LinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Smiles go to zero for no (apparent to me) reason

[Post New]by LinW on Feb 3, 11 2:13 PM
I've had this happen repeatedly on level 13. Built and elephant and improved it to 3 stars. Bought the other 3 star elephant. They are both functioning, not broken down, but suddenly the "smile meter" goes to 0/16, and I can't build the workshop because I "don't have enough smiles."

Is this a game glitch, or is there something fundamental that I'm missing?

Thanks!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

Re:Smiles go to zero for no (apparent to me) reason

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Feb 3, 11 3:01 PM
For each thing you build in the various section you use smiles. If you already have a delivery service built the smiles are gone for two elephants. Then each upgrade uses more smiles. Each time one of the rides breaks down your smiles go bye-bye for a bit, so I always try to build to double the smiles needed (so instead of 22 which is what I believe it to be to cover the whole field at 3 stars)for the workshop on those levels I tried to make it so I had 44) unless one of the goals is for so much respect? (I don't know if that's what they call it lol). Then I try to at least make enough that if one or two break down I'll still have enough to keep it going. Which on some levels it isn't always possible.

Edit: I went back and replayed level 13 I built 5 elephants all upgraded to the max. Then the rest clothing and 1 magician. So I could upgrade the clothing to the max. Then purchased the wizard school last. I never built a workshop.

BTW if you purchase the wizard school that requires 10 smiley faces to keep it running alone so having only 2 elephant rides upgraded to max is not enough to keep it running and the workshop.

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 3:17:25 PM PST

ClassyDash
Salmon
Salmon
2,638 Posts

[Post New]by ClassyDash on Feb 3, 11 4:16 PM
yea

when a ride breaks down
it no longer supplies smiles
until it is fixed

ClassyDash
Salmon
Salmon
2,638 Posts

[Post New]by ClassyDash on Feb 3, 11 5:15 PM
P.S.

i can't think of any other reason
you would lose the smiles

hmmmmm

LinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by LinW on Feb 3, 11 5:44 PM
FairyonPegasus wrote:For each thing you build in the various section you use smiles. If you already have a delivery service built the smiles are gone for two elephants. Then each upgrade uses more smiles. Each time one of the rides breaks down your smiles go bye-bye for a bit, so I always try to build to double the smiles needed (so instead of 22 which is what I believe it to be to cover the whole field at 3 stars)for the workshop on those levels I tried to make it so I had 44) unless one of the goals is for so much respect? (I don't know if that's what they call it lol). Then I try to at least make enough that if one or two break down I'll still have enough to keep it going. Which on some levels it isn't always possible.

Edit: I went back and replayed level 13 I built 5 elephants all upgraded to the max. Then the rest clothing and 1 magician. So I could upgrade the clothing to the max. Then purchased the wizard school last. I never built a workshop.

BTW if you purchase the wizard school that requires 10 smiley faces to keep it running alone so having only 2 elephant rides upgraded to max is not enough to keep it running and the workshop.

Thanks! I hadn't noticed that about the smiles going to zero when they break down! I'll retry.

Ya'll are super!

[Post New]by corporatecowgirl on Feb 3, 11 8:06 PM
Possibly somewhat of a small glitch. I have notice that sometimes a building or ride doesn't show immediately when it breaks down. I finally got green on 13 with sheer determination and about 50 tries LOL.

ClassyDash
Salmon
Salmon
2,638 Posts

[Post New]by ClassyDash on Feb 5, 11 12:58 PM
guess what

there is a glitch

a candy store broke down on me
it went gray with a hammer over it

i was busy looking at other things and
when i looked back at the candy store
it looked all lit up and functioning but
it would not do anything but
allow me to fix it

so there is a small glitch
in the game somewhere

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Smiles go to zero for no (apparent to me) reason

[Post New]by robin94122 on Mar 12, 11 3:09 PM
LinW wrote:I've had this happen repeatedly on level 13. Built and elephant and improved it to 3 stars. Bought the other 3 star elephant. They are both functioning, not broken down, but suddenly the "smile meter" goes to 0/16, and I can't build the workshop because I "don't have enough smiles."

Is this a game glitch, or is there something fundamental that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Smiles go to 0 for one of two reasons.

1. You stopped producing them. This happens anytime you are doing something else with the property, including improving it (you lose all smiles from the property while it's being improved), offering it for sale, or it's broken.

2. You have used up the smiles by trading them for a special building like a magician's school or a workshop.

Say you have a swingset improved to produce 12 smiles. There's a little 12 next to that Swingset, and the smile counter up in the top left shows 12/12.

Now you use 10 smiles to build the workshop. The swingset still has a little 12, but the smile meter will go down to 2. That's because you spent 10 smiles building the workshop.

Everytime you improve a special meeting that takes smiles, you're using some up. That's why the meter goes down as you add stars to those buildings.

So you may have run into a glitch, but more likely you either were improving a building that produces smiles (causing it to temporarily go down) or you spent some smiles improving a building that costs smiles.

[Post New]by aliliaquat on Apr 16, 12 11:53 PM
your absolutely right...

Go to: