MissTerry
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Magicville inventory and spells

[Post New]by MissTerry on Feb 2, 11 3:44 PM
Hi, I am Terry, just purchased the game. I have alot of inventory but how EXACTly do you get them to the right person? Spells: what does the enchanted spell do? And dhow about the two bottom rows? Help certainly doesn't offer any info. Someone, please give me these anwers,. Or, is there a tutorial somewhere I can read.

Thanks, Terry

Re:Magicville inventory and spells

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Feb 3, 11 1:55 PM
Hi Terry

Inventory items - to give an item to somebody, click "Give" at the top-right corner, then click on whatever item, then click on the person you want to give it to. There are clues as to what they want and they aren't overly difficult. First off, when you first talk to a character they will give you hints or ask you outright for a certain object. Also, the name of the scene (at the top) often contains a clue. Finally, click the Hint button and Tiana will give you a further clue.

In some cases (like the cog game near the beginning, for example), click Use, then the cog, then the spindle to place it on. Or maybe you've found a locked door, and you have a key - click Use, then the Key, then the Door. And so on.

You can click on any spell in the spell shop, and Tiana will give you a brief and slightly cryptic explanation of what it does.

Spells - starting at top left:

Hint - shows you a move if you get stuck.
Vanish - remove one tile (not chained or enchanted).
Swap - click any two tiles to exchange their positions (not chained or enchanted).
Chain - remove any single or double-chained tile.
Enchant - remove an enchanted tile.
Multi - remove all tiles of the type you cast the spell on.
Explode - remove five tiles in + shape.
Light - click two tiles on the same row to remove everything between.
Shuffle - shuffle the board when you're struggling for moves.

Depending how far you are into the game, then you may not have even seen chained or enchanted tiles so the relevant spells are useless until you reach that point.

Hope this helps.

Dave
DesktopGaming

MissTerry
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by MissTerry on Feb 3, 11 3:51 PM
Hi Dave, and thank you so much. It really explained alot of things. Now it's even more fun> Have a nice day.

Terry

MissTerry
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Magicville enchanted tiles

[Post New]by MissTerry on Mar 4, 11 3:33 PM

Hello Dave,

Terry again. I am pretty far in the game and I still don't know what an enchanted tile is! I thought they were the ones with the chains on them. Guess not. And then maybe I will know how to use the enchanted spell. I only have the last penninsula to go in the game. Thanks for your help Dave and have a nice day. You can email the answer to my personal email if that is easier at
[removed by moderator]

Thanks again Dave

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 4:15:12 PM PST

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Mar 5, 11 7:23 AM
Hi

You have single and double chained tiles which take more hits to get rid of than regular tiles. After that, enchanted tiles take one further hit to get rid of. They have a sort of 'frozen in ice' appearance about them and they shatter into pieces when you hit them. From memory (which isn't a good memory!) I think the enchanted tiles start to appear from roughly half way through the game.

SPOILER ALERT! (Highlight the area below to read)
Are you sure you're close to the end? I'm not sure what you mean by 'last peninsula' but just in case you aren't aware, there is more to the game than the first island, which you leave via Monk's Causeway at the top, then there's (in no particular order), a forest island, a frozen wasteland, a red fiery island with monsters on it, plus a couple of small, rocky islands - all before you get to the final showdown on the last island, where several of the odd-looking and apparently pointless items you've collected throughout the game, will have a sudden useful purpose.

Maybe you know all this.... just saying in case you aren't as close to the end as you thought you were!

Dave
DesktopGaming

MissTerry
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by MissTerry on Mar 9, 11 6:45 PM
Hi Dave,

Once again, I owe you a big "thanks!" By the way, asre you real person at Big Fish game site or are you a person like me? Just curious..

Have a nice day.

Terry

MissTerry
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by MissTerry on Mar 9, 11 6:48 PM
Hi Dave, just hghlighted "spoiler alert, never who that this existed.

Bye, Terry

MissTerry
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by MissTerry on Mar 9, 11 7:19 PM
Hello again Dave,

You are so right, I am only of the first part Isle of Fogmere! I had no idea that this game was so indepth. I love it even more now. And here, I was thinking it was almost over. Now I know that there will be time when all this things I have collected in my inventory will go to good use.

Bye, Terry

[Post New]by desktopgaming on Mar 15, 11 4:00 PM
MissTerry wrote:Hi Dave,

Once again, I owe you a big "thanks!" By the way, asre you real person at Big Fish game site or are you a person like me? Just curious..

Have a nice day.

Terry

*prods self* Yep, I'm a real person thought I'm not at BigFish, I'm in England and Magicville (PC and Mac version) was designed and written by me.

Glad you're enjoying the game.

Go to: