bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Wedding Salon

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 4, 11 7:43 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Wedding Salon? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread LINK.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Wedding Salon

[Post New]by Gieyo on Feb 4, 11 8:11 AM
The game mechanic is nothing new (very similar to the Sally Saloon series, for example), although the setting is slightly different: You're about to get married and want to use the experience you gather in your new job at a wedding saloon in order to plan your perfect wedding.

The graphs are cute but nothing to die for (I thought they looked a bit blurred but that may be to give one of those "dreamy soft" looks as in the flashbacks of some movies ).
The music is repetitive and gets a bit cacophonic when you hear the disco soundtrack under the music-box melody (music box is one of the upgrades). Still, I've heard worse.

Besides directing your customers to the correct service, you have to satisfy their demands in minigames (chose the match / unique item, depending on the case). Personally, I get upset after a while with these pop-up minigames as they cut the action (not so much the game's but ones own as your clicking is not aknowledged if the pop up is being launched at that time).
There are also a sort of HOG minigame that allows you to earn skills (charisma = more tips, speed the third I can't remember,sorry) & customer , and a more frantic version of the popup minigames whenever you have a "sale".
The money you earn serves to upgrade your station's services and gadgets.

Besides from earning skills & improving your business, the aim of the game is to get Expert score in order to get points that will allow you to purchase the "ingredients" for your perfcet wedding (dress, cake etc...).
Achieveing Expert score is tricky in some specific levels, but generally speaking the difficulty is not too high if you are a TMG habitual.

Although the gameplay pace is ok, I did think the pace at which the main character moves and the speed of the stations are relatively slow compared to the little patience of some of the customers. I found this slightly upsetting as the game seemed at times to be limited because the slow walk of the gal prevented you from vacating chairs/stations soon enough as to stop customers from leaving (I had more trouble in this game with clients leaving than in the Sally Series, for example). Even if you locate all the heart/roses throughout the levels (they increase the heart rating of the customers), it is still sometimes hard to get Expert.

I'd say it is an ok game but I won't be putting it up on my wish list (although I admit the theme and the slow walk may have some weight in my decision ).

Happy gaming!

Edited on 02/04/2011 at 8:17:24 AM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 4, 11 10:47 AM
The graphics are lovely. The gameplay is TM (time management). The main character is running wedding salons and trying to make everyone happy. You have fitting areas, styling areas, jewelry, gift and massage areas. With each map you pass as expert, you can design your own wedding area. The cast of characters that you help are fun and interesting. The storyline is sweet and romantic.

This game is an A-. There are upgrades that go from city to city, so once you buy an upgrade, it's yours. Love that!!!!

hpottermad
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,199 Posts

[Post New]by hpottermad on Feb 4, 11 11:16 AM
I really like this game I wasn't sure at first as there were hardly any reviews. I actually prefer this to wedding dash -I didn't like the 4th one. This is my first review and others have already said what I had wanted to say with more extent. I have played 18levels so far and I really like it. The graphics are sweet and you can choose your own wedding items such as the cake wedding decorations and so on. You can also hire some help for the hair styling process. There are lots of upgrades including a wedding musical box and coffee to calm people down. What I like is that you don't need to be standing next to the coffee for it to work, there are also little red hearts and roses that you can click on in the background to calm customers down.
From what I have played so far there are a variety of customers and what I like is in the next area the upgrades that you have already unlocked crossover so you don't have to start all over again. Click and drag works very well. Holly's speed is a little slow but at the end of competing one venue you get a star that you can either use to upgrade her speed or tips. So that was handy.
There is something sweet about wedding games and aside from wedding dash there aren't really any other decent wedding TM games.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Feb 4, 11 11:57 AM
Good solid reviews everybody. Thank you. The theme of this game is not really for me, but I think the game is well done & imo is better than the Sally Salon & Spa games. Customers are better developed with distinct personalities & lengths of patience. Agree the coffee upgrade is great because as long as you keep turning it on & off it automatically sends out cups to whichever customer is unhappiest w/o you having to run around. The taking photos section is kind of cute. All in all, not really my thing, but a well done game & I'm sure little girls would like it.

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Feb 4, 11 2:46 PM
Thanks for the coffee upgrade tip. I was probably not going to purchase this upgrade as all the other games I've played you have to keep clicking on the machine and then give out the drinks. When it gets busy (obviously that's when its most useful) I end up forgetting to hand out the drinks so don't reap the benefits of having it.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Feb 4, 11 4:08 PM
cute and fun! this game really isn't breaking any ground with the wedding theme or style of game play but i am really enjoying it. all the of the previous positive comments pretty much have summed up the good points of this game. the graphics are cute, the game play is fun and you'll go crazy sometimes trying to keep up, it can be a real challenge! the only thing that might be a negative to some people is that it can get really clicky and the pop-up mini-games take priority so they might interfere with actions just like on the sally and craze games. over-all i'd say this game is a pretty good TM game with a definite cute factor that will be appealing to many but not all. happy gaming

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Feb 4, 11 6:37 PM
I am glad I demoed this game. The hour went by so fast, that I just had to purchase it, to keep playing. It is a lot of fun, I like the mini-games between levels, where you can earn extra money for buying the upgrades. I like the fact that the customers don't lose their patience too fast, like many of these TM games. Since I am not all that fast, I get stuck very quickly on games like Diner Dash and Cake Mania. However, so far, this game is just right for my game-playing ability and I even earned Expert on some of the levels.
By getting expert, you get points to use toward decorating your house--which really adds to the interest in the game.
And the coffee machine is great, I just keep clicking like crazy on it, and it really helps increase the customer's happiness.

pixie30
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by pixie30 on Feb 5, 11 1:24 AM
I really like this game and bought it as soon as the trial ended. Finally, a good TM game!

[Post New]by crissimorris on Feb 5, 11 1:42 AM
Cute game - I agree with earlier posters that this is better than the last Wedding Dash. Challenging - have had to replay levels a couple times. I do like that you can carry the upgrades from level to level

Ppapier
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Ppapier on Feb 5, 11 3:47 AM
Just some little comments : I too bought the game after the end of the trial version.
Find the graphics pretty and like the wedding area a lot.Its not "to die for" ,but to live with during many hours of fun.LOVE TM games (they are my favorites) and find this one challenging after the first levels.
I enjoy the mini-games too and,of course,the upgrades.
On my eyes it has nothing to do with "Wedding Dash",its not the same concept,both games have just the wedding theme in common,nothing else.But it can easily be compared with Sally's Salon.I prefer "Wedding", because of many interesting details.
I have already played during hours and I think that I am still far from the end.

Its a very good game for me.AND : No technical issues.

abaumga2
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by abaumga2 on Feb 5, 11 10:20 AM
I like this game, although it does get very hard to get expert on all levels. I have been trying to achieve expert on level 6-1 for several hours so far. A real challenge for TM experts.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Feb 5, 11 10:45 AM
pixie30 wrote:I really like this game and bought it as soon as the trial ended. Finally, a good TM game!

I like it too and I'm going to buy it.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Feb 5, 11 11:09 AM
As a newbie to these type games, I am enjoying it.

But when do I get upgraded to 2 gold stars to upgrade my wedding? I am on 1 star 35. Most of my levels are done on expert.

cons - when you click and drag a person to where you want to go, it is annoying when a mini game pops up and it doesn't let me finish what I am doing.

- Also when you click on someone to add them to your queue, and the mini game pops up in the middle of it, you have to do it again.
-And it's very easy to click on the item beside the person, and then you have to click twice, to get the person added to the queue.

pros - Although the mini games are annoying (see above) sometimes, it does provide different gameplay which is good.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Feb 5, 11 5:22 PM
Very nice, cheerful, happy, and fun! It's good once on while to play these type of games, I usually play mystery, hidden object, ghosts etc.,, so I have enjoyed!! Cheers!!

[Post New]by crashandboom on Feb 5, 11 7:54 PM
Like this game though probably not a buy for me unless it comes available as a DD. Oddly didn't care if I got to expert level, which isn't like me. LOVE the coffee going where it needs to make customers happy and seems like the more attention I pay to coffee, roses and hearts, the better I do. Hate those sounds the customers make when you move them around, always feel like I'm disturbing their deep thoughts.

Upgrading the main character's speed didn't seem that much of a help, would prefer more flexibility in that upgrade area. Why do I have to upgrade one level in all three areas before I can get second upgrade in any one? Why?

Wasn't sure I would take to the "washed out" colors but it all makes sense in the game. Don't care for decorating the wedding scene too much, and the mini games are very repetitive. All in all, didn't think I'd like it as much as I did since the Sally's Salon games tend to bore me, but this was at least good for the trial. Try it and you might be surprised!

Edited on 02/05/2011 at 7:55:26 PM PST

Emmy142
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Emmy142 on Feb 6, 11 7:05 AM
I played Sally's Salon and really enjoyed it. I don't know why, but I did not enjoy this game. I found the pop up mini games highly annoying, it kept interrupting my game play and the flow of the game. I realize that Sally's had this too but not to this extreme. I found the characters moved too slowly for my liking.

There were no technical issues and the artwork was very lovely but I did not enjoy this and was happy when the hour demo was over.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Feb 6, 11 7:17 AM
Really enjoyed this game and ended up purchasing it. From the reviews, I expected this to be Sally's Salon but in another setting. To me, the feel of the game is completely different. Sure there are some similarities such as moving customers from station to station but the gameplay is unique enough that it feels like an entirely different game. The way that the upgrades work really changes the feel - also, the mini pop ups in this game don't feel like a chore the way it does in some of the Sally games. The mini games in between some levels to earn extra cash were fun too. Another thing that is very different from the Sally games is that you are chaining in this game rather than just serving customers. Also, many of the customers have distinctive quirks and qualities, which brings strategy into the game. Even if you think you have played enough salon games to last you a lifetime, I would give this one a try - it's different enough that you may be pleasantly surprised.

[Post New]by Sunshine3825 on Feb 6, 11 1:46 PM
Nice game. Enjoyed playing but was really short. Finished too quickly.

[Post New]by 39queenvictoria on Feb 6, 11 2:39 PM
This game is okay. I was desperately awaiting a new TMJ games so I bought this one. The main character is very slow, I enjoyed decorating the wedding scenes. I finished game in a few hours and started replaying for expert. I will be looking for another TMJ game to play real soon as this one is to easy.

Go to: