tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Very short game

[Post New]by tillybaby on Feb 3, 11 6:24 AM
Wow, honestly I cannot believe the game is finished already. I kept waiting and looking for the next part to load but there wasn't any,

Ah well, not to worry. At least the graphics were nice and I didn't find any bugs so a couple of hours entertainment for a fiver isn't that bad.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

Very short game

[Post New]by barbee44 on Feb 3, 11 7:08 AM
tillybaby wrote:Wow, honestly I cannot believe the game is finished already. I kept waiting and looking for the next part to load but there wasn't any,

Ah well, not to worry. At least the graphics were nice and I didn't find any bugs so a couple of hours entertainment for a fiver isn't that bad.

If there game was longer it would probably have been a CE and we'd have to wait a month to get it.

Re:Very short game

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 3, 11 7:35 AM
I played now for 4 hours and still not finished. I can't stop playing.

sammygram
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by sammygram on Feb 3, 11 7:53 AM
i am at the potion and want to buy i hope it doesnt end there are there more chapters

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Feb 3, 11 9:42 AM
It was a short game, but it was fun to play for a change. I wouldn't want one like this everyday, but once and awhile. Some of the puzzle games were a little hard for me, but I think that makes it even more fun. I really enjoyed it

[Post New]by Jackie143637 on Feb 3, 11 1:36 PM
Short game but I enjoyed it. Thought the graphics were good and only a slight glitch in picking up objects Otherwise good game.

sct1968
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by sct1968 on Feb 3, 11 2:04 PM
how short?time or something

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Feb 3, 11 2:21 PM
I usually read these forums about games I am considering buying and even though I really like this game, I don't want to spend $7 on a really short game. I'd rather wait for another good one with more to it. Maybe the same creators will come out with another one that's longer...let's hope.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Feb 3, 11 4:14 PM
It took me about 4 hours, and I'm about average - I also gave up on quite a few of the puzzles and used the skip. How short it is depends on how fast you play - I'd say when you get the potion complete and move to the next chapter you are 1/4 to 1/3 done.

Several of us got stuck at the lens puzzle - the game froze. They are working on a solution, so if you encounter the same problem, PLEASE contact tech support. THe more data they have from us, the faster it gets fixed. YOU CAN GO ON even if you have the freeze problem - just write down the "solution," exit the game, restart the game, put the correct lenses in, and you can go on from there. Absolutely no problems after that for me.

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Feb 3, 11 5:15 PM
I played the lens puzzle and had no problems at all. The game has played flawlessly; no freezing, hiccups, or long loading times. Because not everyone is having the same issue, I really don't think it's an issue with the game.

Since the graphics are superior, I am betting there could be issues with people not having enough system resources; i.e. not enough onboard video memory. My system has an after-market video card with 1GB video memory and I had no issues at all with the game (although I would think 512MB should be adequate). Integrated video cards or older video cards with less than 512MB might have issues with certain aspects of this game but tech support will be able to tell you for sure.

The games are getting much better and much more sophisticated. It's been well-worth it to upgrade my system. Some of the newer games are absolutely amazing when your system can actually handle the graphics.

All that being said, the game is worth the price. Absolutely amazing graphics, easy to moderately easy, varying degrees of difficulty in the puzzles, nice soundtrack, and a wonderful attention to detail. The premise of the story is a good one, however, you kind of forget about the story after a while since they don't focus on it too much. But because the graphics are so great, I didn't really mind.

If you like to play without stress, sit back and enjoy the music, and want to think but not too hard, this is the game for you.

, and kudos to the developers for the amazing graphics.

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 5:16:05 PM PST

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Feb 3, 11 6:08 PM
NOOOOO!! it's NOT short at all. It's a very relaxing cruisy type of game, I've been playing for about 3hours, I THINK I'm nearing the end, so am saving it for this evening, better get on with the housework! If it otlasts my evening session it will be a bonus, it's one of those games I don't want to end. OK, the story's a bit naff, but it's OK. Music is pleasant and has some nice strings to it in places. Good hint system that indicates scenes to visit if your stuck. It was well worth the fee.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Feb 4, 11 8:08 PM
netnanna wrote:NOOOOO!! it's NOT short at all. It's a very relaxing cruisy type of game, I've been playing for about 3hours, I THINK I'm nearing the end, so am saving it for this evening, better get on with the housework! If it otlasts my evening session it will be a bonus, it's one of those games I don't want to end. OK, the story's a bit naff, but it's OK. Music is pleasant and has some nice strings to it in places. Good hint system that indicates scenes to visit if your stuck. It was well worth the fee.

Oh I so agree with you netnanna - This game is NOT short! It took me 4 hours to complete and I really didn't want it to end. Hat's off to the speedy fishies for finishing in 2 hours - You deserve an award! But for me - I could have never finished in less than 3 hours with all the mini games and such. Great game.

jerseyd1
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by jerseyd1 on Feb 5, 11 2:34 PM
honeyg412 wrote:
netnanna wrote:NOOOOO!! it's NOT short at all. It's a very relaxing cruisy type of game, I've been playing for about 3hours, I THINK I'm nearing the end, so am saving it for this evening, better get on with the housework! If it otlasts my evening session it will be a bonus, it's one of those games I don't want to end. OK, the story's a bit naff, but it's OK. Music is pleasant and has some nice strings to it in places. Good hint system that indicates scenes to visit if your stuck. It was well worth the fee.

Oh I so agree with you netnanna - This game is NOT short! It took me 4 hours to complete and I really didn't want it to end. Hat's off to the speedy fishies for finishing in 2 hours - You deserve an award! But for me - I could have never finished in less than 3 hours with all the mini games and such. Great game.

I disagree. It is short.

[Post New]by Saturnbaby on Feb 8, 11 12:01 AM
Yes... so incredibly short! I wanted more! I played it for right under 2 hours to complete it and I was disappointed to have spent my game club credit on such a short game. Cool graphics and story line... just wish it were about twice as long if not more! I also thought the mini games were not challenging enough, maybe went along with how quickly I blew through this game.

[Post New]by ddiemetric on Feb 9, 11 9:18 AM
Cute and fun, but I was finished in under two hours. THAT is short. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by ejskluz on Feb 13, 11 8:28 AM
I wonder if those who find the game to be very short are perhaps skipping the dialogue. I just played the demo and was able to get just past the beach scene in one hour. I suspect, though, that if I hadn't skipped the cut scenes, I wouldn't have gotten nearly as far in that amount of time.

Go to: