Okiepete
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus

[Post New]by Okiepete on Feb 5, 11 1:09 AM
I never found the passcard so cant get in the safe. I have gone back and looked everywhere, no passcard. Help please. I seem to do a lot of running back and forth. Maybe my age, I am 70 and dont think as fast as I used to.This game reminds me of a movie I saw. Good game but I am slow at it.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 5, 11 1:17 AM
Okiepete wrote:I never found the passcard so cant get in the safe. I have gone back and looked everywhere, no passcard. Help please. I seem to do a lot of running back and forth. Maybe my age, I am 70 and dont think as fast as I used to.This game reminds me of a movie I saw. Good game but I am slow at it.

Hi Okiepete,
Slow is OK -- there are no races to see who finishes the game first for most of us. I really enjoy just relaxing and playing at my own pace. I keep hoping game playing will help me get the brain back in shape, but "senior" moments still happen.

You do know that you can use the map in the lower left to "jump" from place to place, right? Click on the map, click where you want to go, and click the little jump arrow further down.

The passcard is in the safe on the yacht. If I remember right, you need a code to open that safe. There is a postcard that gives you the information. It matches the picture in the villa.

If you need more help, just ask. There will be someone around to help you out.
m

Okiepete
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus

[Post New]by Okiepete on Feb 6, 11 8:13 PM
I still don't have the passcard for the safe in the library. When I go back to the boat the safe is open but I don't know where the card is. I don't remember how I opened the safe on the boat. I looked at the painting and the card but I se no hints as to a combination for the safe. I may just have to start over unless someone knows how to help me.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 6, 11 8:53 PM
Hi Okiepete,
The passcard was in the safe on the boat. You had to turn the dials to match the arms on the postcard (and the painting) to open the safe. You should have clicked on the card inside and it is now in your inventory. That is the passcard that gets into the safe/security room which was behind the bookcase. I think that's all you need to get into the security room.

Are you sure it's not in you inventory? I think you can right click on things and it will tell you what you have. Sometimes it's hard to tell by looking just what you have.

If you've opened the safe and there is nothing left in it and the passcard isn't in your inventory, I don't know what to tell you.
m

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 6, 11 10:54 PM
Okiepete wrote:I still don't have the passcard for the safe in the library. When I go back to the boat the safe is open but I don't know where the card is. I don't remember how I opened the safe on the boat. I looked at the painting and the card but I se no hints as to a combination for the safe. I may just have to start over unless someone knows how to help me.

Hi Okiepete! It's a little confusing whether you have actually opened the safe or not. You say above that you "looked at the painting and the card". If you still have the postcard of the sirens in your inventory, then you have not opened the safe. As mcurty mentioned, you have to use the postcard, and the positioning of the sirens arms, to open the safe on the boat.

If it's not the siren postcard you have in your inventory, what card is it?

Flashmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Flashmom on Apr 26, 12 6:02 PM
Hi Everyone:
I opened the safe, but went to the HO to make sure I had the hint for the combo. When I returned to the safe, it wouldn't turn into a game/puzzle for me to enter the combo. (I had already figured it would be the shapes of the Sirens!)

I guess I have to start all over again, which, I'm not sure it's worth it! The Greek/Roman details are pretty neat, but much of the game is frustrating.

The sad thing is: I started out rough. Then when I started to get the hang of the game, and started liking it, *this* happens. I sure hope there is a fix that someone can give me!

As soon as I posted this, I thought I'd give something else a try. Voile!!!! Thanks for listening to me!!!
Flashmom

Edited on 04/26/2012 at 6:06:09 PM PST

Go to: