bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition tech issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 1, 11 9:20 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.

Extra Play Crashes

[Post New]by swampfinder on Feb 1, 11 12:39 PM
The extended play will start the intro video but then crashes. Have done compatibility and reinstall. Still crashes (regular game plays well).

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Post Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition tech issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 1, 11 2:03 PM
Hi everyone!

We've started receiving some reports of customers experiencing a looping download / validation errors when trying to install the updated version of Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition that recently went live.

We're currently looking into this and hope to have this issue resolved soon.

We'll be sure to post any updates that we receive.

UPDATE:

Looping download / validation issue is now fixed, so everyone should now be able to download the latest version of Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition without trouble. As always, please contact Customer Support if you continue to experience any difficulties.

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 2:21:24 PM PST

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Extra Play Crashes

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 1, 11 2:05 PM
swampfinder wrote:The extended play will start the intro video but then crashes. Have done compatibility and reinstall. Still crashes (regular game plays well).

Hi swampfinder!

If the game keeps crashing, it may also help to run some updates for your video card driver and DirectX. More information and some steps can be found in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the trouble persists, please be sure to contact our Customer Support team and they'll be happy to assist. Customer Support can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

Re:Post Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition tech issues here only

[Post New]by roueche on Feb 1, 11 3:09 PM
No problems with crashing or downloading, however, when I obtained the bottle of wine according to the strategy guide and hidden object scene should have opened where I then would have gotten the piece of paper, but this did not happen - ?

[Post New]by feanas on Feb 1, 11 3:24 PM
The same thing happened with me.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Feb 2, 11 4:38 AM
I had no problems with downloading but the games lag has not been fixed. It is still running very slow from scene to scene. I've updated everything and still a problem with this game. Unless the lag is addressed this is a no buy for me.

[Post New]by doffey on Feb 2, 11 6:06 AM
On the hidden object scene after u have dug the treasure chest out, there is no axe and therefore cannot complete the scene. I have also tried clicking hint and it says there is nothing to do here. I have checked the game strategy so I know where the axe should be but it is not there.

This also happens in the hidden object scene by the water with the tweezers. Anyone else have this problem?

Psycho999
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Psycho999 on Feb 2, 11 6:20 AM
doffey wrote:On the hidden object scene after u have dug the treasure chest out, there is no axe and therefore cannot complete the scene. I have also tried clicking hint and it says there is nothing to do here. I have checked the game strategy so I know where the axe should be but it is not there.

This also happens in the hidden object scene by the water with the tweezers. Anyone else have this problem?

Me too!! So frustrating to get so far thru the game and then have the axe and the tweezers missing, can't move forward without it- let me know if you get anywhere with yours, I'm giving up on mine I have wasted so much time going around in circles getting nowhere..

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 2, 11 9:54 AM
Hi everyone,

If you're not able to pick up the axe or tweezers in the Hidden Object scenes, then this is likely due to the fact that we're using new methods to combat software piracy. This issue is caused by a progression blocker that detects the game was not purchased from Big Fish Games or a licensed affiliate. All licensed affiliates will redirect you to https://store.bigfishgames.com/cart; if you downloaded the game from a different site, you may have downloaded it from an illegitimate site who has stolen the game from our servers and removed our digital rights software. Piracy hurts everyone as it is stealing from independent developers who build these games and it hurts their ability to make more games for consumers to play.

With this said, please make sure that you have installed this game from your Purchase History to rule out the possibility of any issues being caused by an illegitimate version. Here is a help article to assist you with this:

Reinstall a Purchased Game

If you have purchased this game from Big Fish Games and are unable to obtain certain items in the Hidden Object scenes, please get in touch with our Customer Support team so that they can assist you further. Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the “Contact Us” section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you’ve entered your question and clicked to “Check for Answers,” you’ll be led to our Help pages, from which your question can be submitted.

If you’re a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club” page.

Thanks,

-bfgDonau

lilflirt
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lilflirt on Feb 3, 11 9:07 AM
i bought the game and completed it plus the extra game play with no probs whatsoever. when i went to play again, game manager indicated that an update had been released, so i updated it! just finished the game again, and cannot access the bonus play. it only gives me wallpaper etc. if i cannot play the bonus game, i shouldn't have to pay for the ce.

vdnha
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by vdnha on Feb 4, 11 11:55 PM
I can't find the puzzle piece for the castle gate or anything else at this point. I have the net and the medallion. I have gone over and over the different locations. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by gtg714f on Feb 6, 11 7:16 PM
Well I just bought the game yesterday and I keep getting the looping download; it never gets past "installing" in the game manager. As I understand it, my recent purchase should contain the fix to this problem, but I've uninstalled/reinstalled 3 times now and am still getting the same problem :/

supra
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by supra on Feb 8, 11 6:39 AM
Since the update the game won't run at all, just crashes as it tries to launch. Please fix this, I've paid out £11.74 for this game and can't play it.

SZ123
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by SZ123 on Feb 8, 11 9:36 AM
I cant either get this game to run. When i click on it it opens and closes right away. I even formatted my computer and that didn't help. I want to play this so bad and i cant it keeps closing on me every single time! Please tell me what to do or get this fixed.

[Post New]by boopsieones on Feb 8, 11 8:53 PM
This game will open to the "choose play level" screen - it defaults to Regular Play, but will not progress from there. What's wrong with it? I've tried choosing the Expert Play (without active area effects, and slower hint loads) but that doesn't work either. It simply stops on the screen and no amount of clicking or hitting enter helps.

Please advise. This looks like a really fun game too.

Thanks

(email removed by moderator)

Edited on 02/10/2011 at 3:33:30 PM PST

[Post New]by airsoft on Feb 9, 11 2:19 AM
I haven't had any issues up until now. I collected the eagle bookend but I am not able to re-enter the bedroom to place it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I'm having the same issue....HELP! thanks

[Post New]by flamama on Feb 11, 11 6:53 PM
I downloaded the entire game. It plays along fine for a few minutes but then some scenes start to drag and move in slow motion...very slow motion....it took almost two minutes to saw the bars of the wolf cage. The next scene everything moves at normal speed and all is well for a little while....then another scene that moves in extreme slow motion. Why do some scenes play at normal speed and others don't?At this rate I won't finish the game before summer! Any ideas on why this happens or how to make it go away? I have updated everything suggested.
This is supposedly the updated version I am working with.

Edited on 02/11/2011 at 6:55:00 PM PST

Brenchin
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Brenchin on Feb 13, 11 10:38 AM
I was doing the demo, and got about halfway done when I quit to get a cup of coffee. Now I can't play the game. It says a version is already open, and when I try to open that icon on my task bar it won't work. I've had similar problems like this when games don't get along with Windows 7. Is this one of those games? It's frustrating because I liked the part that I'd played.

fluffy64
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by fluffy64 on Feb 13, 11 6:56 PM
roueche wrote:No problems with crashing or downloading, however, when I obtained the bottle of wine according to the strategy guide and hidden object scene should have opened where I then would have gotten the piece of paper, but this did not happen - ?

This happened to me too. I got the bottle of wine then the guide says to move the cart on the right and you will get a hidden object scene and you'll get the piece of paper you need to continue. It doesn't really give you any ideas on what you should do next in the story, although I know you need the piece of paper to go back and make a copy of a pass. I hope it gets better as I go along. Any help from BFG on this would help a whole lot.

Go to: