naedebpat
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

CE v/s SE

[Post New]by naedebpat on Feb 5, 11 12:32 AM
What is the game length difference? If the extra game play is worth it, I'll buy the CE. Wallpaper and the other extras don't matter to me. For double price I prefer a decent amount of extra play.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:CE v/s SE

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 5, 11 1:05 AM
Hi there,
Apart from the extra game play (wallpaper etc doesn't count for me)...an extra hour for me, but I take my time and "enjoy" games...the SG is inbuilt and a part of the cost of the game.
If there has not been a walkthrough posted for this game, I suspect there will be a "cry" for one, when, really, unless there is an actual problem with the programming ... or with the perseverence of the people playing ... neither the SG or the WT are actually required ... unless you are an inexperienced player of these types of games.
However, the extra game in the CE does have merit in that it "solves" one of the mysteries of the original game. Kind of a prequel rather than a complete ending.
However in this case, the game does have an actual ending which does not require playing the extra.
Cheers.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 5, 11 5:50 AM
Thanks, DragonLadyOz.

Just the type of comparison I like to see.
Very informative.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 5, 11 7:25 AM
Thanks, DragonLadyOz

Very appreciated!!!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 5, 11 10:07 AM
Other additions in the CE are:
1) Endless play of the H0 scenes and Match3 scenes. They are like mini-games that you can play whenever you want. Opened after original game play. Play does count toward gaining achievements.
2) Background info on all characters
3) A lot of concept art with explanations and comments

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 5, 11 11:19 AM
Hi there mcurty,
On the ball as usual. I had forgotten about being able to redo the H0 and M3 scenes. etc.
Cheers

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 6, 11 4:55 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there mcurty,
On the ball as usual. I had forgotten about being able to redo the H0 and M3 scenes. etc.
Cheers

Actually, I had forgotten there were M3 games, and still can´t remember them. LOL

I LOVED the game so much that I bought the CE, which had a nice-enough bonus game, but nothing you can´t do without.

honorelle
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by honorelle on Feb 6, 11 6:15 AM
Valdy wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there mcurty,
Cheers

Actually, I had forgotten there were M3 games, and still can´t remember them. LOL

They're an alternative to the H0 scenes - I played the no-hints/skips option and if I'm stuck on just one or two items I switch into M3.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 6, 11 8:41 AM
honorelle wrote:They're an alternative to the H0 scenes - I played the no-hints/skips option and if I'm stuck on just one or two items I switch into M3.

Oh... thank you for reminding me, honorelle. You know, it seems as if it´s been ages since I played the game (and have played several other HOGs in the meantime) and was really wondering when the M3 games came into play.

Cairobat
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Cairobat on Feb 21, 11 12:40 PM
In the CE, do you find out what's behind that door in the pet shop?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 21, 11 1:27 PM
Sorry, Cairobat, no -- that door remains closed.

Go to: