QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat

[Post New]by QEIII on Feb 5, 11 5:44 AM
I never play the CE versions, I prefer to wait to get the SE version - old skinflint that I am!

This is an adventure HOG with a twist: you can do Match 3 play instead of or as well as the HOG scenes. So if you are bored silly with doing HOG scenes you can opt to do a M3 instead. Or if you love HOG scenes but get stuck on finding the last 2 or 3 you can switch to M3 to find them that way instead of using hints. This I believe is totally unique to this game and in my opinion is brilliant.

There are 3 modes of play, easy (for complete beginners), normal and hard (no skips or hints whatsoever) and I started playing on normal but think I will switch to the hard now I know about the M3 option. I came across 3 or 4 puzzles in the demo which I love. I've given this a rare 10/10. (I think I've only done that once before).

I'm sure others will give a better review or you can can read them on the CE forum.
A definite buy for me.

Edited on 02/05/2011 at 8:22:16 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Comments and Review

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 5, 11 5:56 AM
Hi QEIII,

A tip from another skinflint. I download both versions
and get double the demo time that way. AND never
play the CE version until the SE is out, so no
temptation.

jericec
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jericec on Feb 5, 11 6:02 AM
Yeah! I'm soooo excited! I have been waiting for this one forever! Can't wait for it to DL forsure purchase for me!

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Feb 5, 11 6:04 AM
QEIII,
Thank you for the review,

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Feb 5, 11 6:44 AM
Thanks abarrett - I'm blushing as I've never ever done a proper review before. And also thanks to joyce2121. But I never play the demo for the CE version just in case I get tempted to buy!! I'm awed by your willpower!

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Feb 5, 11 7:04 AM
I loved this game! I rarely enjoy characters who talk a lot and in other games I tend to ignore them as they can be very irritating. However, the story line and the actors were so good in this game that I did not skip any of the dialogue in this story. Yes, it does have it's faults but they are minor and hardly worth mentioning. Well done! Loved it!

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Feb 5, 11 7:18 AM
I have been waiting for this game. I played the CE and liked it but I don't buy CE's. I have purchased a few in the past and have always been disappointed in them. Now I am downloading and can't wait to play again. I love the M3 and Hidden object combined. If the game is what I remember it to be - will diffinitely buy it.

Was very suprised there were so little reviews-probably all on the CE version, so you may want to check there for other reviews.

Carole

Edited on 02/05/2011 at 7:19:36 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 5, 11 7:26 AM
QEIII wrote:Thanks abarrett - I'm blushing as I've never ever done a proper review before. And also thanks to joyce2121. But I never play the demo for the CE version just in case I get tempted to buy!! I'm awed by your willpower!

It's not willpower, it's limited budget power.

indybabs
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by indybabs on Feb 5, 11 8:14 AM
How do you find the CE Forum to read reviews?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 5, 11 8:23 AM
Hello everyone,

Thanks for getting the Comments and Reviews thread started! I'm just popping in to sticky this so that other players can join in.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Thanks and happy posting!

-bfgArnoStyx

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Feb 5, 11 8:26 AM
indybabs wrote:How do you find the CE Forum to read reviews?

Go to all game forums (tab at top), click, scroll down until you find Phantasmat:CE, click on it. Voila!

mlacerva
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by mlacerva on Feb 5, 11 8:27 AM
How long is this game? The hidden object scenes are very easy, and I feel as if there is no replay value on this game.

Zeela
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Zeela on Feb 5, 11 8:48 AM
Indybabs - If you go to the main page for the standard edition of this game, you will see a link to the collectors edition after the game description.

If you click on that & then in the left hand column under the watch video tab, you will see a link to 'get tips in the forum'. If you click on that the collectors edition forum comes up & you can find the threads for the comments & reviews there.

This might be a long winded way around, but that is how I find it.

I hope this is helpful to you.

indybabs
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by indybabs on Feb 5, 11 8:55 AM
thanks for the help!

Moontan
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Moontan on Feb 5, 11 9:15 AM
I'm going through it with my sister (on the normal difficulty), and we are just in awe of the beautiful graphics and animation of some of the scenery. A lot of HOG games are quite flat and lack animation in backdrops and NPCs. Not so in this game, which really lends to the scary and creepiness factor. (Especially those pictures in the hallway! *shiver*) The music is superb, and very much like the music from Nightfall Mysteries: Ashburg Asylum. (I hope cross referencing games isn't disallowed.) The story line is intriguing and we have a few theories on what is going on. It's no fun when you just /know/ what is happening because things aren't veiled enough.

Anyhow, I hope the end fulfills the promise that the game shows already. I'll be sure to note whether it does or not. And if anyone is looking for a nice, creepy game, this is THE one to get.

Edited on 02/05/2011 at 9:17:08 AM PST

[Post New]by Shannon282007 on Feb 5, 11 9:53 AM
I LOVED this game and i played the whole thing straight through without stopping! i have to say it took me about 7 hours which is a great length for a game. I hate when you get into a game and it ends quickly. The fact that you can play either M3 or HOG is awesome! I've just recently been getting into M3 games so I liked the option in this game. The storyline is intriguing and keeps you interested. the characters are interesting as well and they're not annoying. the acting is actually very well done. I would very highly recommend this game!! I completely loved it and was very satisfied!

AshleyD1979
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by AshleyD1979 on Feb 5, 11 10:35 AM
This was a wonderful game. The artwork, atmosphere, and gameplay reminded me of the Nightfall Mysteries series with 'Curse of the Opera' and 'Asylum Conspiracy' which are some of my favorite games.

Phantasmat definitely makes my top ten. Should take about 6 or so hours to play. It was a little thin on puzzles and I would have liked to have had some more but it certainly wasn't a major drawback.

Really well done.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Feb 5, 11 2:38 PM
This is a A-1 game. Love it. It is almost better than Return to Ravenhearst. It is easier but the graphics are awesome.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 5, 11 4:07 PM
joyce2121 wrote:Hi QEIII,

A tip from another skinflint. I download both versions
and get double the demo time that way. AND never
play the CE version until the SE is out, so no
temptation.

I loved the tip, but it didn't work for this game - played SE first and CE started me over again. I did get further in the game though, repeating it... lol

I'm not enough of a HOG addict to add this one to my collection - which is currently quite full of games I haven't played through yet. But I do want to say that I love the match-3 option in the hidden object scenes. It's a great break from hunting for items, and sometimes taking your eyes off the scene awhile makes it easier to find more stuff yourself too.

Edited on 02/05/2011 at 4:07:55 PM PST

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Feb 5, 11 6:32 PM
My first reaction was very nice graphics but rather boring play - then as I continued and before I knew it my time had expired - not boring at all - a definite buy - and I have to agree to previous comments - the switch option between the **** and the Match 3 games is a new twist and one I like

One drawback is the game play and where one needs to go / to do needs to be a little more clear - the task book is fine but not very helpful.

Overall an 8 on a 10 point schale

Off to buy and find out what happens next
[Story line is pretty good once the initial car crash is over]

Go to: