bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Phantasmat forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 5, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Phantasmat forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Phantasmat players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

Re:Welcome to Phantasmat forum

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Feb 5, 11 12:33 AM
doin' the happy dance !!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 5, 11 12:38 AM
I am really curious as to how many of us actually bought the CE of this game. Once again, I feel penalized because I did. Here it is Sat and they bring this one out like it is brand new. I am really disappointed we didn't get at least a soft release of another hog. Just hasn't been a good week for me on BF at all. I have only bought one game so far and it is one that I had bought elsewhere, but had already deleted, and not sure where I bought it from initially, and so bought it for my daughter as she had wanted to play it. And I used a punch card credit for it. So far the only game I have bought for me this month is the Dollhouse one, also elsewhere. The review site yesterday listed six new hogs coming soon...but then they have a whole slew of them that haven't yet made it out anywhere, so am not holding my breath. But, as a hog addict, I don't feel valued here at BF anymore. But hey, I am only one person and I value myself, lol. Think I will go order some books instead. By the way, for those of you who haven't played this one, it is good fun, so y'all enjoy.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Feb 5, 11 2:34 AM
I keep waiting for the SE of Treasure Seekers. What happened to that one?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 5, 11 3:02 AM
I agree with you WolfenRaindancer about we do not seem to be having many H0 games lately. What's the betting that we have a deluge soon? LOL!

tuttepeever, looks like you will have at least a 2 week wait for Treasure Seekers as it only came out on BF on 21st. January.
Have fun all, who had the patience to wait for this SE.

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Feb 5, 11 3:03 AM
Well to be on the other side of that coin..I feel penalized when a CE comes out and there is no soft release for another option for those of us that don't or won't purchase those. We are many. Cuts both ways. Just sayin'

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 5, 11 3:16 AM
Journey_1 wrote:Well to be on the other side of that coin..I feel penalized when a CE comes out and there is no soft release for another option for those of us that don't or won't purchase those. We are many. Cuts both ways. Just sayin'

Very much agree. There are more than 2 sides to a discussion

[Post New]by littlecaplin on Feb 5, 11 4:35 AM
Totaly agree with wolfenraindance......I've posted similar comments in the past. Just to add another pet peeve.......paying the same prices across the board for all games excluding CE's.........some of the games released are just garbage and you have to pay the same price for those as you would for a game like 13 skulls. Champagne prices for beer quality! Big fish need to re evaluate their marketing skills

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Feb 5, 11 5:04 AM
I only buy CE when they include bonus play... I have found it well worth the price. These games are very inexpensive and BF really performs a great service to those who want play games and don't want to buy first run editions at $40 or $50 dollars. I am an action/adventure game player and download a IHOG/Adventure in between new releases... waiting for Max Payne 3 right now.

I notice the types of games available on a daily basis vary in type, in order to please all customers. They may want to consider offering a game of genre each day... a tall order. I really like this site, however I have to admit I don't seem to be as avid a player as most base on some of the comments.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Feb 5, 11 5:05 AM
I agree with Peglegann - it works both ways & those of us who don't buy CE's have our turn when the SE finally comes out.
I don't think we can expect a differential price structure for games ( we already have the D/D and Sales) and what is "garbage" to one player is a good game to another.
unless the are real technical problems with a particular game (and in my experience BFG have been very good at dealing with these) then it is up to each of us to decide whether a game is worth the price based upon our own likes and dislikes.
there are a huge number of games that I would not bother to download even if they were free but which are welcomed as great games bu others in the forums.
Conversely, the games I really like are often referd to as "the worst game ever" simply because the poster does not like that type of game.
i think on the whole we have a very good choice at very competitve prices and it is up to us to choose whether they are good value to us personally.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Feb 5, 11 5:06 AM
Two sides to every discussion indeed - I prefer to think of it as champagne quality for beer prices. You have an hour to evaluate every game, and nobody forces you to buy the garbage ones, or the CE ones, come to that.

BF gives us something for everyone, and I for one am quite glad there aren't more of the top quality games or I'd be broke by the middle of the month!

carolwst
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by carolwst on Feb 5, 11 5:59 AM
There are 2 sides and while some CE's seem "worth it" to me, others don't. But there are alot of us folks out there and we all have different tastes. I think BFG does a great job of catering to everyone!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 5, 11 6:10 AM
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”. ~attributed to Abraham Lincoln, part time employee at BFG when he wasn't fighting vampires.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 5, 11 6:16 AM
We seem to have gotten off track as far as discussion of this
particular game, but I'll throw in my two cents.

We all (me included) seem to have days when we are not
happy with the offerings and it's a shame we can't have
a perfect world. BUT, whose world?

Until someone lets me design a game site to meet ALL
of my wishes and NOT include any of my dislikes,
I guess I'll have to suffer through here.

And of course we all should continue to post our feelings,
especially on those "nothing for me" days.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Feb 5, 11 7:56 AM
nwr1948x wrote: doin' the happy dance !!

WOW ! Great game.Have left the final scene for later,don't want it to end

Many thanks BFG.

[Post New]by mysticalguy on Feb 5, 11 11:44 PM
i finished the game!
i bought the CE and NOW i will buy the SE version
haha thanks 4 the game BF!!!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 6, 11 7:51 AM
And how long did this game take to appear on the "New Releases" page today. Seems that each day it takes longer and longer. What happened to adding the new games at midnight? And why is there no reply to my, by now, often repeated question?

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 10:38:45 AM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 6, 11 10:15 AM
WoW! What happened here?? I was just swimming by to see how people were feeling about the game -- much to my surprise no one seems to be posting "about the game". Only 3 posts on the whole page that relate to the topic?????????????????????
m

buffy0620
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by buffy0620 on Feb 6, 11 11:55 AM
Sorry this isn't on the subject, but I need help. Just started BF and have found that many of the games are the same. Any suggestions for mystery games with great graphics? Thanks people.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 6, 11 12:06 PM
buffy0620 wrote:Sorry this isn't on the subject, but I need help. Just started BF and have found that many of the games are the same. Any suggestions for mystery games with great graphics? Thanks people.

Hi buffy,
If you post a new topic in the Chit Chat Corner, you will get a lot of suggestions. Most of those "helpful" players will not see it here. At the top there is a tab "Chi-Chat Corner" Click there and "Create a New Discussion". Then enter the info that you put here. I'm sure you will get many suggestions there. Hope this helps.....
m

Go to: