BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Behind the Reflection: Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by BossBrat on Feb 3, 11 12:44 AM
BIG thumb's down and I only played about 10 minutes. That was more than enough for me. Music was repetitive, which irritates me. No way to skip puzzles or use a hint if you get stuck. I mean, come on, it's a game, not warfare. Some objects around the room were in very, very dark places. The 1 hidden object scene I played was too easy. No buy here. I NEED A GAME!

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 12:45:06 AM PST

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Behind the Reflection: Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by lynwil on Feb 3, 11 12:55 AM
Sorry, not for me either! I managed 30 minutes but it's soooooo slooooow

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 3, 11 1:11 AM
BossBrat wrote:BIG thumb's down and I only played about 10 minutes. That was more than enough for me. Music was repetitive, which irritates me. No way to skip puzzles or use a hint if you get stuck. I mean, come on, it's a game, not warfare. Some objects around the room were in very, very dark places. The 1 hidden object scene I played was too easy. No buy here. I NEED A GAME!
Sorry, but you can skip the puzzles and the hint is fine.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 3, 11 1:35 AM
hello.

This is quite a sweet little game,whose story is based around a Mum looking for her little boy who has been swallowed by a mirror.

There is a selection of word based and silouette objects to find, plenty of very easy puzzles,,and a hint button that recharges very quickly.

I found many of the objects difficult to see as they are very well blended.

It is a nice game, but it seems rather flat after the gems we have had recently. It is a no buy today but maybe as a daily deal.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Feb 3, 11 1:49 AM
BossBrat wrote:BIG thumb's down and I only played about 10 minutes. That was more than enough for me. Music was repetitive, which irritates me. No way to skip puzzles or use a hint if you get stuck. I mean, come on, it's a game, not warfare. Some objects around the room were in very, very dark places. The 1 hidden object scene I played was too easy. No buy here. I NEED A GAME!

???????? The hints worked fine for me; very rapid refill, and the puzzles had a BIG "skip" bar right at the bottom. I love the click penalty on this one; I kept clicking just to get the shattered (as in shattered mirror) screen. This ihog has a lot of busyness to it ie find this to find that, but find something else first. The story seems familiar, perhaps Mirror Mysteries? During the demo, I didn't get far enough to really get into the story.
Before installation started, I got access violation pop-up, which said DRM validation violation; however, the game played fine on start-up.
I like these kind of games, so it will probably be a some time buy for me.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Feb 3, 11 3:08 AM

I'm a bit confused. If the game is so easy... why do you need a skip or a hint?
(Both of which are included with the delightful game.)

It really makes me angry when people put down a game because it's easy. It's ok to prefer not to buy it if you find it too easy but to knock it isn't fair. There are all different levels of play out there. Not everyone is a rocket scientist. This game could be perfect for a lot of folks. As for the music... I watch TV while playing so usually shut if off anyway.

Putting games down without really good reasons tends to lead people to not even try the demo which is sad in my opinion. The developers deserve better.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 3, 11 3:33 AM
I agree with you, Barbee.

Memonk
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Memonk on Feb 3, 11 4:35 AM
This is an old release reintroduced. Will not buy. This happens to often.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 3, 11 5:52 AM
Memonk wrote:This is an old release reintroduced. Will not buy. This happens to often.

Curious, what makes you think this is an old release? Developer's
website shows it as new.

jsfurman
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jsfurman on Feb 3, 11 7:38 AM
Overall, I like it. I think it is very clear, concise and interesting variety of mini-games. I agree that not every game has to be a major difficulty. I personally like games that are challenging, but at the same time, not requiring me to burn thousands of brain cells in the first few minutes. I fact, I like these games so long as they are long enough to keep you involved for more than an hour or so.
Not sure if I will buy. depends on how many levels there are. But as I said, it's entertaining and obviously well thought out and planned. Nice job!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 3, 11 7:42 AM
Lovely game!
I'm about to buy this one just for the joy of owning it. It's story is enough to get one hooked..mom finding her son, and all these odd folks getting in her way.
Graphics are beautifully done, I just ooze at the drawings wondering how the heck did the dev do them, Nice background music, left it on and didn't irritate anyone in the family...and believe me, they would not hestitate to tell me.
I like the games with in the games within the games.
So, who ever that was who obviously needed a nice cup of coffee before starting and judging a nicely rended piece of work like this, try again and enjoy the moment.
Chris

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 3, 11 7:44 AM
I beta'd this game a few months ago and looking forward to playing it. I quite enjoyed the story, gameplay, etc. I had no problems with it regarding skip/hints. Downloading demo now to make sure it plays ok and will probably buy with a punchcard coupon

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Feb 3, 11 7:53 AM
I really didn't like this game. I had a hard time figuring out what a "phial" was. Turns out it was a "vial." The objects are hard to find, most of them are in dark areas. I also couldn't find the stash in the canopy. I dragged the pointer all over it. I had to use a hint button. Personally, the story line dragged. Maybe I'm spoiled, who knows? I love Hidden Objects as much as the next one, but this is a no for me. Sorry BFG.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 3, 11 9:30 AM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to write up reviews for Behind the Reflection!

It looks like we've ended up with two review threads for the game, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this one up. Feel free to re-post in the stickied thread that can be found here.

I've also included a link to this thread in that thread.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Go to: