Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by queticogal on Jul 10, 14 1:29 PM
am in level 27 and screen freezes at both city square (dolls and train) and at ancient park (above the door).
am forced to control/alt/delete to shut program down.
have uninstalled and re-installed several time, but no better.
have a brand new PC with top of the line graphics, lots of ram, lots of storage and Windows 7
help please!

24gsma47
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by 24gsma47 on Jul 10, 14 2:04 PM
I've been working on "The King's Problem" quest.
The final task is "Go and find out what Henry the Archaeologist may need."
Here's the reply I keep receiving when I click on Henry: "I will have a favor to ask from you, but you’ll have to wait until the next context update."
SERIOUSLY??? I've completed all the prior tasks but now can't finish the quest?? HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

tylia2003
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tylia2003 on Jul 10, 14 8:20 PM
Where is the update for Henry the Archeologist?

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Jul 11, 14 5:00 AM
You will have to wait for the next update, all characters tell you the same at this moment, i.e. that they will ask you a favor but only after the next content update ...

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jul 11, 14 1:17 PM
queticogal wrote:am in level 27 and screen freezes at both city square (dolls and train) and at ancient park (above the door).
have a brand new PC with top of the line graphics, lots of ram, lots of storage and Windows 7
help please!

Discovered, quite by accident today, that if you are using a laptop with a touch pad and "scroll" and click, it closes the window for you so you can shut the prg down from teh task bar Probably works if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel too: just scroll and click

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 11, 14 6:20 PM
I have had it with this game. I just installed the update - was forced to do it - and now I get the "cannot connect to server" in my friends section. Deja vu feeling anyone?

The cannot connect message came right away when I clicked on "install update", and then it happens just about every few seconds in my friend section. I am tired of the repeated performance. Had a lot of trouble with this a couple of updates ago.

BTW, this also happens in the main game scenes, not just the friends section. Not once did I get this message with the last updated version. And no, I don't access the game at any different time than I usually do.

Edited on 07/11/2014 at 6:32:11 PM PST

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Jul 11, 14 7:16 PM
I had 4 items on my wish list. With the new update installed, I tried to remove one of the items so I could change to another item. Clicked the red - (minus sign) and game froze up. Restarted the game and the item had been removed so I added the new item and played on.

TwoTonFury
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by TwoTonFury on Jul 11, 14 7:39 PM
queticogal wrote:am in level 27 and screen freezes at both city square (dolls and train) and at ancient park (above the door).
help please!

I'm not sure if I'm having the same issue "freezing", but when I go to these two locations, the HOS appears but there are no items or list of items to find. And yes--I have to ctrl/alt/del to get out of it too. Hopefully the developers will have an update soon to fix this.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Jul 11, 14 8:24 PM
WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE MY WISH LIST THE GAME FREEZES THE ONLY WAY TO CONTINUE IS USING THE TASK MANAGER TO END THE GAME. AN RESTARTING THE GAME. VERY HARD TO PLAY THIS WAY. PLEAS FIX THE ISSUE. I DO NOT KNOW IF IT WAS THIS UPDATE OF THE LAST. MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP FOR 2 MONTHS. BUT IT DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM BEFORE IT WENT IN.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 12, 14 12:34 AM
Social page still isn't working at all for me, but at least it isn't frozen anymore, and I can X out and get back to my game page. Still get the no server connection message upon opening the game and I did get the same message several times during the game, but it did still re-connect immediately.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jul 12, 14 2:35 AM
with this new update I have now a lot of "no server connection", no matter where I am in the game !!!!!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 12, 14 3:01 AM
That's exactly what I get now, gernespieler. I do click on "Retry" each time, and I do get to continue the game, but that's no fun. One time I was in a middle of crafting something when this message came up. For a minute there I wasn't sure whether I would get the object I was in the middle of crafting or whether I would lose it. Thank goodness, I was able to continue after clicking the "Retry" button, but that's not the way a game should play.

Frankly, with all the crap we are getting with a game that needs to be online when you play it, I rather not have the friends and gift section, and be done with the "have to be connected to the server or tough luck" attitude I get in the game. I want to play a game without having to worry every step of the way that something unforeseeable is going to happen. No wonder Elephant Games never opened up the Friends and Gift section in their FOUND game. Much better gameplay that way. No hassle, no stress, no "not connected" nonsense.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jul 12, 14 3:53 AM
Just want to thank you guys for mentioning the problem with the update: I got the message that one was available, but I X'd it and played on, deciding to check here before I downloaded it. Glad I did. I will continue stockpiling and saving coins (need 30000 to craft some pet) and hope that the news here will improve, then I will install it. Good luck to those of you pressing on

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 12, 14 5:01 AM
I have decided to stop playing, and will only gift until I have given away most of my more important objects. I am just real tired of this game now. I have been playing since Christmas last year, and frankly, if I have to go one more time into the same HOS I have been in for the last 7 months, I am going to scream.
Even the new HOS and new scenes don't make it any more fun. Besides, all these glitches - with me it's "only" the not being connected to the server" at the moment, but all the other glitches I had to deal with over the months, it just stopped being fun.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jul 12, 14 5:27 AM
FYI - the "unable to connect to server" seems not to be related to the update. I have not updated, and yet had this message several times; QED - it their actual server that is at fault

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Jul 12, 14 6:28 AM
I am sad to admit that I too have now had enough
these glitches are just way too much
I do feel it is insulting to so many loyal players to put out an obviously untested update again and again
With so many reporting the same issues over and over
I went in after bravely updating and tried to remove an item from my wish list
apart from the fact that the social area is taking way too long to load and the whole process of sorting out the daily giving and accepting is taking too long,I too got frozen out and back to task manager.
No pleasure at all from this game now
scenes with no items and the constant "Oh no not again" feeling has spoilt it for me now
If only there were more distractions and a few Games to play,but they do not seem to listen to the cries of upset.
spinning a wheel and throwing some dice just does not do it
we need something to look forward to,a possible challenge coming,anything other than back to the same HOS over and over.
I have stuck with it as I like a challenge but this too much

level 26 and again I have to wait till something is fixed

wendy

joezee
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by joezee on Jul 12, 14 6:47 AM
Glad to hear I am not the only one experiencing the "cannot connect to server" problem. On the other hand, I am sorry that so many are having the problem. If BFG's server is at fault, sounds like I may have to stay away for awhile until it is fixed The positive spin on this is that my finger gets a break.

Edited on 07/12/2014 at 9:57:16 AM PST

jen8973
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by jen8973 on Jul 12, 14 7:48 AM
I thought I was going crazy thinking I was the only one with that cant connect to server problem I have not been able to see my wish list or gifts and it hasnt updated my friends info I was so excited to see the update thought all these problems were going to get fixed I was wrong HEY BFG WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO FIX THE CURRENT PROBLEMS NOT KEEP CREATING MORE FIX YOUR SERVER ISSUES YOU HAVE ALOT OF UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Jul 12, 14 9:27 AM
Ever since I downloaded the update for this game, I cannot not connect to it. I have to use my cntrl/alt/delete to get out of the game and I close down my computer but when I come back on line the game is still running and I can't shut it down or uninstall it. I can't play any of my other games because it tells me I already have a game running. When this game comes up on my computer it says connecting, then goes on saying something about checking cloud, checking characters, and something else I can't remember. Please help as I am going on vacation soon and I want these games working.

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jul 12, 14 9:29 AM
wist list on social page freezes

Go to: