective Agency" not "DinerTown Detective Agency" is the DD today. So it does seem that they have it wrong.

basiakosia
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by basiakosia on Feb 1, 11 7:58 AM
thanks yourshannygirl. I was afraid of that. Oh well. Guess I'll wait for punch card credits to come out.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Feb 1, 11 8:53 AM
Well, I must say, this is a strange day on the BFG website!

First this Detective Agency game was listed as the Daily Deal and showed the price to be $2.99. Then I come back to it a few minutes later, and it is listed at the $6.99 price. (However, the BFG game bar still shows that Detective Agency is the Daily Deal and still shows that it is priced at $2.99.)

But, NOW, the Daily Deal area shows Diner Town Detective Agency as the Daily Deal with a price listed at $2.99.

Looks like fishies who bought Detective Agency today while it was marked at $2.99, could have the option of getting a second Daily Deal game for only $2.99 today. Not bad... two punch card credits in one day!

Classicaljazz

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Feb 1, 11 9:15 AM
My email shows it as DD, but at download it shows full price and another game is DD, I don;t intend to pay full price when I've been offered it at 2.99.

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Feb 1, 11 9:17 AM
Basiakosia was right.

Here is the link to Diner Town: Detective Agency:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/5900/dinertown-detective-agency/index.html?src=frmgameimg&osdetect=true

basiakosia
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by basiakosia on Feb 1, 11 10:00 AM
Whatever the glitch, it's been corrected. Diner Town Detective Agency is now the DD, 2.99. I just bought and dld

Thanks Oh Great Ones @ BFG

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Feb 1, 11 11:41 AM
I'm so glad it's been fixed! DinerTown Detective Agency is a much better game! Plus I get two daily deals today since I bought the Detective Agency before they fixed their mistake! ha ha ha! YAY!

Go to: