bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

Post any Phantasmat technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 5, 11 8:23 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.

Re:Post any Phantasmat technical issues here only

[Post New]by cat099 on Feb 5, 11 9:07 AM
I switched accounts in the last few weeks and since then i am not able to access tomorrows game today to try or buy the game. This is very frustrating to have to wait for it to move to new release to buy the game

dwida
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by dwida on Feb 5, 11 9:19 AM
The game seems to be off center for me and I can't access the right hand side of the game. The left side of the screen has kind of a black "bar". My screen resolution is set correctly so I'm not sure what the problem is.

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Feb 5, 11 10:13 AM
With 9 minutes left in the demo, the program terminated with an "Access Sharing Violation" error message. In well over 250 games, this is the first time this happened to me and no one else is reporting this problem. Any help advice would be appreciated.

thanks,
KIW0612

hollyodie
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on Feb 5, 11 12:22 PM
The game locked up my computer completely at the beginning of the HOG scene in the cellar. I had to do a cold shutdown and restart on my computer and go back into the game. When I did go back, I was back at the front door of the hotel, the fishing hook was gone from my inventory and the HOG scene in the vines beside the porch wasn't available. Since I couldn't retrieve the fishing hook and couldn't get into the hotel, I had to shut the game down and restart using a new profile. Not too happy about having to start all over again and am hoping that I don't run into this problem again.

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,208 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Feb 5, 11 2:50 PM
When I started open the game it was fine then when I went back in I have lines and more lines. I rebooted, uninstalled and installed the game and game manager again. I still have lines worse than before.

Could the game be corrupted?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 5, 11 4:54 PM
cinder555 wrote:When I started open the game it was fine then when I went back in I have lines and more lines. I rebooted, uninstalled and installed the game and game manager again. I still have lines worse than before.

Could the game be corrupted?

I doubt that the game is corrupted because there are way too many people enjoying playing it. There could be something with your computer, installation, firewall, anti-virus, etc. I would suggest first using the little blue Help button on the upper right of the screen to see if you can get info that might help you out. If that doesn't work, contact Customer Service with the on the right or Live Chat if it's available to you. Hope you get this working right.........
m

[Post New]by marilynjnorman on Feb 5, 11 6:47 PM
I PLAYED THE GAME FOR ONLY A FEW MINUTES AND BOUGHT IT. IT IS PLAYING JUST FINE SO FAR BUT MY PROBLEM IS MORE GENERAL THAN JUST THIS GAME.

I AM NOT ABLE TO USE THE GAME CREDITS I GET FOR BUYING GAMES! I JUST THREW THE NEWEST ONE IN THE TRASH AFTER TRYING IT, ALONG WITH ONE EARANED EARLIER!

UNLESS SOMEONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO USE THESE THINGS I AM JUST GOING TO IGNORE ANY NOTICES ABOUT GAME CREDITS FROM NOW ON AND HIT "DELETE"!

DO LOVE THIS GAME THOUGH!

CHEERS FROM DOWN UNDER - SEASIDE GRANNY

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 5, 11 6:59 PM
Hi Seaside Granny, Hope the you didn't get caught up in the recent weather problems down under.

This forum post will never be seen by those that you need to talk to about game credits. On the right side of the screen is a "We're Here to Help!" with a under it. Click on that envelop and tell Customer Service what you are having trouble with. They are great and will help you out.

Also, Please unclick the Caps Lock key. That makes it really hard to read your post when it's all in caps. thanks.
m

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Feb 6, 11 3:43 AM
I downloaded the SE as soon as it came out and have been happily wandering around taking my time on the challenge mode and I had about 12 items in my inventory. I decided to go to the cemetery (it was listed as one of my tasks). When I got to the mayors tomb and talked to the old lady the scene faded out (not a glitch this is the game) but when I "came to" in the cemetery half of my inventory had vanished!
I hate installing and reinstalling after just playing it so I'm going to wait a while and forget it but I'm pretty p.o.ed. When I pay for a game I expect it to work and when it doesn't I think about leaving.
I already wrote to customer service. Not a happy fishie. I am runnng windows 7 with all the goodies if anyone is wondering.

ps. If you think these "glitches" haven't effected my gaming here you're wrong. I have cut back on a lot of my purchases. Thank God for the daily double or I'm not even sure if I'd be a member anymore.

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 3:48:03 AM PST

moonfire69
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by moonfire69 on Feb 6, 11 4:22 AM
KIW0612 wrote:With 9 minutes left in the demo, the program terminated with an "Access Sharing Violation" error message. In well over 250 games, this is the first time this happened to me and no one else is reporting this problem. Any help advice would be appreciated.

thanks,
KIW0612
I just had the same problem, when the CE came out I played the demo, but waited patiently for this version. The game started me from the beginning , then after playing for 3 min. I got the same violation code. I'm gonna try it on my laptop n see what happens. Both have win7. grrrrrrrrrr

moonfire69
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by moonfire69 on Feb 6, 11 7:37 AM
moonfire69 wrote:
KIW0612 wrote:With 9 minutes left in the demo, the program terminated with an "Access Sharing Violation" error message. In well over 250 games, this is the first time this happened to me and no one else is reporting this problem. Any help advice would be appreciated.

thanks,
KIW0612
I just had the same problem, when the CE came out I played the demo, but waited patiently for this version. The game started me from the beginning , then after playing for 3 min. I got the same violation code. I'm gonna try it on my laptop n see what happens. Both have win7. grrrrrrrrrr
DUH...I didn't realize two separate downloads...then I found out I needed a driver update. So it is working properly on the reg. edition.

punky26
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by punky26 on Feb 6, 11 8:16 AM
I think this qualifies as a technical issue. When I go to the door of the sunken church and try to do the picture, one of the 18 pieces is "stuck" under the picture and I can't retrieve it. Even if I back out and return to the door scene, the problem is the same. Any thoughts on how to finish the picture without having to start th game from the beginning?

[Post New]by ninanlch on Feb 6, 11 10:37 AM
Random inventory items disappear when game is activated after the first free hour is up. In my case, it was a piano key. I wasted over an hour retracing my steps, reading every walkthrough and searching forums and it's only when I randomly stumbled upon a missing teapot post and the related activation issue that I decided to restart. This issue should have been fixed in the regular edition as it was flagged in the Collector's. My advice is, restart the game when you activate.

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Feb 6, 11 11:41 AM
I wish I had read these posts before buying. I tried the CE trial. When the SE came out, I DL the trial and when time was up, I purchased it. I've got almost 3 hours into playing this game only to realize I have missing inventory items that cannot be re-done.

I'm amazed that the devs haven't hot-fixed this yet. I seriously have no choice but to go back and start the game over under a new profile. I just don't have it in me to do that atm. I'll save it for a rainy day when there are no new games I want to buy.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,477 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 6, 11 2:59 PM
mintjulelip wrote:I wish I had read these posts before buying. I tried the CE trial. When the SE came out, I DL the trial and when time was up, I purchased it. I've got almost 3 hours into playing this game only to realize I have missing inventory items that cannot be re-done.

I'm amazed that the devs haven't hot-fixed this yet. I seriously have no choice but to go back and start the game over under a new profile. I just don't have it in me to do that atm. I'll save it for a rainy day when there are no new games I want to buy.

I have to agree. This seems to be a major glitch for a site that prides itself on it's demos. This is the bread and butter of BFG - customers demoing games and then buying if they like it, with the advantage that they are able to PICK UP WHERE THEY LEFT OFF. Having to restart the game almost negates the demo process.

Prissy2006
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Prissy2006 on Feb 6, 11 3:17 PM
What's the deal in Chapter 17 when you need to go back up in the elevator, but it only goes half way and says you have to go back down? I have retraced my steps at the cemetry until it takes you back to the elevator, but it will now let me go back up to the cliff viewing ponit to look through the spyglass. I have also uninstalled it and re-installed it, but it doesn't do any good. What am I missing or what do I need to do?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 6, 11 3:57 PM
Prissy2006 wrote:What's the deal in Chapter 17 when you need to go back up in the elevator, but it only goes half way and says you have to go back down? I have retraced my steps at the cemetry until it takes you back to the elevator, but it will now let me go back up to the cliff viewing ponit to look through the spyglass. I have also uninstalled it and re-installed it, but it doesn't do any good. What am I missing or what do I need to do?

There is a topic here titled "elevator -- how to use" it explains your problem. The elevator has 2 doors - one in front to go to pier. One in behind to get out in basement. To go behind into basement, put your cursor on the bottom of the screen.
m

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
327 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Feb 7, 11 8:48 PM
I could not get the game to install. It would start and then stop. I checked my hard drive space, which is fine, and also cleared up temp files, etc. Tried at least three times to install, but to no avail? Not sure why, and I rarely have PC problems downloading any BF games. Oh well, looks like a good game, but for me, not gonna happen this time

[Post New]by puppykins on Feb 8, 11 8:00 AM
I love this game....but..I also have a piano key missing from my inventory so I cannot play the piano. What do I do? Do I have to uninstall the game and reinstall?

Go to: