roguedawg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Need level 20 tips.....

[Post New]by roguedawg on Feb 2, 11 5:04 PM
If anybody manages to get gold on level 20 (or green as the case may be), please share your strategy..this lvl is kicking me to the curb...lol
And thanks in advance

Re:Need level 20 tips.....

[Post New]by corporatecowgirl on Feb 5, 11 1:04 PM
Are you kidding me? I can barely get blue on this level.

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

[Post New]by emi1y on Mar 8, 11 4:09 PM
Same here, I can't get gold/expert on this level. Right now I'm saving up to put down herbal stores first. Going to try putting down tailors instead because its taking too much time. If anyone has tips on this level, please share.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 9, 11 4:01 AM
Hi

i am working on this one too Emily.

I suppose the good news is that my stratagy so far is so way off base, that I need to reverse it, but to what I just don't know.

watch this space LOL

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 9, 11 12:00 PM
hi yes just done this one.

Build 1 tea shop & expand twice. watch the clock, try to wait till you have cashed in before updating, whilst updating buy nagic in 500 increments. buy stock.

Build a second tea shop & repeat. remember to buy magic & restock clear patch & build 3rd tea shop clear patch & build delivery shop & upgrade 3rd shop, Start buying swing sets. clear a spot, build your works & then build & upgrade your 4th tea shop.

It was close but I did it.

Save your money till later in the game to buy your swing sets. I don't think I actually benefitted from the delivery or work shop during this round. HTH
Joanne

Edited on 03/09/2011 at 1:54:02 PM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 10, 11 3:31 AM
Please ignore the above post, that was for level 19

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

[Post New]by emi1y on Mar 11, 11 4:35 PM
I understand Jojo, after a while all the levels are one big headache!! I gave up trying to get expert after this level ... forrget it!! There's no help or hints anywhere on the web and I couldn't figure it out so I just played the whole game out. OH WELL.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Mar 12, 11 11:35 AM
There's a certain amount of luck involved, because you never know how much your buildings will sell for.

If you haven't sold buildings yet, it works like this;
Select the building.
Click on the gold coins. This place the building for sale. It will NOT collect revenue while it's up for sale.
When an offer comes in, a little brown money bag apears over the building.
Select the building again. You'll see three buttons:

handshake (to accept the offer)
handshake witha red line through it (to decline the offer and wait for a new one)
gold coins with a red line through it (to take the building off of sale)

When you hover your mouse over the handshake button you cans ee the amount of the offer. Then click if you want to accept it.

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 12:15:03 AM PST

[Post New]by Snodie on Mar 13, 11 1:40 AM
I got really close to green by building the delivery shop ASAP and selling it, as it sells for so much.

Plan went: build and upgrade 2 Dragons (entertainment thingies, can't recall their name...), buy 1 extra worker, build the delivery joint and sell it.
Then onto the school, top up on workers and sell that. I think I was within 1 "spot" of green there....
Then the w/shop, then build shops galore to get the cash...

Good luck, all!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Mar 20, 11 12:01 AM
Here is a green solution for quick clickers. Slow clickers should get blue, but may end up a notch or two short of gold.

Let the Candy Shop collect revenue and zap any monsters as they appear.
The instant you have 100 magic, build a Tailor Shop.
Keep zapping monsters.
When you have another 100 magic, build a Swingset (dragon attraction).
Once you hear the Ka-ching, upgrade the Dragon once.
Buy the 5th wizard as soon as you can.
When the Candy Shop gets broken or needs inventory, or you have the 5th wizard, demolish it
Build a Delivery Station where the Candy Shop was.
Sell the Delivery Station immediately if you get offered 18,000 gold in the first two tries.
If you get offered less, restart the level. It will take a few tries, but you'll get there.
Upgrade the Swingset to 3 stars.
When the Tailor Shop runs out of inventory or breaks, demolish it.
With the money from the Delivery Station, buy 5 wizards.
From now on buy magic at least 500 at a time as convenient.
Build an Herbal Shop where the Tailor Shop was.
Clear a lot and build a 2nd Swingset.
Upgrade this Swingset to 2 stars total.
Clear another lot and build a Workshop.
Upgrade the workshop to 3 stars. This will save you a lot of money because you won't have to fix things.
Now your goals are simple: buy back the Delivery Station and upgrade it to 2 stars and fill all the remaiining lots with Herbal Shops which you will upgrade to 1 star each.
Try to keep 12,000 coins available for the Delivery Station, but by magic if you have to.
When convenient, buy 5 more Wizards, but make sure you keep enough to buy back the Delivery Station or you won't get it upgraded in time. It's OK if you wait to buy the 2nd 5 wizards until after you buy back the Delivery Station.
For me the easiest way was to clear the lots 3 at a time, build one shop, then clear 3 more lots.
I tried to put off building too many shops early or you have to spend too much time restocking them.
Once all the shops are built you can buy 2 or 3 more wizards to help.
You should be able to get 1 star on all the shops while only having to restock 2 or 3 shops.
It make take a few tries to get the timing right.
I'd appreciate any improvements if you know any.
Robin

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 12:17:38 AM PST

[Post New]by TonyaLaLa on Mar 22, 11 12:54 AM
Robin, I had to register just to thank you for taking the time to write out those long and detailed instructions. I haven't got expert on level 20 yet but I'm still trying. It's a lot smoother with a plan.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Mar 24, 11 11:44 PM
TonyaLaLa wrote:Robin, I had to register just to thank you for taking the time to write out those long and detailed instructions. I haven't got expert on level 20 yet but I'm still trying. It's a lot smoother with a plan.

Thanks! I'm sure there are possible improvements to most of the ones I posted, but at least they should give people some ideas. Also, I wanted to emphasize the places where there's just some luck involved, so people woulld know it's OK to restart if you're trying to sell a building and the offers you get are too low.
Robin

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 11:45:43 PM PST

[Post New]by whitepriestess on Aug 1, 11 3:39 AM
Hi all,

This level took me a long time, literally hours lol, to figure out how to get expert but I just got it although it is a bit of a time cruncher. Hopefully, someone can come up with a better way than I did but just in case anyone's still struggling on this one.

Placing of buildings and timely upgrades are the key to getting expert on this. Here's what I did:

1. I vanquished the first 2 monsters. That gave me 100 magic so I built the swing set-looks like a white dragon with a swing. Then I bought 50 magic and after vanquishing 2 more monsters, I built the second swing set.

2. I waited until I collected money before I did the first upgrade for one of the swing sets. Then after the next collection of money, I got enough to hire one worker. While that worker was being hired, I demolished the candy store.

3. After demolishing the candy store, I built the delivery station where the candy store used to be. After that, I immediately put it up for sale. Now, I wouldn't sell it unless the offer was around 15,000 gold or so. In the meantime, I continued to upgrade the swing sets but if I had more than 300 magic, I cleared one of my lots-particularly, the one on the middle left hand side. This is very important because when you later buy back the delivery station, after upgrading to 2 stars, the service won't extend as far as that area so you might as well clear that lot for something other than a store.

4. After clearing that lot, I built a school of magic. Once I did get enough gold from the sale of the delivery station, I waited until the school of magic was built and then I bought 5 more workers. Meanwhile, I bought 500 magic and cleared the lot in the middle top section for my workshop.

5. After the 5 more workers arrived, I concentrated on fully upgrading the workshop as well as both swing sets. However, I did choose to upgrade the school of magic once. That lowered the cost of workers as I wanted to hire at least 3 more workers and upgrading reduces the cost of hiring them. After I hired 3 more workers, I sold the school of magic. If it sells around 3,000-4,000 gold, it looked to be a good deal.

6. From here one, I bought magic in packs of 500. I cleared the bottom middle lots first for the anticipation of the delivery station. Then I built the tea shops accordingly. Then I continued to clear 4 more lots but made sure that the delivery service, when it is upgraded to 2 stars, would reach them. Meanwhile, when you (cont.)

Edited on 08/01/2011 at 3:43:49 AM PST

[Post New]by whitepriestess on Aug 1, 11 3:42 AM
have the opportunity, buy back the delivery service and upgrade it as soon as you can. While doing this, upgrade the tea shops-first to 1 star and then to 2 stars. You don't need to upgrade every tea shop to 2 stars but try to do so with as many as possible. If you need to restock, wait until the delivery service is not upgrading and make sure that the service can reach the store that needs restocking. Otherwise, wait until the delivery service station is upgraded enough to allow for fast delivery for restocking.

With this strategy, I had one lot left and I did get expert although as I said, it's definitely a time cruncher. I'm sure that there's probably a better way but hopefully, this helps a little.

Go to: