bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 2, 11 1:04 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

 
roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Feb 2, 11 1:20 AM
Another uninteresting game. Would it be possible to have a schedule of game releases? Wouldn't it be nice to know what is going to be released and when?

 
cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 2, 11 1:52 AM
Hmm ... I am not quite sure what to make of this game because even though I have played the full hour I still feel as though I am playing a tutorial. This is supposed to be the "Kingdom of Fairs" and, while I love building things, it is not that interesting building a fair which has 4 or 4 tailors shops ... surely the people need more variety when there are only a few stalls.

The graphics are fine, the custom cursor works but I didn't notice the music ... think I probably had the sound down too much . There is a gold and silver timer but the time allowed seems quite generous and I didn't have any trouble completing the levels that I have played.

In order to build a fair you need money, magicians and magic ... money can be gained by building shops such as the candy shop ... building a magic school allows you to purchase more magicians ...magic can be bought. You can also gain some magic by defeating monsters (ogres) and I am pleased to say that you only have to click on them once to get them to disappear and gain 10 magic.

Hopefully there are faster players out there who can give us some indication if there is more variety further on in the game and of its length ... until I know more I am sitting on the fence with this one.

Cherb

 
ClassyDash
Salmon
Salmon
2,638 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by ClassyDash on Feb 2, 11 3:11 AM
Well this game is just exquisite.

Welcome to the magical fair.

This is beautiful to look at while you play.
The graphics glisten with magic.

The sound is great.

And don't forget to upgrade your elephant rides
to earn more smiles.

And don't forget to order
more candy for your candy shop.

haha fun

This is a must buy for me.

 
jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 2, 11 4:01 AM
Hi all.
I am with Cherb in as much as I don't know what to make of this game and yet I agree with ClassyDash & have just bought it.

I can't give a better review than above mentioned have, but only add, this is a statagy game, which seems quite dependant on what you do when. I also find my eyes are kept very busy darting around the screen, keeping on top of it all.

A strange game, but good.

 
Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by Badut on Feb 2, 11 4:20 AM
I soooo want to like this game since these kind of games are my favorite ones. And I DO like everything about it except from the fact that after the first city, I cannot get expert on any levels. It just gets very hard or maybe I am using the wrong strategy?

I will keep playing it though - and looking forward to get help from all you gifted fishies in here

 
Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 2, 11 4:26 AM
This is an average strategy-building game in my opinion. Good as a daily deal someday, but I wouldn`t buy it for full price yet.

 
Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 2, 11 4:52 AM
The graphics are pretty. The gameplay is town building.There is a timer, but I have yet to have it run out. I have made it as far as the second fair and I agree, it seems like I am still in the tutorial. The lack of variety in the fairs is annoying and boring. There are better town building games.

This game is a B-.

 

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by BeachLady704 on Feb 2, 11 7:37 AM
Have to agreee with other posters, the tutorial seems never-ending. I made it to the third town in the second (sand) fair level and "Ben" was still telling me what to do. The timer is generous, it never even got to the silver level for me. It's fairly boring, not a lot of choices for buildings - quite a few are locked out making me wonder how far you have to get in the game to get more variety. By the looks of it, I've made it throught at least 1/4 of the game with only two buildings per type unlocked.

This is a no-buy today. Not worth it if I got that far in one hour.

 
govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 2, 11 9:56 AM
Wasn't sure about this game at first but it has grown on me. Once I realized I could click on the comments by Ben and be given option to skip tutorial for that level it was less annoying. I made it to the 12th level before demo ran out and looks like there are a lot more levels left. There are also different play modes unlocked after a certain point. The voice overs were pretty good. I don't know about the music because I never listen to it. Looks like there are a lot of building left to unlock as well. So far the buildings are the Oracle, the Elephant, the Candy Shop, the Tailor Shop, School of Magic and a workshop (not sure what that is for since I just opened it right before demo ran out ) I have expert on all the levels except for the last one on the first town. (Level 10 ) I think I might get this with my credit.

 
sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by sonofstar on Feb 2, 11 2:42 PM
I used a monthly punch card reward to buy this after the hour was up. I agree that having to put multiples of the same type of shop or attraction seems ridiculous. They should have given the option to use more types a whole lot sooner.

The workshop is supposed to keep buildings from breaking down and needing repairs, but I can't see that it actually helps except for the absolutely closest buildings and where I am in the desert city, I'm going to have to destroy it and put something else on its spot that makes money in order to earn enough to win that round.

If this weren't a freebie for me, I don't think I'd have spent my own money to buy it.

 
roguedawg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by roguedawg on Feb 2, 11 5:02 PM
The first hour also had me wondering if it would ever get any harder.......it surely does. I'm on level 20 and have played it 5 times and can't get anywhere near the gold rating.....it still is a bit repetitive, but I am really enjoying it. It's pretty. Looks like there will be 50 levels overall.

 
mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Feb 2, 11 5:24 PM
This was sort of cute until I hit a level (VERY early on) where I was supposed to earn X coins, defeat 3 monsters, and build 2 candy shops. I earned tons of coins, defeated about 9 monsters, and built so many candy shops that I ran out of room to build more, blew up two and rebuilt them, and still was told I was at 1 of 2 candy shops built. Is this a glitch in the game, or am I missing something??

 
bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 2, 11 6:05 PM
mgpaquin, check if the candy shops need a certain number of stars.....to beat the level

 
FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Feb 2, 11 6:06 PM
Was having such a good time playing it I got booted out and had to purchase. The graphics are great, the music OK. Enjoying the story. Not the typical building game, but I like that they mixed it up a little. The biggest thing to remember even when it doesn't call for it so far for me has been to remember to build the school, so you can hire more magicians cheap and upgrade everything. They never seem to give you enough magicians to begin with.

Mgpaquin: You have to upgrade your candy shops on that level I think to level 2 if I remember correctly.

 
Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 2, 11 7:38 PM
sonofstar wrote:I used a monthly punch card reward to buy this after the hour was up. I agree that having to put multiples of the same type of shop or attraction seems ridiculous. They should have given the option to use more types a whole lot sooner.

The workshop is supposed to keep buildings from breaking down and needing repairs, but I can't see that it actually helps except for the absolutely closest buildings and where I am in the desert city, I'm going to have to destroy it and put something else on its spot that makes money in order to earn enough to win that round.

If this weren't a freebie for me, I don't think I'd have spent my own money to buy it.


but Sonofstar - it's NOT a freebie! You either had your credit card debited for $6.99 OR you spent at least $21.00 last/this month for the game!! Sorry BFG I do love your games and forums and all the folks who contribute, but I hate when I see people saying it was a "free" game! I thought the game was VERY mediocre no where near a Royal Envoy or Roads to Rome, heck it wasnt even a Westward. You stated it was a TM/Strategy game well, strategy maybe but TM NOT. How can it be a TM when no matter how fast you click it will only load so much at a time?

I was very disappointed today. Sorry. Just my opinion. Upgrading, and buying magicians, while the theme is excellent, the game is well as said before just plain BORING!! Just me have a good time for all you fishies who enjoyed it!

Lean

 
adolia
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by adolia on Feb 3, 11 9:46 AM
Leanda1 wrote:
sonofstar wrote:I used a monthly punch card reward to buy this after the hour was up. I agree that having to put multiples of the same type of shop or attraction seems ridiculous. They should have given the option to use more types a whole lot sooner.

The workshop is supposed to keep buildings from breaking down and needing repairs, but I can't see that it actually helps except for the absolutely closest buildings and where I am in the desert city, I'm going to have to destroy it and put something else on its spot that makes money in order to earn enough to win that round.

If this weren't a freebie for me, I don't think I'd have spent my own money to buy it.


but Sonofstar - it's NOT a freebie! You either had your credit card debited for $6.99 OR you spent at least $21.00 last/this month for the game!! Sorry BFG I do love your games and forums and all the folks who contribute, but I hate when I see people saying it was a "free" game! I thought the game was VERY mediocre no where near a Royal Envoy or Roads to Rome, heck it wasnt even a Westward. You stated it was a TM/Strategy game well, strategy maybe but TM NOT. How can it be a TM when no matter how fast you click it will only load so much at a time?

I was very disappointed today. Sorry. Just my opinion. Upgrading, and buying magicians, while the theme is excellent, the game is well as said before just plain BORING!! Just me have a good time for all you fishies who enjoyed it!

Lean


Really that is all a matter of opinion. If you have earned a credit by purchasing several games, then some people would consider the earned credit a "free" one. definetly not something i would consider telling someone they are wrong about, that just leads to boring arguments.

 
Sassielas
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by Sassielas on Feb 3, 11 10:31 AM
Loved the game right up to level 13!! i can't get past it...I either have money and not enough happy faces or I have happy faces and not earning enough coins. Any clues?

 
kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by kitty1 on Feb 3, 11 12:02 PM
Like others, I am kind of on the fence with this one. I like that it is a new take on the building TMs with the wizards & fairies instead of the typical mall or city to build. The artwork is beautiful. What I don't like (just finishing level 10) is having to constantly replenish the shops. There should be an upgrade to automatically do that. Constantly having to replenish shops while also fighting ogres, repairing buildings, & building is a bit too much. I also don't like that there is no clear indication at the end of a level whether you got gold, silver, etc. Already on level 10 I have run out the timer--after the other 9 levels being fairly easy to get gold.

For those who like the general idea of this game but are on the fence, I would suggest an old game called County Fair--it is one of my all-time favorites & gives you tons of attractions to add to your fair.

 

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Abigail and the Kingdom of Fairs

[Post New]by Huso123 on Feb 3, 11 1:03 PM
Sassielas wrote:Loved the game right up to level 13!! i can't get past it...I either have money and not enough happy faces or I have happy faces and not earning enough coins. Any clues?


I answered a similar question in the next topic for.

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 1:04:28 PM PST


 
 
 
 
Go to: