Hey_j
Flounder
Flounder
2,098 Posts

Am I missing something?? I'm just not getting ...

[Post New]by Hey_j on Feb 4, 11 2:09 PM
What's so great about this game?? I've got my people situated on their island, they're fishing, gathering wood and stones, building their huts and the like, VERY SLOWLY, also picking up stars and the occasional moon that lands, and mostly walking around 'resting'! Some will get back to work if I put them on a project and some refuse to do it, walking away! I do have the science lab in place, food storage, wood storage, stone storage, 4 huts and 2 of my people have produced children that have now grown up!

Oh, and I've put in two gardens, too!

I'm rather bored! It's too 'real time' I suppose, for me. I guess I'm impatient and want some action. Does that ever happen--anything exciting or is it slow life on an island, with mostly dull walking around?

I really don't mean to offend those who just love it--I'm just trying to figure out if I'm not doing something right!

Otherwise, I'm rather sorry I spent a credit on this one! :o(

Edited on 02/04/2011 at 2:11:03 PM PST

zed_dee2
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:Am I missing something?? I'm just not getting ...

[Post New]by zed_dee2 on Feb 4, 11 4:33 PM
Hi

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels like that!

My little people potter around, making marvellous discoveries like a cloud shaped like a rabbit (how would they know what a rabbit looks like anyway, as there don't seem to be any on the islands?)

They don't tell anyone about this amazing discovery though, as they don't even talk to each other.

I leave them wandering around when I shut down the PC, & when I come back, half of them have popped their clogs anyway.

All seems like a pretty pointless exercise really.......

Z

carthappy
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by carthappy on Feb 6, 11 11:23 AM
I have had this game for some time, and felt the same, that is was too "slow". It is good, though, in that I can do something else while the game is on. I work with clay and do some chainmail, both of which lend themselves to downtime. In those times, I check for barrels, science points or construction.
It's still pretty boring, anyway. But, it seems like all the new games coming out are so dark and dreary, I'll stick with My Tribe and Wandering Willows, and hope sequels come out.....sigh
Oh, zed_dee2, what does "popped their clogs" mean?

Hey_j
Flounder
Flounder
2,098 Posts

[Post New]by Hey_j on Feb 6, 11 12:08 PM
Oh good--It's not 'just' me, then! I guess it's a good thing that we're all unique in some way, even to our taste in game-action and (the like) or else we'd REALLY have something to be bored about!!

zed_dee2
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by zed_dee2 on Feb 6, 11 7:18 PM

Hi Carthappy

'popped their clogs' means the same as 'snuffed it', 'shuffled off this mortal coil', 'turned their toes up'- or just plain died!

All wonderful old English sayings!

Z

carthappy
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by carthappy on Feb 7, 11 9:46 AM
zed_dee2 wrote:

Hi Carthappy

'popped their clogs' means the same as 'snuffed it', 'shuffled off this mortal coil', 'turned their toes up'- or just plain died!

All wonderful old English sayings!

Z

Oh! So many of those wonderful old sayings are lost to "modern" English. Thank you

[Post New]by emilygirlcool on Feb 19, 11 4:41 PM
I disagree.I love my tribe.

Edited on 02/19/2011 at 4:41:28 PM PST

Go to: