Senior Citizens sign in!!

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by lawaters on Nov 6, 17 6:27 PM
Hi everyone! I just posted a thread about an oddity with Resource Mart animation "pausing" when it's out of view and not adding the resources to your total.

Both my devices are iOS, playing two different games of GD. The oddity shows up on both.

I listed the steps to check for this quirk in the thread. If anyone is interested and has a chance to check, I'm curious if you see the same behavior.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
682 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 6, 17 6:54 PM
Lawaters you are dead right! I checked it out and have posted in your thread, just one more thing to keep an eye on

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Nov 6, 17 7:40 PM
Trav3lbird wrote:Lawaters you are dead right! I checked it out and have posted in your thread, just one more thing to keep an eye on

I saw your post! Thank you for checking that. I didn't notice it right away and have no idea when this started to happen. I'd guess it's at least for the last month, maybe more.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 7, 17 2:42 AM
I just posted in that thread too on that issue. there is definitely a problem with the marts/tabs/emptying etc. Might help if everyone who is having issues with the problem that lawaters has reported, and the one I did a while ago about the tabs, report these to the techies or customer support so they get the picture that there really is a problem and they can work to fix it up, as its REALLY annoying.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,067 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 10, 17 2:32 AM
Hello everyone
Got Cairo today for four days
Good break since I'm still suffering in Seoul

Have a nice day
Marie

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 10, 17 9:10 AM
I was shocked to see Cairo for 4 days as this is the very first time I have seen a city offered for a limited time on a PC platform and I have been playing since March 2017. Might check it out later today. No time right now. Maybe PC players will be offered event cities soon too. We can only hope.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 10, 17 8:16 PM
Does anyone know why Vladivostok has a shield/icon instead of a regular circle like every other city on the GD map? I thought maybe it was only like that prior to completing it, but notice its still showing with the shield/icon but no other city, including the ones after it have changed from the green circle format, red prior to being opened. Any clues?

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
682 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 10, 17 8:54 PM
Jules, I think it has to do with the original developers being from Vladivostok so they are entitled to little bit of recognition - also the faces for the missions and HH are “real” people -or at least I think so

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 10, 17 9:29 PM
I remember someone mentioning that when it was opened, that makes sense and I too thought they looked like real people. Just interesting that its got the shield instead of the dot.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
682 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 11, 17 12:46 PM
It was going to be a world record for how far a senior lady could throw an iPad! If the powers that be don’t stop putting fatuous remarks “world famous” across a difficult timed level so I keep losing valuable time waiting for it to b.....* off!! I know we have brought this up many times but they never take notice so I am just letting off a head of steam

Invisible buttons

[Post New]by Lizziebgood on Nov 11, 17 3:23 PM
I discovered a weird thing last night. I had got to level 100 in Abu Dhabi and didn't have enough resources to build the monument. Then I accidently clicked where the button for level 101 would be situated and up popped level 101 to play! I could carry on to level 120 without building monuments. Try it. It worked also for my daughter in Hawaii. No real benefit as the monuments probably have to be build sometime.

[Post New]by Froggieloveyou on Nov 11, 17 10:00 PM
Finally got out of Seoul and now grinding through Havana. Took your advice and took a weekend break to Lisbon. Just as I was girding my loins to return to Havana, up popped Cairo! Loving it!

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 11, 17 11:46 PM
Hi lizziebgood, I was curious about your comment so
I tried it in Cairo, touched the spot where level 11 would be and lo and behold I was on level 11, continued doing it all the way to level 20 without building the first monument!
Interesting idea!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,326 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 12, 17 5:57 AM
Weird, it worked in Abu Dhabi for level 61 too. I wonder how long that has been possible. Since it doesn't show I never tried tapping the empty areas.

snowmanvt
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Nov 12, 17 6:46 AM
The story of my life......right after I built the 11th monument in Adu Dhabi I checked this forum and this great tip showed up. I will certainly use it in the future tho.

By the way, watch out for Abu Dhabi 109. It is a killer. Could not do it without one extra moves and two shovels.

kailuaauntie
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Nov 12, 17 8:39 AM
Morning Trav3lbird. Not content with banners that hide the board, they’ve now added a really annoying red box that flashes on at the top of the board “YOU HAVE — SECONDS LEFT”. Makes my teeth hurt, it does! So much for my “head of steam.” Happy gaming everyone.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,067 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 12, 17 9:05 AM
Thanks a lot for this helpful information!
I'm on level 100 in Seoul and was able to go on level 101 without building the monument on level 100. I' m curious to know wether I'll be able or not to leave this city without completing the monuments. Have first to reach the last level.

Another thing. Missed a day and have to restart the daily chest at the beginning
So be careful and don't forget to play at least one level every day

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 12, 17 9:08 AM
Hi everyone, I see our little conversation about the moves bypassing the monuments has expanded a bit. I'm gonna try a little science experiment by completing all three tiers of a ten block prior to completing the previous monument, you see the monuments activate the ten block rewards, so what happens if you complete the tiers ahead of time? Stay tuned fans, I'll have an answer to that shortly!

[Post New]by Lizziebgood on Nov 12, 17 9:29 AM
Looking forward to the results. It is fun when you discover these little anomalies.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
866 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Nov 12, 17 9:38 AM
GamingGrampa, was wondering about that too, tried that in Caïro, but didn’t manage to get all tiers yet... curious what will happen!

Go to: