Carolg01
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

Future Features Maybe?

[Post New]by Carolg01 on Dec 6, 08 2:06 PM
Hi Ryan and all - There are some things I would like to see in future versions of this game (which I am thoroughly enjoying, BTW) - Some of the things I would love to see include:

Collectibles - I would love to see my folks recognize and collect things they walk across. While I realize this might give too many reagents and dusts, it would be nice to have those stocks increase when I'm not around
View - It would be great to be able to see behind things. Right now if I have something that ends up behind something else (like a star behind a building) I can't get to it..
View - See through - Like Roller Coaster Tycoon, it would be great to be able to see through solid objects - The reason I mention this is that while I was away my first person died, but I can't find the gravestone and I would love to know who I lost..
Science Points - I would love to see science points be convertible to something else, like star dust or something
Genealogy - It would be wonderful to know who the parents and children are in relation to each other. I would hate to mate a brother and sister (ewwww)
Search Function - I would love to be able to search for a specific person - I have one super being that I plan to make my oldest living person, and I have to search through one at a time
Likes and dislikes - This one may not be possible, but it would help to know what someone's propensity is or is not before I send someone with a fear of sharks into the ocean

I'm sure there are others, but these are the main ones I can think of at the moment - Thanks for listening! Carol

Carolg01
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

Re:Future Features Maybe?

[Post New]by Carolg01 on Dec 8, 08 2:20 PM
Hmmm - That's maybe worse than mating siblings... In this country it will get you a jail sentence <LOL>.

[Post New]by XwaterdragonX on Dec 8, 08 2:59 PM
Something I thought of this morning, not using the same sounds for stars and moondust as are in the songs. There are windchimes in the songs in certain places, and every time I hear them I have to double check the place in the song to make sure that the chimes were actually for a star or moon. I agree with being able to see behind things.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Dec 8, 08 4:41 PM
Oh yes, everytime I hear that chime I go straight to to the map! What I would like is to be able to build a store to purchase rare items like lodestone, or special pre-made potions, or specialty food items, or hand-crafted pots, toys, baskets, linens.... Something to spend that vast future accumulation of tech points on!

nicoquebec
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by nicoquebec on Dec 9, 08 4:03 PM
Hello Sea players
In addition of Carole's suggestion : to have possibility to choose orientation of building, like for huts.
And for the chims, I just turn off the music and keep sound effects to avoid confusion of my poor brain !!!

nicoquebec
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by nicoquebec on Dec 9, 08 4:04 PM
And sorry Carol, I used french spelling of your name !!!!

manndiee
Stingray
Stingray
5,395 Posts

[Post New]by manndiee on Dec 9, 08 4:24 PM
I would love to see some people left on the island, once you get the ark and set sail, so that they can still live there and populate.

Maybe a section for the tribesman to make necklaces, crowns, etc. as a way of trading for other things that may be needed. Having visitors come to the island bringing something new to grow or livestock to raise.

Also, how about a way to make tribesmen feel better if they eat a starfish or just don't feel well. Maybe a shaman or medicine man.

Or a way to make a fishing net, catching sea urchins, or even kelp to help round out their diet.

How about some coconuts or something for them to drink on the hotter days.

Celebrations of holidays. Their own little made up holidays for the island.

Carolg01
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Carolg01 on Dec 11, 08 2:42 PM
XwaterdragonX wrote:Something I thought of this morning, not using the same sounds for stars and moondust as are in the songs. There are windchimes in the songs in certain places, and every time I hear them I have to double check the place in the song to make sure that the chimes were actually for a star or moon. I agree with being able to see behind things.

That would be a great enhancement - It occurred to me too today that it would be nice if the Celestial Observatory actually directed the folks to pick UP the stuff - Probably asking too much

Carolg01
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Carolg01 on Dec 11, 08 2:48 PM
manndiee wrote:I would love to see some people left on the island, once you get the ark and set sail, so that they can still live there and populate.

Maybe a section for the tribesman to make necklaces, crowns, etc. as a way of trading for other things that may be needed. Having visitors come to the island bringing something new to grow or livestock to raise.

Also, how about a way to make tribesmen feel better if they eat a starfish or just don't feel well. Maybe a shaman or medicine man.

Or a way to make a fishing net, catching sea urchins, or even kelp to help round out their diet.

How about some coconuts or something for them to drink on the hotter days.

Celebrations of holidays. Their own little made up holidays for the island.

Holidays would be great too - Did you ever play VV? They had a day of celebration of "The Giving Hand" (or something like that). I was so ticked because of course, I was the hand

The only hitch to leaving some folks on the island is that they would need to be able to make babies on their own. Otherwise the tribe would die out. I'm not sure I want my folks to do that on my current island because I remember one of my first VV games - I made a guy a parent, and when I came back my village had gone from something like 47 (manageable at the time) to almost 200! (Sy yi yi yi yi!). Soooo, be careful what you wish for there. I learned to just make women the parents after that

I LOVE your idea about other people coming in to trade - That would be awesome...

Carolg01
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Carolg01 on Dec 11, 08 2:49 PM
nicoquebec wrote:And sorry Carol, I used french spelling of your name !!!!

No worries - I actually wish my mother had added the "e" to the end - That would have been much more fun

diannb
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by diannb on Dec 12, 08 6:49 AM
Great ideas for a future version of the game. I'd like to see them have pets -- dogs and cats to take care of -- maybe they could learn to go fetch mushrooms and other materials

[Post New]by midnightrizer on Jan 4, 09 3:39 AM
The picking them up to move them is rotten selecting them and point and click on where u want them to go would be Much much better ;at least i think so anyone agree?
and yes a family tree would be great.

suepeas
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by suepeas on Jan 4, 09 3:25 PM
hi all,

i would love to see a buiding for the bathroom/shower.

we could have someone dedicated as baby sitter.

also see them interact with each other, like stand and talk to each other.

pick up the stars and moon when we are away.

carry the babies or hold their hands when they are toddlers.

all different cultures, like black, white, mexican and so on.

a place for us to add potion lists as we come across them, or how to solve the misteries.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jan 5, 09 1:21 PM
I think all the suggestions are great - especially being able to see 'through' things to look for headstones when someone dies. How horrible for people to not know you're dead, lol.

I would also like for the company who makes this game to make sure there aren't so many glitches when they release it to the public. Even after BF released a 'fix' for the game, I still have a lot of glitches in my game. The developer really needs to pay more attention - what good are new things if they don't have the 'old' one fixed right?

Happy day everyone!

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on Jan 5, 09 2:06 PM
There are some fantastic ideas here .. I hope they get taken up if there is a second My Tribe

MyChicken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by MyChicken on Jan 8, 09 10:42 PM
I would like to be able to write my epitaph on my people's tombstone. If you are found of a particular tribesperson the generic epitaph just isn't enough.

chimenesryan
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by chimenesryan on Feb 5, 09 8:00 PM
How about the stat screen (when you hit the map in lower left corner of game) was for just that particular island/screen name? I play two or three games at once, and it mixes them altogether. Especially play time. It's showing over 1000 hours lol but I know on my latest one, only about 4 hours right now. It'd be nice if that was set to the current name you are playing under.

I like all the above ideas, it'd be nice if the developer of the game came and posted on whether they saw them or not, and if they are even planning on doing a second My Tribe.

teresab313
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by teresab313 on Feb 8, 09 6:44 PM
Excellent ideas!! My top ones are: the ability to pick up star/moon dust and mushrooms on their own, and the ability to rotate views or see through buildings. On the tradng idea, it would be nice to be able to use the seashells and other "debris" to create jewelry, artwork, etc. and expand the art skills to include these creations, because new clothes aren't the only thing our people must want, right? And those same items can be used to trade with other tribes ::hint, hint::
I love the idea of pets, too!

Go to: