TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

No strategy guide?

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Feb 1, 11 3:10 PM
Hello fishies! I just finished Aveyond 1 (LOVED it!) and am ready to move on to Aveyond 2. Aveyond 1 did not have a strategy guide from Big Fish and I thought I remembered that the rest of the games in the series all had strategy guides but I didn't see one for this game. So I just wanted to make sure that there is definitely no official strategy guide.

Aveyond 1 did have a fantastic walkthrough on Amaranth as well as maps for everything. Does this game have an equally helpful walkthrough and maps? Also, even with the walkthrough (actually there were 2 of them that I consulted,) I found Aveyond 1 to be a somewhat difficult game and I pretty much had to follow the walkthrough to the letter. I kind of remember someone telling me that Aveyond 1 was the hardest in the series and that the rest of them were a little easier. Am I remembering correctly?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds and I'm sure you'll be hearing from me a lot with questions about the game! Actually, there's another game I want to try first so I'm not going to be starting this quite yet.

-Tracy

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:No strategy guide?

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Feb 3, 11 8:34 PM
Yes, Aveyond 1 is definitely the hardest one of the lot, I'd say! I think they've been getting progressively easier. Lucky you to be going on to Aveyond 2 for the first time now! That was the first ever RPG I played and still my favourite! There should be walkthroughs for it online - definitely on the developer's site!

I'm sticking my head into this forum every couple of days or so, so if you have any questions...

TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Feb 3, 11 9:25 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:Yes, Aveyond 1 is definitely the hardest one of the lot, I'd say! I think they've been getting progressively easier. Lucky you to be going on to Aveyond 2 for the first time now! That was the first ever RPG I played and still my favourite! There should be walkthroughs for it online - definitely on the developer's site!

I'm sticking my head into this forum every couple of days or so, so if you have any questions...

Thank you so much for your reply and your offer for help in the future! Like I said, it may be awhile before I actually start this game. I am dying to start it right away but I am trying some games out for my mom right now to try to find something she would enjoy playing. There's an RPG I'm going to be trying for her and if I like it, I may go ahead and play that one through at the same time my mom is playing it before I start Aveyond 2.

For Aveyond 1, I used the walkthrough from the developer's site as well as all the other stuff they had on there to help. The walkthrough was great and I would have been completely lost without it! If the walkthrough for Aveyond 2 is as good, I should be in good shape!

-Tracy

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by bellagoth on Feb 3, 11 9:37 PM
Yeah, what SeverineSnape said! Aveyond 2 was my first and my favorite as well.
You'll find equally good walkthroughs at the dev's site for all Aveyond games, but now that you're familiar with how the game works, you probably don't need to follow them so closely. The maps definitely come in handy, though. I'd still be wandering around lost years later if I hadn't looked at those maps!
Enjoy your games! How nice that you can play with your mom!!

Go to: