honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

Today's DD 2/3/2011

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Feb 3, 11 5:04 AM
Well, it does'nt look like this was a very popular game but I'm going to try it. Just need a change of pace and at 2.99 it's worth a shot.

Happy Gaming Fishies

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

Re:Today's DD 2/3/2011

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 3, 11 5:10 AM
Sorry didn't like this game. Got bored really fast.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Feb 3, 11 6:08 AM
Before I buy any kind of stratagy game or adventure game I like to see a lot of activity in the forum because it's easy to get stuck in these games. Usually some nice fishy has already been stuck and another helped them unstick but I don't see much happening with this one. That could be good news such as no one getting stuck but I don't think so.

I may download and give a try with a wary fish eye and hope the game didn't get it's just due. We'll see.

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Feb 3, 11 7:15 AM
Normally I grasp games pretty quickly but having tried the trial for 15 mins I came here because I'm completely confused, I followed the tutorial then seem to be doing what it says but nothing seems to work right.

If I actually do order as many as demand is then i just end up with too much stock, when tastes change and i go and check the RnD to check how much a scent is liked it then seems to bear no resemblance to how much the test percentage thing then likes it (one time a low thing seemed to give the highest increase?), another time I kept rechecking and it just continually went down? How does that make sense.

I think perhaps I missing something. I adjust the orders, and perfume if needed, I follow the different news (one of them said my market share or something went up by 50% temporarily but nothing actually seemed to reflect that, demand didn't go up, sales didn't go up) but it just seems not to make much difference. Paying for some advertising did increase sales, though it had to be redone each week. I press next week after adjusting things and the amount of stuff in stock dosen't seem to change.

Ugh, some people have enjoyed this so I think I am just missing something but can someone explain to me what I'm missing? Because at the moment it feels completely random and therefore impossible.

[Post New]by davids_gf on Feb 3, 11 1:14 PM
I just got this game as the DD because it seemed casual and cute. I think I am missing something though. No matter what I do, every other week of sales is 0. I basically have to make my costs 0 every other week so I dont dig myself into a hole. I always keep my perfume current and advertise when necessary. Can anyone give me some insight?

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 3, 11 1:33 PM
The graphics are okay. The gameplay is similar to acutally working which is never fun. You run your cosmetics company against 5 competitors. The idea is to upgrade your facitilies to gain the largest market share. There are trend changes where you have to change the formula of the particular cosmetic, testing it until you get above a 80% rating (anything less will not sell). I prefer over 90% personally. Mostly this game is too much like actual work with all the report reading.

This game is a C-.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Feb 3, 11 2:12 PM
tried this game 100% no buy for me. can't get any money! even when over 90% in trend, and have tried with marketing and without, and really low stock - nothing works. Also very boring as nothing happens except for working out 3 buttons - which combination will give me the biggest %. Could easily be a good game, if you could get money quickly - and there was some logic between marketing, and price point.

But no logic, doing what tutorial says and still doesn't work, and just boring boring makes it a for me.

[Post New]by Beebumble on Feb 3, 11 5:20 PM
Never really go for the daily deals but thought Id try this as it looked interesting and I'm fond of strategy type games.... what a waste.

Now that i've played it for a few hours, I have managed to complete it without making any money or being able to upgrade past any of the first levels available . Having to constantly input an amount for marketing is frustrating and it never seems to go anywhere. Unfortunately it would put me off buying a DD in the future if this is anything to go by.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Today's DD 2/3/2011

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 3, 11 7:09 PM
I'm worse off than any of y'all! I can't even figure out when clicking "Next Week" actually starts up production, and when it merely shows a prediction. Will delete the download now.

Despite the fact that my avatar is noticeably cute!

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Feb 4, 11 12:13 AM
Beebumble - I often buy DDs (especially HOG ones) and they are completely mixed, but often good and occasionally very good, I would always recommend trying out one you're interested in.
I gave up even trying on this, I think there was something wrong with it.

Go to: