misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

Oh oh, game glitch??

[Post New]by misty5 on Feb 5, 11 7:19 AM
I seem to be trapped in the hotel lobby. Just returned from the ruined city, ran into the hotel owner in the lobby and listened to his ramblings on the old town and the mayor who mysteriously died (or disappeared). I'm supposed to be looking for "number" clues elsewhere, but I'm stuck in the lobby! No exit arrows pop up anywhere on the screen, so I can't go to the basement, upstairs, or back outside. Am I just missing something, or am I really trapped? That would be a shame, as I'd hate to start the game all over again. Help appreciated!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Oh oh, game glitch??

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 5, 11 7:39 AM
misty5 wrote:I seem to be trapped in the hotel lobby. Just returned from the ruined city, ran into the hotel owner in the lobby and listened to his ramblings on the old town and the mayor who mysteriously died (or disappeared). I'm supposed to be looking for "number" clues elsewhere, but I'm stuck in the lobby! No exit arrows pop up anywhere on the screen, so I can't go to the basement, upstairs, or back outside. Am I just missing something, or am I really trapped? That would be a shame, as I'd hate to start the game all over again. Help appreciated!

I'm not sure what's going on with your game, misty5. Did you collect all the gears in the ruined town? You should be able to get into the cellar or at least back to the ruined town. Did you scroll your cursor along the bottom of your screen to see if it will turn to a navigational arrow and allow you to "back out" of the scene? Sorry. If it won't let you move, you may indeed be well and stuck, and may have to start over. What happens if you just shut down your game then go back in?

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

Re:Oh oh, game glitch??

[Post New]by misty5 on Feb 5, 11 10:06 AM
I couldn't get any directional arrows to pop up, but managed to get "unstuck" at last by clicking on the screen right in the cellar doorway. When I did that, it replayed the nightmare sequence of the man being choked, and when that ended the directional arrows were working again and I scooted the heck out of there - fast! Thanks for your help.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 5, 11 10:12 AM
Thanks, misty, for letting us know what worked for you. Seems to be a little problem with the cut-scene play in this section.

[Post New]by minooka on Feb 5, 11 9:28 PM
I can't get out of the elevator! I had to go back to the cemetery to get the lantern for the diving suit and now when I try to go up in the elevator it says "you must go down first"! I was already "down" and need to get back to town to assemble the diving suit. I have tried leaving the game and coming back but nothing helps...any suggestions? Everything was running fine up until this point....thank you

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 5, 11 10:00 PM
Hi minooka,
Once you have gone "up" in the elevator, you need to place your cursor near the bottom of the screen to exit it (or go "back").
Hope this helps.
Cheers

[Post New]by minooka on Feb 6, 11 9:36 AM
Thank you DragonLadyOz! Seems a little weird as most of the time one goes forward through a door/gate to leave but will sure give it a try!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 6, 11 9:39 AM
Actually, minooka, the elevator has TWO doors. The one you entered at the basement level, and the one you exited at the pier level.

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 9:40:27 AM PST

Go to: